PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me with my horses

spazzy jazz
01-06-07, 02:42 PM
hi all, i have just joined and i was wondering if any one can help me with a brand? Ive been told by my horse dentist that she may be from the blue gum stud, and i have tried contacting them, but i have had no help. she has BG on one shoulder and 40 over 9 on the other. seems like a pretty big number, so i figured it would be easy to find info on her!! She is a bay mare with a big white blaze on her face. i was told originally that she was a warmblood, but both the dentist and the farrier think she is a thoroughbred. So any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

fernloch_girl
01-06-07, 02:52 PM
Hi there :)

Do you mean the Blue Gum Farm in Euroa??? They have up to 800 mares at a time, so that number would be nothing on their terms :) Did one day's work experience there about 14 years ago, so can't remember the brand - sorry. However, PM me if you like. If it's the same stud in Euroa, Vic. There may be some way around it...

nordic_bec
02-06-07, 03:29 AM
Hi Is the brand capital B over Capital G? If so it is Blue Gum farm. I have done a search and they don't have records on TB website for that year.

spazzy jazz
02-06-07, 02:34 PM
no the brand is capital BG next to each other. is it possible for there to be more than one stud owning a brand?? or different breeds?

nordic_bec
02-06-07, 02:39 PM
I'll have to go back on to the TB studbook site and check but from memory I think there are 5 users of that brand. Will check for you now.

nordic_bec
02-06-07, 02:48 PM
Yes there are 5 people able to use that brand (if it is the same one).

The owner which uses the drop numbers 31-40 is Mrs B Geracitano. Records are not complete before 2003 and I can't find your horses there at all.

We breed TBs but also have RP, APSB etc and use the same brand on all of them. So yes your horse could be registered with a different society.

Sorry I couldn't find out any more.

spazzy jazz
03-06-07, 03:01 PM
thank you for your help, im going to google her name, and hopefully be able to find out where my girl comes from.