PDA

View Full Version : Check your saddle repairs

Margie
15-02-07, 07:18 AM
I had the saddle partially restuffed at the back, and when the guy went to stuff it, the saddle came apart. Whoever had previously repaired it (not where I took it this time) had restapled it with tiny staples!! Its all fixed now, but next time I'll ask a few more questions. It's like getting your car fixed...you have to trust they'll do a good job but sometimes later you find they don't.

RH Bobbie
15-02-07, 07:27 AM
Hehe Margie can I only guess where you had it repaired the first time?
I had my saddle re fitted, then restuffed and it came back and it not only didnt fit my horse but it had rediculous lumps through out it and caused some serious damage to my boys back.

So I sent it back and they fixed it, but while they had it in the store they were storing it where they were under going renervations... of course they didnt think to cover my saddle and it came back damaged! Needless to say I got my money back and went somewhere else to have my saddle fixed again.

mrsbean
15-02-07, 08:12 AM
A friend had a saddle 'restuffed' by a 'well known' saddlery... I said "oh oh" and needless to say charge the money and it came back stull looking irregular with new creases in the leather.
So took it to my bloke up the road who actually doesn't do it for the money but rather loves working with leather, and he said that they had just cut a slit in the leather and stuffed some foam in it..not even flock.

He repaired the job and saddle is great now (he also fixed up the long points free of charge because he said they did a lousy job on putting those in and were about to snap), just goes to show that you can't be too careful, saddles are worth a fortune and it doesn't take much to stuff them royally.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i217/MrsBean123/anhoofprints.gif