PDA

View Full Version : Riding Instructor

Alex_1
24-05-07, 01:00 PM
Hey everyone :),
Was wondering if anyone uses, or has heard of the riding instructor Tony Uytendaal? Just thinking about using him for lessons in dressage, and wanted to hear if anyone had some really positive or negative experiences with him? He has amazing qualifications, and I'd really like to use someone can teach really well.

Also can anyone recommend any other good riding instructors in the mornington peninsula area?

skip
24-05-07, 03:17 PM
Unusual name so I remember he was once suggested by an experienced dressage judge as a instructor our dressage club could fly down for a clinic. I think it was the Hawkesbury dressage club. But eventually decided too expensive. But if he's more local to you he would be worth a visit.

fernloch_girl
24-05-07, 04:33 PM
Hi there :)

Tony is a great friend of a friend of mine. They not only have lessons with him, but I think they also sponsor him and are close personal friends and can't rave about him enough. He DOES have amazing qualifications and would be well worth trying, I'd say. Just a bit too far out of my way, or I'd have a few lessons with him too :) !!!

carly82
25-05-07, 01:51 AM
hi there,
Tony travels over to SA occasinally, and his clinics have a waiting list! i watched his last clinic and was seriously impressed, he was professional, funny, helpful and had a soft approach. I saw him ride a student's horse, and he's also a magnificent rider.
couldn't recommend him more, very impressed with his teaching style.

cheers,
Carly

Alex_1
25-05-07, 02:34 AM
Hey :),
Thanks for all your replys. I think I definately will give it ago. He seemed very very nice over the phone. And I really want someone who is very experienced in dressage so I can learn it correctly.
I'm really glad everyone seems to have had/ or knows someone who has had such positive experiences.