PDA

View Full Version : Eventer wanted

Jesssica
02-06-07, 06:18 AM
I have decided to look for an eventer. Preferably a schoolmaster type (at least pre-novice) but must be bold xcountry and dressage must be reasonable (no hollow backed, heads pulled in types). Otherwise a younger type that shows promise for being bold xcountry but also shows talent in dressage. I would like to head for novice eventing - after that they look way to scary!

I currently event (prelim) but my current horse is taking a little long and I actually donít know if she will make the grade so I am considering selling her.

If anyone has - or knows of a horse that may suit - maybe an old horse not being used anymore that still has some life in him for sale or lease - he would be assured a really good home.

Unfortunately I do have a budget that most of the horses in horsedeals exceeds (defiantly the 10 - 20g ones!) but am willing to wait and keep looking for the right horse. My horses are well loved and cared for and I would happily send references and updates to the ex-owner if wanted.
I understand it may take months (or longer) to find that special horse but if you could keep me in mind if you do hear of something then it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.
Oh yeah - probably only in southern NSW / Vic.

sassy_k
02-06-07, 06:50 AM
PM'd u

Our ability to dream is what sets us apart ~ Our ability to achieve those dreams is what makes each of us extraordinary :)

Jesssica
07-06-07, 07:05 AM
I just thought I would bounce it up in case there was someone out there that had not seen this but had a horse!

Beck Star
07-06-07, 10:04 AM
What you are looking for is exactly what I was looking for (either schoolmaster or youngster as well)... BUT I went and rode a young definatly promising gelding on the weekend and hopefully picking him up this weekend! He is currently only intro but jumps huge and has a huge even stride... I think if you look everywhere and compare horses and prices you can definatly find what you are after in your price range - even in a short period of time.

ally2
07-06-07, 10:35 AM
keep an eye on the NSW Eventing site forum page - the adverts often have the type of horse you are looking for - not sure about prices but PN eventers are usually worth a bit
http://www.eventingnsw.proboards6.com/index.cgi