PDA

View Full Version : How can something so small be SO LO

Prancing Pony
27-01-07, 10:43 AM
Hello folks, Liesl said she'd already let you know about baby Emma, just thought I'd pop in and say hi and a special thanks to Simi and Pauper and Shaiarabs (who drove 5 hours for a surprise visit) for all your support, wouldn't have got through without you guys.

Well Emma seems to be healthy and happy - her lungs sure work pretty well, you know they're loud when the midwife who's worked in the hospital nursery for 30 years is cringing when she cries (or rather this special little screech she has)!!

Hubby was really good in the end, after he saw how much pain I was in he was all for the epidural!! Which I can definitely reccommend to any pregnant women out there!!

Better go now, multi-tasking at the moment and feeding while using laptop but not sure it's too good for the back. Will hopefully get time to put some pics up later.

pauper
27-01-07, 10:55 AM
Big huge Hugs PP, isnt it amazing how something so little can make such a huge noise :) will call tommorrow and no thanks are needed, is always a pleasure to chat to someone as lovely as you!
Love and best wishes Pauper

Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level. It's cheaper!

Suzie Q
27-01-07, 10:59 AM
Oh GREAT to hear from you PP and how wonderful of Simi, Pauper and Shaiarabs to show you how much Cyberhorsians care and are there for you.

From my one experience of hearing a baby screech in the middle of the night with a wall in between........ best birth control I can think of! :)

Good luck with the little one and I would say this is the first time I have ever been sitting and waiting for a pic of a human foal!!!

Prancing Pony
27-01-07, 11:02 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/Grandpasam/emmaphb.jpg

firenne
27-01-07, 11:09 AM
Congratulations PP, she is beautiful!!

Queen_V
27-01-07, 11:25 AM
What a sweet little darling! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cheers,
vicki

Cades
27-01-07, 11:30 AM
She's just beautiful PP. Once again congratulations.

annieat4444
27-01-07, 11:34 AM
Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful baby.

regalrendezvous
27-01-07, 12:33 PM
She is beautiful, congratulations.

Any more pics? :D

Regal

KLM
27-01-07, 12:39 PM
how come I cant see the photo? it's just a little box with a "x" in the corner????

Alpeony
27-01-07, 12:47 PM
Congratulations PP :). She is a very beautiful baby and I love te name Emma. All the best :).

Red Dun
27-01-07, 01:10 PM
Congratulations PP. I was just thinking today I should post to ask if anyone had seen little Emma - and here it is :D

Emma is gorgeous.

I am so pleased to hear you sounding so much better and also happy that OH had a re-think and was supportive :)

_Ace_
27-01-07, 01:12 PM
Congratulations! She's gorgeous!

*It is always a silly thing to give advice,
but to give good advice is fatal*

simigirl75
27-01-07, 01:20 PM
Hey PP, what a gorgeous little girl Emma is!!! There is no need for thanks. I didn't do much, just spent time on a phone every now and then to a friend :).

Now Shaiarabs, what a wonderful person! She kept me up to date on how you and Emma were and gave me the hospital's number. To take the time to go and see you, just shows she cares about you and Emma. Now my friend that is a reflection not just on her but on you as well. She obiviously thinks you're worth the time and travel (I have to agree with that ;)).

I just want to give a thanks to Deelee too, as she passed on your mobile number to me.

All us cyber Aunties look forward to the updates on you and our cybergirl Emma! Take care PP :).

Simone :)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/simigirl75/arrghhh.jpg

peanut
27-01-07, 01:27 PM
Awwww what a beautiful bubby :D well done!

eeniemeanie
27-01-07, 01:34 PM
Congratulations PP, she is absolutely beautiful!!

dressage_rox
27-01-07, 02:07 PM
Hi PP,
Your baby girl is just beautiful, such a lovely name and she is just gorgeous, really really making me clucky (long way off for me yet though!)

I'm so happy things are going well for you, you sound great and so glad hubby changed his mind about the drugs. Mum agrees that epi's are a god send!

She also says soak up every moment with your girl because it almost seems like you blink and they're grown up and moved out of home (hmm that might be a dig at me!) She can't believe it was a whole 22 years ago that she gave birth to me, she says it feels like just yesterday, something she'll never forget (and after the trauma i put her through it's a wonder she had otehr kids!) so enjoy it and soak it up while it lasts.

Will join the group of ch aunties and will look forward to every update and ooooh and ahh in all the right places when she first smiles, laughs etc.. aren't babies just beautiful...

Ok thanks for sharing the pic, i'm so mushy i might slide out of my seat, best get dinner.

gg_vice
27-01-07, 02:20 PM
Congratulations PP, Emma is a real cutie!
I know what you mean by a screamer! When I had my first, they ended up moving the other mothers out of the ward I was in. Boy, did he scream the place down!

Tully
27-01-07, 02:45 PM
Oh, little Emma Pony is just gorgous!!!! Now,not too much multi tasking PP-being mum is quite enough work for you at the moment!! Resist the urge to do too much.There are not many times in your life, you get to be waited on(coz you're feeding baby),so enjoy this special time.Congratulations to you and Emma Pony's daddy!! Sounds like he did a great job.More piccies please!

shimmyshake
27-01-07, 03:00 PM
Emma is so Beautiful PP!
Congratulations and best wishes to you all!

rosco
27-01-07, 03:05 PM
Congrats PP, she's adorable!!

Wembury
27-01-07, 03:05 PM
She's beautiful PP. Enjoy!!!!

shaiarabs
27-01-07, 03:06 PM
OOOOOOO THERES MY LITTLE GIRL LOL

I had great pleasure to have a snuggle with little emma and the look of surprise on PPonys face was well worth the drive, let alone the peace of mind it gave me to see the new little family.

hugs and kisses for you all pp will talk on phone soon.

Liesl
http://www.freewebs.com/shaiarabs/
"Words that soak into your ears are whispered ..... not yelled!"

Lisa an Gypsie
27-01-07, 03:08 PM
How gorgeous PP, hope you are feeling well :)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/Lisaangypsie/signature2.jpg

Snoozie
27-01-07, 03:09 PM
Congrats PP...What a lovely little girl you have. I hope you are recovering okay and little Emma isn't wearing you out too much.

redsilktiffany
27-01-07, 04:00 PM
Huge congratulations PP. She looks so peacefull in the photo too

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.

JJ01
27-01-07, 10:05 PM
Huge congrats PP - what a gorgeous little girl!! Am very jealous - both of my two came with extra bits attached. I'm getting used to the idea that within 2 years I'll be the shortest in the family (at 5'9).

JJ

yaears
28-01-07, 01:20 AM
Sweet Serene bubby !(Usually the ones who also have a good set of lungs)
Welcome little Emma and welcome to the world of Motherhood PP!
Multi-tasking is one word for it!Well done girl!

LRT
28-01-07, 01:36 AM
So glad your doing ok PP. Emma is very cute!
Cant wait to see more photos.

pauper
28-01-07, 02:12 AM
Oooooooh what a sweetie! PP i remembered yesterday that TD had her own "special " squeal too, it didnt start till she was about 18 months but was enough to have people running around checking which fire alarm had turned on! Now i'm not sure which sound is better that squeal or "Mum where's my jeans, Mum where's this, Mum take me here, MUMMMMMMMMMM"
Big hugs and remember there not babies for long
all the best Pauper

Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level. It's cheaper!

Curious_2
28-01-07, 03:29 AM
Congratulations!
You must be so proud. She is gorgeous!
How is she going? Feeding well? Sleeping well? How are you feeling?

lovie
28-01-07, 11:11 AM
Congrats on such a lovely baby,makes me all clucky.

gypsy_dreamer
28-01-07, 01:57 PM
Awwwww. How cute. And how wonderful of our fellow CH'ers to visit you. Human nature again comes out and shows me what we could and should be. That was lovely guys.

Emma is just beautiful and I'm soo glad OH came through for you in the end. Jump on Ch anytime if you need advice. (Bonjella is good when the teeth start!). LOL

Hope your feeling good. I'm very happy for you.

Indi
28-01-07, 04:03 PM
You know epidurals aren't the be all and end all of labour. I've done both and third time around I won't be having one. Yes, in some cases, sure, but for those of you pregnant for the first time and worrying about how you'll cope don't just immediately think you can't do it without one.

Aida
28-01-07, 04:10 PM
She's exquisite.

Just perfect.

Here's to learning what your boobs are *really* for.....and when they get sore - wool fat and or cabbage leaves are very helpful.

:) :) :)

my_boy
28-01-07, 06:28 PM
Oh PP, little Emma is so adorable, looks like an absolute angel in the photo.

Hope you are doing well.

Definitely not too much multi tasking now; motherhood is already a big enough job on its own.

Look forward to seeing many more photos and hearing frequent updates!!!

Remember to take time to care for yourself too because, a happy, contented Mummy will make a more patient, relaxed Mummy!!!

That's why I love CH so much - all the kindess and support is given without reservation and with love, great job girls looking after our PP.

my_boy

Tully
29-01-07, 03:00 AM
Aida,your mention of the cabbage leaves reminds me of the day I was running late for a meeting.Was full of too much milk,even after quickly feeding the baby,so raced out to the garden for some cabbge leaves.Tucked them inside nursing bra,jumped in car and arrived only a few minutes late.My head was buzzing with things I needed to do that day,so didn't really bother about my appearance.You know what it's like,if you get to have a shower and clean your teeth you're doing well!! During the meeting this guy was staring at me,I thought I must have looked very tired or something.On walking back to the car,I passed a mirror and saw three of the fattest caterpillars,sitting on my shoulders.They must have climbed out from the leaves.Motherhood-don't it make you laugh sometimes!!!!

macrannoch
29-01-07, 08:48 AM
Yeah PP, Emma is a really cutie.

Hopefully when you get a bit of time you will be able to show us some more pics, as there are many on here who are eager to see more.

So Glad that you hubby came around.

Multitasking is something you will get even better at, I thought I did well at it, until I had my kids, I realised I could multitask even more things at the one time.

Best of luck, may Emma bring you much joy, which I have no doubt she will, My children have, so I have no doubt it will be the same for you.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/macrannoch/Lady11.jpg

scooti
30-01-07, 03:02 AM
Prancing Pony - she is sooooo cute!! Adorable. Congratulations. I want one.

Fi Fi
31-01-07, 08:21 AM
What a beautiful little girl PP! Congratulations.

Jerhal
31-01-07, 09:02 AM
Hi PP, your little girl Emma is absolutely gorgeous!

Nice name too.;-)

Prancing Pony
03-02-07, 10:05 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/Grandpasam/EMMA070201-03.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/Grandpasam/EMMA070201-01.jpg

This is not how I put her in there, I swear!! She likes to roll over and squiggle around. Lucky it's too hot here for clothes as earlier she managed to somehow dirty everthing she owns in less than 5 minutes - puked all over OH's shirt and pants, floor, couch, ottoman, singlet and bunny wrap all in one, puked on me and wrap #2 when I picked her up so OH could go change, took nappy off as it was puked on, she wriggled almost off nappy change mat and poo'd on blanket underneath as well as mat then I moved her to clean stuff and she wee'd on other bunny wrap!! Good plan Emma.

She's going better now, we spent 3 days in hospital again since that last post, her tummy's been a bit funny and that's probly why she was screaming so much, nobody's really sure why but apparently the breastmilk didn't agree with her, might of been allergic to it, she got a bit of a rash and temperature but seems good now on the formula so yay!!

Still finding it pretty hard to 'bond' etc but it's all getting there and people seem to be more understanding of why I'm having a hard time now I've had the baby than they were before she got here so it's a lot easier to get the help I wanted months ago but couldn't really find. Should get better now she's a bit less unsettled and sleeps more than 10mins at a time!!

Thanks everyone for all your congrats and well-wishes, all you clucky people are welcome to PM my OH anytime for updates, he's always happy to oooh and aaaah over photo's or whatever cute thing she did last.

simigirl75
03-02-07, 10:28 AM
She is a gorgeous bub PP. Poor tyke having an upset stomach so early in life :(.

All you can do PP is give yourself time. The fact that you're posting pictures of her, is a good sign.

We're here for you and I'm only a phone call away if you ever need to chat. Hey, when and if the time does come for me, I'll be ringing you ;).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/simigirl75/arrghhh.jpg

gg_vice
03-02-07, 10:29 AM
She's a lovely little bub PP.
My 'screamer' swallowed a lot of yuck when he was born, he just screamed and screamed. He then ended up with eczema, more screaming.
Make sure you DO make your OH give some support and REST when you can. Being overly tired does nothing for the bonding process, you just feel resentful that the moment you close your eyes they scream!

RH Bobbie
03-02-07, 11:08 AM
Youre little squiggly girl is gorgeous PP :D
And Im so glad youre doing well! Have been thinking of you.

Farmer Billy
03-02-07, 11:33 AM
What a beautiful little girl, congrats PP

She looks like she has already grown so much from the first pictures you posted :) they change so quickly.

All the best, keep us posted on your progress.

gg_vice
03-02-07, 11:34 AM
Hey PP, you might want to try getting yourself a really comfy rockingchair and sing! When bub is in the womb, it is actually quite noisy and losts of movement in his little waterworld.

rachemum
03-02-07, 11:44 AM
Awwwwww
PP she is just a stunner!!!

Congrats, relax and enjoy her.
Motherhood really is the most amazing thing isnt it?
:)

Rache.
My greatest fear is that there is no such thing as PMS and that this is my true personality

Suzie Q
03-02-07, 12:05 PM
What a great word .... squiggley.

I wonder if she isn't getting along with your breast milk 'cause you are eating chocolate????!!!!

I just mean cause you couldn't eat it at the beginning of your pregnancy.

Lynette
03-02-07, 01:14 PM
Emma is beautiful PP, congratulations!

KLM - the reason you can't see the photo may because of a too-diligent firewall, especially if you are logged on at work. I often can't see photos when logged on at work.

ItsCriquette
04-02-07, 03:13 PM
PP, Emma is just beautiful!