PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Dressage Schoolmaster In Vic

MissMolly
29-05-07, 06:09 AM
Sorry Berni & Bill if this is advertising but I have hunted and hunted through the Virtual Saleyard, many of the listings are out of date, or there is nothing appropriate. And these type of horses are just so hard to find and are usually only passed on via word of mouth.

I was just wondering if anyone has or would know of anything that would fit this description.

Dressage (Schoolmaster) Type in VICTORIA

Wanted, genuine quite , training min Med. 15.3hh-16.3hh 7yo to 15yo, MUST be quiet, well mannered both at home and out, easy to handle on the ground, calm and even temp,good with kids, wind, noise, etc. No spook, shy, buck, bite etc and DEF Sound and DRUG free, Nice straight movement with good laterals established...SCHOOLMASTERS with good training will def be welcomed, will forgo somethings but education and temp are paramount. Nice Mare or Gelding, Open to all colours and bred. Price Neg depending on horss, but not outragious.

Please if anyone knows of such a horse or can keep an eye out would be most appreciated.

MissMolly
29-05-07, 12:35 PM
Anyone

fernloch_girl
29-05-07, 02:04 PM
I know of the perfect horse for you - it belongs to my dressage coach and is being ridden by my friend (also his pupil). He's totally sound, quiet, adorable, etc. You need to realise that sound, well trained schoolmasters aren't cheap though? If you're interested, you can e-mail me at: ines.gegenhuber@bigpond.com and I'll give you his details and the contact details of his rider/carer. He really does sound perfect for you :) You're right, he's NOT advertised...

MissMolly
29-05-07, 02:17 PM
Thanks I have emailed you.

Grey Terror
29-05-07, 02:40 PM
MissMolly, you have just described my dream horse. Not sure where he is though!

MissMolly
29-05-07, 04:15 PM
Well as everyone keeps telling me, you have to have a list try and stick to it!

They are out there but few and far between. I am lucky to have a really good one (but very old, and not able to compete) on loan until I find something for myself, and riding him reminds me that yes they do exist, it is just a matter of sifting through to find the right one for you, and not be in a hurry to do so...

Shahron
30-05-07, 12:42 AM
I'm looking for a couple of these for clients and yes, they are very hard to find.
Just don't rush. It takes time to find the right one but it's worth waiting for them.

Good luck.

www.dressage.au.com

MissMolly
30-05-07, 03:05 AM
Shahron can you add me to your list??? I was the one interested in the Grannus gelding you had, and missed out on seeing him. Have tried a few others but nothing really suitable.

MissMolly
30-05-07, 08:46 AM
Shahron I have emailed you.