PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop ????

TM Browbands
11-08-07, 12:47 PM
Hey guys,

I have just purchased a photoshop program off ebay it arrived but only the cd, silly me didnt read all the auction saying that it was just the cd, anyways i dont have a users guide and i am totally lost on how to use it ??? I am trying to edit a photo of a browband so it looks like it has been cut out and put on to a white background, can anyone tell me a easy way to do this ?? and also trying to work out how to like smuge the background - sorry if this does not make any sence at all. any help would be great :}

amlourey
11-08-07, 12:57 PM
If you have bought the full program, there is a tutorial built into it. It should come up with the option in the welcome box when it uploads each time you go into it? Failing that, the help drop down menu offers a heap of how-to tabs to look at. And failing that, if you google adobe photoshop cs2 you will be able to download heaps of user guides and tutorials that will help you out. You need to use the correct tool to outline the area you want to change, then edit only that area, and the tutorials will help you out step by step.

Have fun!

Golfischeaper
11-08-07, 02:41 PM
When you look up the tutorials, search for 'layers' and 'masks' - this will assist you find the right tools for the job and if you learn to use layers correctly you can adjust the image file and test treatments but still undo them easily.

A note for the beginner - be careful with your original image file - always save a copy and work on that when retouching. I learnt the hardway!

kevarose
11-08-07, 11:53 PM
In PS under Edit there is "go back" - great command - you can keep going back when you do stuff you do not like - wish there was such a command in life ...

oneaussiechick
12-08-07, 01:02 AM
Hi there,
photoshop is a pretty extensive program, I am a professional photographer and have been using it since the 1st edition, about 15 years ago. Do you know what edition that you bought?
I would recommend you do a course in how to use it, or at least buy a full on manual and lots of digital photography magazines which give tutorials.

I am currently using 8.0..In answer to your question here's how I would do the above tasks.

Easiest way to smudge the background is to blurr it.
There are two ways.
1. click on your magnetic lasso you will find it on your tool box on the left hand side of the box two down...( there are three lasso's which will show up pick the magnetic.
2. encircle the brow band as closely as poss.
3. to completly white out the area outside of the brow band, on top of the screen you will see subjects such as file edit ect choose...select ..a drop down will appear and click inverse...
Here you can perform both tasks you have asked about...
A. to white out the area
choose edit...in the drop down you'll see 'fill', click it and choose white...
then to neaten up use your paint brush tool , (which is in the tool box 4th from the top on the right)...with white paint brush clean up around the edges.
B. to blurr the area.
Click on Filter at top of screen...a drop down will appear and choose...Blurr another drop down will appear and choose gaussian blurr and it lets you blurr to the degree you want.
Hope this helps...
Its a pretty frustrating when you start to use photoshop, but once you master it it is loads of fun.
regards,
Donna.

TM Browbands
12-08-07, 09:39 AM
Just want to say a big thanks to you guys that helped me out, I done it check it out, it took me a while but got there in the end :} Thanks again :}

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/JIEMBA/BBW1.jpg

Golfischeaper
12-08-07, 11:30 AM
Well done! Depending on where and how you want to use the image, adding a drop shadow to the image can add a nice finishing touch. A light shadow will give the item an 'environment' so it looks like it's sitting on something rather than just floating on the page.

Nice browband too - they look well made :)

TM Browbands
12-08-07, 12:14 PM
Thanks Golfischeaper :} I will give it a go with the shadow sounds like a great finishing touch :}

oneaussiechick
14-08-07, 01:28 AM
great work, well done...have fun playing