PDA

View Full Version : best online ordering service ever!

Jesssica
02-06-07, 04:45 AM
I have always been a bit wary of ordering things online but I finally decided to try it with Horse Supplies Direct.

I decided it was time I worked out exactly which drenches I should be using and when rather than my previous haphazard guesses! I ended up deciding on buying in bulk - a big upfront cost but a huge saving in the long run.

I wanted to drench this weekend and was going to save at least $50 by ordering from HSD (that takes postage into account) so I rang them Thurs at midday. They were so patient while they gave me all the expiry dates and let me confirm the active ingredient etc and it got here this morning. Less than 24hr delivery, far cheaper (one drench was 120 in the cheapest store here and $85 from there) and we are about 7 hours from Sydney.

I was just so impressed I thought I would let you all know.

Lisa an Gypsie
02-06-07, 05:54 AM
Yup, definately the best place I have shopped online for horse gear...very quick delivery to my place (Mt Isa QLD) and definately great service.

Cheers
Lisa

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/Lisaangypsie/signature2.jpg

shaiarabs
02-06-07, 06:07 AM
they are brilliant I have ordered a couple of times now including when my mare was seriously ill and the product came in good time

i even got a lovely hand written note in the last one saying they were sorry that they didnt have any black stethascopes left lol I GOT A BLUE ONE YAY

Liesl

Bowerbird
02-06-07, 07:26 AM
I agree with you girls totally. I have only ordered off them once, did it straight over the net and the parcel arrived the next day. You couldnt ask for better service than that, I recommend them totally.

Bowerbird

Fair Embrace
02-06-07, 07:30 AM
Everything I've ordered from them has taken two days or less to reach me in Townsville and they always put a little treat in my box, be it a couple of mars bars or a bag of lollies. Also I ordered eight rolls of vetwrap from them in my last order and received twelve.

SarahNJudy
02-06-07, 08:14 AM
Hi Guys,

Unlike a few of you I live in metro Sydney but have a pretty hectic schedule and do a lot of my ordering online durring the day.

Without getting into a verbal bashing I really must tell you all that I was disappointed the first time I ordered via phone from Newmarket Saddlery.

I ordered a market harbrough on a friday for a clink the following week and was assured that I'd have it in time.

I called the day before my clinic when I hadnt recieved it to be told that they hadnt posted it yet! That it was still sitting there waiting to be put in the post box. I recieved it a few days later (after my clinic) and turns out they sent me the wrong color (brown instead of black).

Anyway, if this wasnt bad enough I received the catalogue a few weeks later and decided to drive out as there was some gear I was interested in buying (didnt trust the mail order scenario). When I got to the store all the sizes and stock were very limited or they were out!

Thought I'd let you all know.. Huge disapointment!

sheryl
02-06-07, 08:16 AM
I have to agree.

We use them for just about everything. No one comes near them for service and price, and they are just so obliging and professional.

I have just received another box full of goodies this afternoon, so I think I will go out and open it now to see what 'surprise' Pip has put in this time.....just love those little packs of M & M's !!!

Sheryl

trish
03-06-07, 03:20 AM
ordered eight and got 12, they must be loosing money or making waaaay to much LOL, I have used them myself and they are a good service, although I find most things I need I can get off line, when I have been unable to get something locally if they are out of stock, I always seem to be able to get it from Horse Supplies Direct qicker than if the saddlery orders it in for me.
Still like to be a 'personal' hands on type shopper, mindyou I always seem to come home with stuff I really didn't need as it just jumped off the shelf at me LOL.So yep thumbs up for Horse supplies Direct, probably should use them a bit more would save me buying stuff I don't really need I suppose!

athena
03-06-07, 06:06 AM
I buy my supplements from HSD. Despite having to pay postage, I get my Calcium for about $20 cheaper than buying locally (QLD), and as others have said, they are really efficient and always include the goodies!!
Couldn't recommend them more highly!