PDA

View Full Version : Calling all leather saddle care exp

deelee
29-05-07, 09:01 AM
I purchased a KN saddle that had been used as a trial saddle from a large saddlery chain about six months ago. When I got it I wasn't able to ride very much and have only just started riding in it. I have noticed that the knee rolls are now marked and the leathers are marking the saddle quite a bit.

I spoke to an instructor at ARC yesterday and she said it looked like the seam in my jods was damaging the leather on the knee rolls.

I spoke to the saddlrey shop and they weren't very helpful said to bring it in and see if it can be resotred. I asked if they had seen anything like this before and said they had a larger lady come in with holes in her knee rolls, it was repaired and it happened again two weeks later and that it was due to her size and position so maybe my position was doing it...

Not very happy as not a cheap saddle and who would have thought that seams on jods would cause damage. The saddlrey girl also said maybe it is from wearning jeans or something like that - I said that I only ever ride in jods never in jeans.

I have the day off next Tuesday so will take it in for them to look at - any suggestions?

Delta72
29-05-07, 09:34 AM
One would think leather to be tougher than jodie material! If is a common problem, I would be inclined to say it is a manufacturing fault. Perhaps get thicker leather inserted for knee rolls??

deelee
29-05-07, 10:01 AM
Well i would have thought that the leather would be strong the jods as well...

I did get the saddle on sale, but it still wasn't exactly cheap so not happy if I have to start getting work done on it!