PDA

View Full Version : How do you say goodbye

pauper
25-08-07, 10:01 AM
How do you say goodbye to a horse that means the world to you :'( ?

Thanks to a insurance company this is what i have to do!
this time next friday i will be without my beloved Willow :-(
all because a stupid insurance company says if you lease out horses you must be running a business x( so stop it or we will charge you a arm and a leg!

So how do you say goodbye to a horse that was so shy, that when you first started leasing him he would run the other way, but now makes you feel like you have won a Olympic medal every time he neighs hello and runs to greet you!

We have owned and leased horses before all with their own little quirks, but no horse has ever inspired me to achieve what i have, as Willow has done!
he has got me from a rider who's only care in life was staying on, to one who believes as long as i was on Willows back, any goal was within our reach!

yes i could get another horse, but it would just be that another horse!
it wouldn't be the boy who makes even riding in the rain fun, it wouldn't be the boy who pushes me into his side so we can have hugs :) !
it wont be the boy who offers me his dinner first just in case im hungry LOL.

one thing id like to do before i have to stop leasing him, is ride Willow into those insurance offices and show them what they are breaking up :'(

i doubt this will make them think twice about what they are doing to people, but geez it would help me feel a bit better.

S##t happens, then the toilet of life overflows!

t aliga
25-08-07, 10:11 AM
Surely you can find a way to argue you lease him for pleasure? Is it part of the lease agreement he be insured? Can you find a loop hole or reword something? Maybe you should get legal advice before you give up your horse. Good luck and sorry.

take a break
25-08-07, 10:11 AM
Hi Pauper
Thats really sad that you have to give up your Willow you obviously have a great relationship with him and it makes me angry to think those F&%^&8 insurance people can take him away :((( I hope things work out for you but just letting you know my thoughts are with you.

Take A Break :((

The one thing that doesn't cost anything but is priceless is the trust that your horse has in you...

pauper
25-08-07, 10:19 AM
Thanks T algia i dont understand it completly, but its to do with property insurance!
the property owners who also own Willow have been very kind to me but unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a way around it :-(

Hi Take a break thanks for your kind thoughts, the one saving grace is that he is very well loved by his owner so will be getting very good care.

Pally Lover
25-08-07, 10:24 AM
it's soo hard to say goodbye to a special horse friend. I had to say goodbye to my firend as I had to sell him, But I live in NSW and he sold to WA, so I'd never see him again. Before the transport truck came, me and buck spent an hour together under the willow tree just nuzzling and talking about all the fun we had. Then I had to load him up and give him a hug and watch as the truck went up the hill a littleto turn around, then the most heart breaking thing and it was 4 years ago now and still makes me cry to think of it. As the tranpsport driver went back past, my boy stuck his nose as far out as he could and rolled the white of his eye and screamed out to me as he drove past and away. I tore my heart clean out to have him scream out as if to say "mum, were am I going!!!". Tell you what, that's still the hardest thing I ever had to do.

pauper
25-08-07, 11:51 AM
Hi Pally lover i think that will be me :-(
am going to feed him dinner then sit in his paddock till it gets dark!
figure if i wait till i cant see him, then it wont be as hard to walk away!
think im just kidding myself though.

opensky
25-08-07, 12:07 PM
Pauper - there has to be a way around this! Hard to make a suggestion without knowing all the facts, but you need some advice from a professional in the know. Anyone out there? Couldn't you say that the owners are agisting/retiring him on your property? Change insurance companies!? There has to be a way - the wealthy get around loopholes in such things all the time...it's just finding the way..How about that legal guy who gives advice that is on ABC Drive Time with Lindy Burns, he answers ring-in queries? Someone must have advice!??? Best of luck. Anyone else have ideas?

pauper
25-08-07, 12:28 PM
Thanks Opensky but its not my property!

jayne71
25-08-07, 12:39 PM
now i'm all teared up and my oh is looking at me...why do we have to get so attached to them?? (the horses I mean)

I'm sorry for you...can't ya just buy him???

JB

simigirl75
25-08-07, 02:06 PM
That's the thing with leasing at the end of the day, we don't own them and have to give them back sooner or later. Perhaps this was better then too far down the track and you were even more attached?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/simigirl75/araluendemo.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/simigirl75/HannahKingandZari.jpg

shimmyshake
25-08-07, 02:49 PM
Hi Paups,

Ask them if they will sell Willow to you for $1 on the condition that they can buy him back for $1 after a set period of time! Still a lease kinda sorta and also a sale kinda sorta!

Shimmy :)

pauper
26-08-07, 12:45 AM
I would love to buy him (pretend or for real), would even sell my soul to own such a beautiful horse!

Shimmyshake have come up with a few wacky ideas myself, thought i could buy him for $20,000, and pay him off for about $50 a month figured it would take about 20 years :+ , but the owner would still have full claim to him :)
but i cant expect the owner to agree with anything that i may not be prepared to do myself, and he is their first horsey love, so they understandably would be very cautious about any deals even if they are just pretend.

Leases do come and go but if it had been my decision to make, it wouldn't be as heartbreaking!
even if the owner had said "sorry you cant lease Willow anymore, because i would like to do such and such with him" it would still hurt, but at least the decision wouldnt have been made by a company who dont know or care about the owner or myself!

Syzygy
26-08-07, 12:56 AM
Pauper, Obviously I don't fully understand the situation but would really like to discuss it further. Would you email me please with your phone number? Julie

pauper
26-08-07, 02:54 AM
Syzygy i appreciate your caring thoughts :)
i did want to call to see how your babies are doing so will try tonight,
but what i really need is a big hug!

Cheers Pauper

Zampari
26-08-07, 03:14 AM
Big HUGS from me Pauper. I'm very sorry to hear what you're going through. I don't understand the situation so I can't offer any legal advice but I think shimmyshake has a great idea. You could even get a legal contract drawn up through lawyers so Willows owners have peace of mind too.

Hopefully Syzygy has some ideas to help you when you ring her. Good luck.

Radio 4GR in Toowoomba has legal talkback every week, but I can't remember what day.

pauper
26-08-07, 03:52 AM
Thank you for the hug Zampari
but PLEASE NO talk of legal action :-( i would NEVER EVER even consider that idea!
as Willows owner have been nothing but kind and extremely helpful! and this situation is not of their doing!
so please people do not suggest it.
but all hugs will be greatfully accepted!

pauper
26-08-07, 03:56 AM
Zampari i have PMed you
Pauper

Grey Terror
26-08-07, 04:01 AM
Hi Pauper, what a horrible situation! Just wondering, is it you or the owner who has taken out insurance on Willow? When I leased one of my horses out, I paid the insurance and added the leasee's name onto the insurance papers. Does that make any sense? Maybe that's a possibility?

I hope everything works out for you!

Sunspot
26-08-07, 04:11 AM
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's"

Christ Sunspot, what is this, God week or something ? ;/

There's no way i'd ever lease a critter ...

pauper
26-08-07, 04:17 AM
hi Grey terror no the insurance problem is property insurance not horse insurance!
usually property insurance covers anyone who enters your property. and the insurance company will usually add clauses stating what activities can be done on the property!

to be covered for things that insurance company calls extras, costs a extreme amount of money and a amount i would not wish on anyone!

Cheers Pauper

pauper
26-08-07, 04:21 AM
well then i'm glad your not Willows owner!
im sad that the lease is ending, but also extremely grateful for the time i have had with him!

his owners are generous kind people, who would not think twice about helping out others :)

Zampari
26-08-07, 04:46 AM
I'm sorry to anyone who may have misunderstood my post. What I meant was to seek legal advice about your insurance policy not about Willows lovely owners. They are just the pawn in the middle of this and as you've stated how lovely they have been, I was not suggesting in any way to seek legal advice against them.

My suggestion(as per shimmyshakes) was to maybe 'buy' Willow from them for $1(to get around the insurance issue) and have a legal contract drawn up with them stating that you will sell Willow back to them for $1 at any time(like your lease). The contract being peace of mind for them that you will not do anything untoward with their boy(we know you wouldn't, but I'm sure they would be much happier knowing it's all above board).

I hope this is a little clearer to everyone that reads this.

My apologies to Willows owners if they misunderstood my original post.

Sunspot
26-08-07, 05:48 AM
http://www.toiletmuseum.com/potpourri/Button2.gif

JCA
26-08-07, 05:56 AM
Freckles- why on earth do you insist on calling horses 'critters'? Gosh it's an annoying yankeeism. Do you play the banjo too?

Sunspot
26-08-07, 06:44 AM
http://burnlab.net/blog/uploaded_images/curtis-live-712715.jpg

crit·ter (krtr)
n. Informal
1. A living creature.
2. A domestic animal, especially a cow, horse, or mule.
3. A person.

[Alteration of creature.]

"Regional Note: Critter, a pronunciation spelling of creature, actually reflects a pronunciation that would have been very familiar to Shakespeare: 16th- and 17th-century English had not yet begun to pronounce the -ture suffix with its modern (ch) sound."

"This archaic pronunciation still exists in American critter and in Irish creature, pronounced (krtr) and used in the same senses as the American word. The most common meaning of critter is "a living creature," whether wild or domestic; it also can be used as a term of sympathetic endearment, or it can mean someone who is unfortunate"

"In old-fashioned speech, critter and beast denoted a large domestic animal. The more restricted senses "a cow," "a horse," or "a mule" are still characteristic of the speech in specific regions of the United States."

You know what annoys me JCA ...

The ethics behind Modern Competitive Dressage :>

http://pbsd.cf.huffingtonpost.com/pics/koolaid.jpg

pauper
26-08-07, 11:18 AM
Thanks for all the hugs, i will share some of them with Willows owner as they are feeling quite sad to :-(

Willow, his owner and i spent a lovely afternoon playing in the paddock :D
I always knew his owner was a special person :D
but today they outdid themselves in the lovely person stakes!
they have said they will float him to places and want me to feel welcome to come and visit him :7 !
so im very happy, cant ask for better friends than that :D

Prancing Pony
27-08-07, 09:10 AM
Paups I'm so sorry to hear about this, as I said when you first told me if they would sell him I'd buy him for you. I'd look more into the insurance thing, maybe there are other companies that are better, I have leased out horses off my property and leased on others' properties and there's never been a problem with insurance, I think it was something like $45 a year last time I did it while I was pregnant (so not that long ago).

Did you suggest the buying him under condition that he always has to be agisted there and can't ever be re-sold? I'm sorry to say but after all you've told me and seeing you with him (beautiful boy) I really can't see why they wouldn't go for that unless there's more to it. Maybe the insurance would cover for you to have lessons on him or just go ride him etc but not actually lease him? Sorry to rabbit on about this, I just can't bear to see such a beautiful and valuable partnership end.

Also sorry to the owner of the horse I mean no offense, I just find the situation impossible to comprehend.

big hugs Paups.

my_boy
27-08-07, 09:26 AM
paups, my heart goes out to you although it doesn't sound like you will have to actually say GOODBYE, perhaps it will just be - SEE YOU LATER.

Willows owner sounds wonderful!!!

Big hugs to ALL concerned (((( H U G S ))))

RH Bobbie
27-08-07, 10:27 AM
Ive sat on my hands long enough here, but no more!

*raises hands* YES ITS ME! I'm the evil owner of the horse and I'm the one taking him back.

As Ive said else where, It is NOT my choice to offer other ways around it. It is my dad's property and thus his decision to use whatever insurance company he chooses to use.

No there will be no changing insurance companies (and Pauper knows this) as the property is a part of my dad's entire business so the insurance company he uses has to do with a whole other bunch of things, NOT just leasing and agisting horses.

Pauper knows the situation better than anyone and is currently in negotiations with my dad about what can be done. However there is a possibility that DAD is not willing to change anything and as far as I can see, this post is Pauper's way of saying "hey I might not be able to keep him, so I wont get my hopes up, but you never know" right?

Ok 'nuff said.
Back to studying.

pauper
27-08-07, 10:29 AM
Hi PP i know you care about me and Willow :) and worry about us,
but i could/would never seriously ask his owner to sell him!

even though i care about Willow his owner is his "Mummy" they have had him for a very long time and any horse lucky enough to be owned by them, will never have to leave the property!
plus i would never ask someone to do something that i wouldnt do myself.
and if i was in their shoes, and someone asked me to "sell" my baby, even knowing it wasnt a real sale i still wouldnt do it!

hi MY Boy wonderful doesnt even start to explain his owner, they are one in a million :D

Cheers Pauper

Aida
27-08-07, 10:49 AM
You'll get over it Pauper.

Find another horse.

fire_ball
28-08-07, 12:12 PM
Wow Aida, forget your happy pills today?

I fail to see how this is a personal attack on anyone, leasee or leasor. Its simply a post regarding the stupidity of some insurance clauses and expenses. My god people, can we go without suing others in this day and age? Evidence suggests NOT.

As for the hair pulling - GROW UP. Paups, I feel for ya hun. Its awful to have a partnership broken, by lease, death, personal circumstances etc.

Cut Pauper a break. RH, why have you decided to take such a personal rant about this on OZ HORSE FORUM?? If you have a problem with a CH post/poster - get it out here, not on some other forum. It looks pretty damn low and sneaky. Not once did I EVER consider that the owner to the horse mentioned was at fault, or "being a cow". I simply felt sad that the state of affairs is such that you can't sneeze without people baying for your cash. I bet there were a lot of other readers who felt the same. Now, thanks to your charming vent on OHF, its a case of "OMQWTFBBQ, such-and-such is suuuuuuch a beetch!!" and we have another mudslinging contest.

macrannoch
28-08-07, 12:40 PM
Pauper, you may not like what I have to say, but so be it.

GET OVER IT

This post has been nothing but an attention grabbing saga. That has managed to make RH feel like the bad guy.

When you LEASE a horse you know going into it that you may have to hand the horse back, so if you do ever lease one again, maybe hold back a bit. Try to remember that both RH and her father have been very accommodating and good to you in even allowing you to lease him in the first place.

I know you have not bagged them out in the post, but the way it has been worded and the responses it has caused, I thinkg would in no doubt make RH fell like crap, maybe in future think about the ramifications of what you write.

I agree that insurance companies can be a pain in the backside, but none of us know the full reasons as to why Rh's father has made this choice, I can imagine that he would also never do this unless he had to, especially knowing that it would cause so much stress for all involved.

I don't think that RH's post on OZ was a personal rant, it is in fact no different to this one, her family is being canned and told to sell the horse at a ridiculous price or that she should lease a horse off site, she has every right to defend her feelings, and as to what site she puts it on it wouldn't matter as 90% of the people on this site also visit that one. This is not a mudslinging contest, you will find that Rh and her father are still trying to see what can be arranged. I would lease my horse out, but the condition is that it stays on the site I have it, that way I have NO questions as the health etc. At the end of the day the horse belongs to RH, and it a do it my way or dont do it at all, which ocnsidering it's her horse seems to me to be pretty fair.

Paup, I am sorry that you are losing the lease, but maybe it is for the best now and not later on when you are more attached to him. I understand that he is special to you, but other horses can be just as special in there own right. My best ever mare died may years ago, and I agree there have never been any like her, but I have still loved the others that have come into my life because in there own right they have been just as special.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/macrannoch/Glitter-Macrannoch1.gif
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ What we learn to do, we learn by doing ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

RH Bobbie
28-08-07, 12:51 PM
HA trying to catch me out are you Fire_ball?
Nice one but Pauper reads OHF, as do MANY others so Im not hiding anything. And Pauper and I have had Many conversations about it.

I just have closer friends who post more frequently on there and understand exactly where I'M coming from.

Oh and incase youre wondering or just cant read properly I have NOT bitched about anyone! Pauper and I are still friends and will continue to be so, despite this Bull sh1t that I actually DO have a right to be annoyed and upset about!

So grow up and take your pathetic tattle tail games else where.

simigirl75
28-08-07, 05:46 PM
*Yawn* Anyway back to the land of the sane.

pauper
28-08-07, 08:39 PM
i Would appreciate if this can now be dropped please!

At 4am in the morning i dont have it in me to write anything more, exciting than that!

but this thread is hurting a very lovely person, and it was never my intention for that to happen :-(
RH and i are still good friends and will continue to be so, (hopefully for a long time)

but its not right that some are using this "debate" on trying to break that friendship up!
RH knows i care about them, and as far as i are concerned thats all that matters!

simigirl75
29-08-07, 01:15 AM
My previous comment was to a poster that has since had his inappropriate picture removed.

Sunspot
29-08-07, 04:58 AM