PDA

View Full Version : Feed Thieves

jaemar
26-05-07, 01:29 AM
I just saw a very disturbing news report on the TV about some people having to sleep in their feed sheds to prevent their stock feed being stolen! I can't believe people would be so low? I know the situation is bad at the moment but are people really that desperate that they would steal the food out of the mouths of other hungry animals?

pauper
26-05-07, 01:42 AM
Tis sad but one of the reasons i keep everything at home!
one place we agisted if you didnt lock it down it went missing, and this was before the drought hit!
So would hate to see what it is like there now!

Birthdays are good! they mean your still alive!

Karlz_Red
26-05-07, 01:47 AM
Yep. People are that low.

I agist. And have recently had quite a bit of feed stolen.

Very sad when it comes down to things like that. So now I have to replace what was stolen (somehow) so my poor horses dont suffer.
If I ever find out who did it, lets just say it wont be pretty. :)

Queen_V
26-05-07, 01:51 AM
I also saw a story on our local news here in Brisbane a few weeks ago about a rain - water tank being drained in the middle of the night. It was at a sporting club in a quiet unlit area, and someone obviously needed the water and stole it! It was quite a large volume of water too. A rain - water tank manufacturer not far from us has had a few tanks disappear in the middle of the night also. :(

Cheers
Vicki
ps I saw on the news last night that hay is being stolen here in Brisbane as well, :(

annieat4444
26-05-07, 03:12 AM
Desperate times brings out desperate people!!

a_little_oc
26-05-07, 03:38 AM
We have had at least $500-$800 worth of feed stolen lately.
As if the drought isn't bad enough!!
I want to camp in the shed overnight with a very pointy pitch fork.
But the police don't reckon that's a good idea.
I don't see why my horses and I have to be victims of these mongrels.
I have purchased quite a few of mine to stop them going to the doggers, and we are going without ourselves just to look after them.
These things really make things worse. To top it off, I still have to pay for that feed as it's on an account (the only account I run)

Suzie Q
26-05-07, 03:46 AM
I saw that report as well. They also said that square bales are being sold for $35.00 a bale.

simron
26-05-07, 03:58 AM
Disgusting!!! All I can suggest is to have a wire cable set up alongside the feed shed with a dog on the end of a chain.

Indi
26-05-07, 06:31 AM
I came home from work very early one day to find a neighbour helping himself to my hayshed.

This was in the 02/03 drought.

Suzie Q
26-05-07, 07:28 AM
Don't leave us hanging Indi. What happened next?

snowfoot
26-05-07, 09:45 AM
Indi - what happened/what did you do???