PDA

View Full Version : Loving getting back into riding

Dee
27-05-07, 04:49 AM
After a BIG weightloss I am back in the saddle and loving it. I had put on huge amount of weight and had got to the stage that I just didnt feel comfortable riding, it is just amazing how your centre of gravity changes when you are overweight. It really does affect your balance and confidence. Im in my forties now, and a year ago I wouldnt have imagined riding let alone jumping! To anyone out there who is not riding because of your weight, do take control of your life and live your dream of riding again, it CAN be done!!
Dee

durhama
27-05-07, 04:52 AM
How mkuch weight loss are you taling? I have hit the scary 80kgs, (I am 168 cms), and need to lose 10-15kgs to be an ok rider. Pls give me some inspiration to start!

pauper
27-05-07, 07:39 AM
Congratulations Dee, that is fantastic :)

Birthdays are good! they mean your still alive!

lourdes77
27-05-07, 12:04 PM
congrats !!!!!!

well done

I too have lost weight to better my riding so far 15 kg in 8 weeks and still going

lourdes

MissMolly
27-05-07, 12:27 PM
Yahhhh go girl,,, you should be so proud of yourself... and what a reward, being able to do something you love.

Honestly, it is great to hear and even though I don't know you, I very excited for you.

After 2 kids I put on a little weight (around 9kg) which doen't sound much, but I know now that it is gone, how great I feel and how much more confidence you can have, even if no one else notices it.

You sould be very pleased... Well done

Glenda_
27-05-07, 11:00 PM
Well done!!
I have stacked it on cos of an injury (handy excuse) And have been your typical yoyo for 25 years.. I sooo know the feeling you experience when you get in the saddle and feel stronger and lighter. I swear my horses over the years have too. Motivation is my problem, just easier to hit the couch complaining about it. How did you loose it? (may I ask) Ive done em all. Beware the atkins diet! I once lost 42 kg on this one, ended up with all sorts of deficiencies and chronic fatigue syndrome that still haunts me years later. Oh and I managed to bung all the kgs back on. Perhaps we could have a fatty thread to support each other!?
"My name is Glenda, and I weigh 92 kg."

athena
28-05-07, 01:23 AM
Wow Lourdes
That is a really good result. May I ask what you are doing???

Cheers
A

dilutesrule
28-05-07, 01:38 AM
hi guys after many 'false starts' ive lost 20 kgs.had to be done for health reasons but also had to be in the right frame of mind to do it and once i started i havent looked back.
best of luck with it
michelle

lourdes77
28-05-07, 12:15 PM
Hi
I lost the weight with the tony fergusson diet the chemist one low carbs high protien
all I have done is change my eating habits
no exercise as of yet

is a great diet for me

lourdes

athena
28-05-07, 12:34 PM
That's a great result lourdes.
Have seen the tons and tons of ads on tv, perhaps I will investigate futher :-)

Cheers
A

babsta_
28-05-07, 02:26 PM
I'm starting a diet program with the aim to get back into being competitive. I have a lot to lose though!!!! It's true though how much weight can effect you balance when riding. I could sit on a horse that shyed viloently before but after the car acciedent that caused me to gain weight, a horse just has to step sideways to aviod something and i'll land very heavily on the ground. I don't care what people think of me in the ring, but I have a new young horse that just completed her 2yr year and I want to ride her next year. I won;t though til I lose the weight. I just bought a treadmill, it's too cold to walk outside!!! I have 45kg's to lose to be comfortable.
Wish me luck and congrads on your lose, I hope to be were you are next year!!
Cheers

Dee
29-05-07, 05:02 AM
Hello, its interesting that we all have to wait for motivation to come to us!! I am currently trying to be as healthy as I can, and using a mixture of diet shakes and I am a very regular user of weight watchers frozen meals. My favourites are the risotto and I really love the satay chicken wraps (Like a tortilla wrap) which you heat in the microwave for 2 minutes then toast in a sandwich press. These are really yummy. I have lost over 25 kilos now, gone from a size 20 plus in some things to now a comfortable 14. I am NOT going to put on the weight again! Ha ha, I've said that before now, but I havent lost as much as this before.
And by the way, instead of rewarding myself with food I do it with Chardy! My drinking habits have way increased along the way!!

fernloch_girl
29-05-07, 02:30 PM
I think it's awsome :) My riding has been sporadic over the years due to injury. My weight is actually ridiculously low at the moment, and I'm facing WEIRD stuff like a bruised bottom - WHAT THE??? In the past, I was the one who only had to look at food, but it's amazing how chronic pain not only eats away at your self esteem but also at your physical being.

What I actually started on another forum (because I'm a food fanatic and LOVE cooking!!!), is a food forum. We all post our favourite healthy fast recipes, which are suited to horsey people that work, ride, feed families, pets, horses, etc. and are supposed to be healthy at the same time???!!! A whole stack of awsome recipes (including a stack of great vegetarian ones) have come up. We plan to somehow publish a 'cook book' and sell it, giving the money to a horsey charity.

Maybe we could do the same thing here??? The idea came to me, because my mum compiled a 'cook book' for my sister and I of all of our favourite family recipes that we grew up with, when we got married and moved out of home. I refer to it ALL THE TIME! Having a themed cook book of fast, healthy meals to fit into our very specific lifestyle is a great idea, i reckon :)

suspension
30-05-07, 02:49 AM
Hi Fernloch Girl that sounds like a great idea. Can you post a link to the site. I need recipe ideas for motivation!

Well done Dee and Lourdes77. Durhama you have a PM.