PDA

View Full Version : GREAT AUSTRALIAN MUSTER

SAMMY (Guest)
10-04-01, 09:27 AM
Has anyone been to watch the muster at the sydney show?
What are every ones thoughts?

Concerned Stockman (Guest)
11-04-01, 08:04 AM
Firstly, what is this 'Great Australian Muster" business???
Whatever happend to the Royal Easter Show?

I have seen the night show several times already, and quite frankly, it was boring.

The brumbies were out of control, despite having nine 'expert' stockmen chaperoning them. They not only did not make it onto the track, but they nearly knocked over the yards and buildings in the centre.

WHO IS THE OLD GUY AT THE BACK WHO CAN'T KEEP UP????

I have also heard a rumour, that at least one horse has broken its leg cantering down the ramp and had to be put down during rehersals.

It is also appears that the 'Stockmans Challenge" is A SET UP. Not one of the riders is trying to win it at all. However it looks like there is one guy activly trying to lose.

This is also the first time I have ever seen someone make fireworks boring. Who wants to turn a firework display into a history lesson?

I really enjoyed last years performance, but this year the RAS has lost the plot.

By the way... where are the Flyng Golans?

TMS
11-04-01, 11:59 AM
Oh you big party pooper. If it's so boring, why see it several times?

The stockman's challenge has a narration with it and the guy who drops out is the "young bloke from over Kosiusko way" who is disqualified for take the wrong pole. Same guy comes good in the "Man from Snowy River" bit.

It's supposed to be more entertainment & acting out of the poetry than a strict display of the stockmen's ability.

The fireworks looked fine to me, loud, colourful, the kids loved them.

A word of advice though, find a good possie early and stay there if you want a good view, it gets REALLY crowded.

TMS
11-04-01, 12:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON Apr-10-01 AT 08:04PM (AEST)[p]Oops, what's this "permission denied" message?

KES (Guest)
12-04-01, 12:12 AM
I think I liked the chariot racing at Melbourne better! Does anyone know if it will be on again this year?:-)

Smithy (Guest)
12-04-01, 12:01 PM
I saw it the other night and thought that that it was OK, but the lungeing bit went on too long.

I thought that last years performance was a bit snappier.

Steve Brady in the Schmidt Pit was worth seeing.

Hendo (Guest)
12-04-01, 12:28 PM
I went to the Sydney Royal Easter Show yesterday, I had a great day and I stayed to watch the night show. While the Australian Federation theme sounded like a great idea, I felt that the night show lacked a bit of excitement and finesse.

Last years performance of the Man From Snowy River slotted in amongst other established acts was fantastic, but this year it was a bit flat.

What does everyone else think?

amazed (Guest)
15-04-01, 01:19 PM
Did anyone else wonder how the grey "stallion" was trained to gallop across the arena and out a specific exit?

I noticed in the dark that he was led in that exit and walked on the exact curve, he later galloped out on.

Concerned Stockman (Guest)
16-04-01, 12:43 PM
TMS misunderstood me. I meant the guy in the "Man from Snowy River" bit.

It sounds like the chariot racing at Melboourne was good. Maybe Sydney will do that next year.