PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Kym Durante

Little people (Guest)
12-04-01, 07:24 AM
Congratulations to Kym Durante for winning the big Turnout at sydney royal next stop the Garryowen?????

laura (Guest)
13-04-01, 02:03 PM
who were the other placegetters?

lalala (Guest)
13-04-01, 02:04 PM
yeah, well done kim, now what was that? I mean when was the turnout and how come it wasn't posted on the results for the website? What was the name of the turnout class? Does anyone know who won the open pony 13.2 hh to 14hh?

Poppy (Guest)
14-04-01, 04:18 AM
xplorer won the big big pony class.

dododo (Guest)
14-04-01, 10:57 AM
was he looking good with his new owners?

KB (Guest)
14-04-01, 01:44 PM
Well done Kym, I am sure it was thoroughly deserved. Perhaps your strapped (aka simon) should get a pat on the back also.
Oh, and by the way i haven't told anyone that rumour at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate H (Guest)
14-04-01, 02:12 PM
Kim Durante won the James Angus Memorial Turnout. There were 14 competitors turn up and she rode Hyde Park.
Xplorer looks wonderful...bright and keen and Sam Turk (the new owner) loves him to bits. She talks quietly to him all through the workout and he is thriving on it. Apparently he gets plenty of time out in the paddock, mustering or trail riding, well it suits him as he has regained his lovely attitude to the ring.
Royal Mile (Gerry & Telford) won the Pope and Lost Lady (Whelan Family & Gina Beck) won the Crane. Both were thoroughly deserving winners.
As expected Maree did her own thing and simply asked that horses produce a true 4 beat walk, 2 beat trot and 3 beat canter. She wanted them to work through the bridle and engage behind. (Her words to the Novice Classes). Best Novice Pony: Bamborough Candace; Novice Galloway: Silkwood Slip Stream and Novice Hack: Finest.

s'cuse me (Guest)
14-04-01, 02:25 PM
Xplorer had plenty of paddock time at his former home. He was also used by one child at one of the camps that I know of so it could have been more, and had a ball. Motored along behind the kid in the sack race. Hardly precious show pony stuff. Great the kid loves him. Great that he is going well but he was pretty well loved where he used to be.

Kate H (Guest)
14-04-01, 02:44 PM
That's great!!!
A pony should be loved and do normal things. Glad to hear that he was given a break. More of them should be.
He justs looked fabulous at the Riding Pony Pageant and now at Sydney and Sam is really enjoying him. Surely that is what showing is all about???

dododo (Guest)
15-04-01, 06:44 AM
great to see shes having fun, but a pony of that expense, mustering?

Kate H
15-04-01, 11:32 AM
Why not???
I am sure that his legs are protected and if it is what Sam wants to do, let her do it. The pony is reaping the benefits and Sam is ENJOYING her horse (regardless of the cost).
That is the important thing.

Carty (Guest)
15-04-01, 01:16 PM
Yes, good point, Kate H. and also, the pony is cleary winning. I would feel sorry for the poor horse is it was locked up 24 hrs a day 7 days a week in a stable. thats just cruel in my opinion.
Let the horses have at least SOME variety in their lives, not just moping around in circles all the time.

freddie (Guest)
16-04-01, 08:58 AM
It's great to see the new owner enjoying her horse and having success whilst doing that.But I know for a fact that captain was NEVER locked in a stable 24 hours a day. He lived in a paddock during the day and brought in to the stable at night. He also had many breaks.

mmmmm (Guest)
16-04-01, 10:20 AM
well you must know sam well then.

Julia (Guest)
16-04-01, 12:56 PM
That's totally true.. we were second in that sack race... he was in all the games and all the kids loved him to pieces.. he certainly wasn't a full time stables cotton wool pony.. in his paddock during the day and able to see everyone else.. gee I hate this he's much better off bit.. I hope his current owners think as much of him as his previous ones.