PDA

View Full Version : N/H I am officially sad

Miss Magnum
22-03-07, 02:13 PM
I just watched Spicks and Specks on the ABC, and at the very end when they play a film clip SO BAD from times gone by, they played a clip from Shaun Cassidy, and I OWN THE ALBUM!!!! Have you any idea how bad I feel? Do I bury my head in sand now? Or is it justifiable homocide if I get somebody to end it for me now? Any body know of a gun for hire? Are terms acceptable?

Leahrydeary
22-03-07, 02:39 PM
i thought he was kinda cute, though as they said, it really isn't rock n roll.

Chestnut Filly
23-03-07, 03:27 AM
It just goes to show how things change, & how 'fashionable' looks also change. I'm not saying I was ever fond of Mr Cassidy & his mincing in tight slacks though! I was in love with Duran Duran when I was a teenager. Nowadays, if I ever see one of their clips on TV I feel quite embarrassed - they are/were totally gay, painted, & have/had an enrealistic view of their own attractiveness & importance! However, I still LOVE their music & listen to it regularly. At least they wrote their own songs & played instruments!

Belle Cheval
23-03-07, 03:35 AM
Loved Duran Duran! Hoodoo Gurus, hell even liked Roxette!

Who else...

The Models!!!
Old INXS
U2

...ok, Shaun Cassidy was just a little before me, but not much, my sisters liked him, and those people who wore tartan!?

Choirboys,
Dragon, I love rain it's my second favorite song!

Geez Magnum, you wanted to pop yourself after going down memory lane and I just want get out the records, sorry CD's!

Glass Tiger
Meatloaf

....OK will stop now, who did you like?

pauper
23-03-07, 04:07 AM
Ummmmm Leif Garrett, but you never heard this from me, lol.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Nicko
23-03-07, 04:20 AM
I went and bought myself a record player so I could get my vinyl collection out. I found some that I'n not so proud of. I found Wham - Make it Big with Wake Me Up as the number 1 track, Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell (Great Album), ABBA, some great 80s stuff including Australian Crawl.

Belle Cheval
23-03-07, 04:20 AM
YESSS! Leif Garrett, my sister loved him! and skyhooks!

Chestnut Filly
23-03-07, 04:24 AM
Yeah. love all that Aussie Pub Rock (Aussie Crawl, The Angels etc...)Also love the 80's electronic stuff...!

Tramp_96
23-03-07, 05:10 AM
You don't even want to look into my c.d collection.

Dragoness
23-03-07, 05:26 AM
I have meatloaf Bat out of hell on vinyl, still love it!
And nothing wrong with Roexette, I still listen to them as well, in fact most of my music is 80's/90's stuff.
Can I even admit to being a huge Bon Jovi fan, I remember dancing around our loungeroom with a friend of mine to Slippery when wet when it first came out. Cant believe they are still going, would love them to come to Aus!

*sigh* the good old days before the horrible doof doof garbage music.

Cheers

Biscay72
23-03-07, 06:18 AM
Ohh I love the BeeGees.... Abba...... hehe

Miss Magnum
23-03-07, 07:12 AM
It is such a relief to have comnpany!! The bottle of red last night made me get out my old records and, my God, I had some bad taste. Yes, Leif Garret was there (and I saw his movie, Skateboard?), KISS, and those guys who sang "Some Girls", their name escapes me at the moment, and too many more to mention. Meatloaf was and is BRILLIANT, Cold Chisel got a look in, and I still adore Bon Jovi. Aaah, memories....

Chestnut Filly
23-03-07, 07:47 AM
"Racey"....!!

Belle Cheval
23-03-07, 08:46 AM
I'd come to Bon Jovi with you! Yep, loved Racey. I listen (and sing really loudly and badly) "I was made for loving you baby" when I harrow my paddocks, the neighbours run for cover!

What about Starship, Van Halen, Rio Speedwagon!!!!

athena
23-03-07, 09:15 AM
I went and saw Bon Jovi in Sydney years ago and they was supported by Johnny Diesel (can't remember if he had the injectors with him). I was having a great time until the low blood pressure kicked in and I passed out. Spent the rest of the concert with the nice ambulance people :-(