PDA

View Full Version : User Ids

imported_bill
13-04-01, 01:48 AM
We've worked out that the reason some people cannot register as a user under their preferred name, is because they've already "registered" under the previous version of the forum software.

The new version has a "profile" database for each user, but there was no profile for old users, hence while the name you've registered is "taken", its unusable because there is no profile for it.

The only way we can solve the problem is to dlete all the old user names and get you to register again. This should not affect people who have registered since we started the new version on Monday.

Does anyone have a problem with this?

ol'horsehead
13-04-01, 02:33 AM
So Bill, What's the blue head&shoulders icon next to some users?

Caroline (Guest)
13-04-01, 02:39 AM
it was doing weird things with me - it wouldn't recognise my email address (I was trying to get it to send me my password) but it kept saying there was no user with that email address...

yet...when i finally guessed my password...it had me registered to the email address that i had been trying to enter!
bizarre....

Looksthgoods (Guest)
13-04-01, 02:39 AM
No problem with that at all Bills, let us know when we can register!

Kate Taylor
13-04-01, 02:55 AM
User ids I have the same problem. However I was able to register under my full name perhaps as this was used recently to reply but not post a topic??? Is that right Bill?

Bill could you fix this for me and change this NAME to KATE.

Also to help with searches could topics be listed in uppercase only with no punctuation?

I like all the gyzmos Bill but its really slooowww. I have wasted a stack of time today and find it frustrating moving from page to page. I have a wiz bang computer so I hope its a problem in my area and not a general problem as others would be nearly dead waiting for pages to turn.

Sally B
13-04-01, 03:05 AM
ok...another question bill...looking at these little icons it seems you can send soemone a private message. i sent one to myself to check it out,like you do!...but I don't know where to go to read it!!! and also tha profile thingy...where do i do that???
and...yes, what is the little blue thingy???

Nez
13-04-01, 06:39 AM
If i'm not mistaken, the blue icon is meant to signify who the administrator of the site is....e.g. Bill should be the only one that has one.. I beleive there is a bug in the dcscripts system that is accidently giving blue icons where its not meant to!

micarter
13-04-01, 07:56 AM
If you go to the page that has the list of different forums: equestrian, racing etc. You will find an icon which says user. if you click on this you can change your profile etc. there is also an icon which says inbox. there is where you will find the message you sent yourself.! :-)

micarter
13-04-01, 07:59 AM
oh I just noticed there is a user icon at the top of the threads list too.

Lorraine (Guest)
13-04-01, 08:35 AM
Yeah, yeah, delete me! I wanna have a profile!