PDA

View Full Version : horse markets? (or doggers)

skymare
08-12-07, 01:02 PM
i'm trying to find out what horse markets are out there in sth east victoria. there used to be one in dandenong before it was demolished. i don't know of any others. i'd like to go have a look sometimes.
thanks.

pauper
08-12-07, 01:23 PM
Hi Skymare the only one out that way that i can think off is in Pakenham.
when were you thinking of going?
will go with you if you like, as i doubt you can catch public transport out there.
cheers Pauper

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

skymare
08-12-07, 01:33 PM
ahhh, we have a car now. though i have to wait a couple months to go for my license. nearly there. ;)
anyway, thanks. i forgot about paky. when is it on?

abacotb
08-12-07, 02:07 PM
do you mean, knackeys or sales where the are sold to the doggers?

abacotb
08-12-07, 04:17 PM
oops very bad spelling, i mean knackery.

alanja
08-12-07, 04:24 PM
Hi -- Cause of EI the Paky horse sales is no longer on.
They have combined a few and are now holding the horse sales in Mernda.
To find out when it is on look in the Trading post and the Weekly Times.
I think you just missed one -- was on tody (friday) but I think they are having a special chistmas pony sales on this Sunday.
The Mernda Horse sales is locted on Bridge Innes Rd
Good Luck!!!!

pauper
09-12-07, 12:54 AM
hi Alanja do they also have horse gear?
cheers Pauper

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

horseridingneiq
09-12-07, 03:26 AM
There is a pony sale at Mernda tomorrow (Sunday) and there will be gear there as well.
As for the normal sales that are held there they are every second friday starting at 10am.
They held 1 yesterday so you will all have to wait another fortnight to go spend up big,lol.
I try to go and buy stuff to sell on ebay but I keep buying stuff to keep. Got some lovely Good Hands gloves really cheap yesterday but TD has put them under the Xmas tree for herself,bugger.
I will never get rich this way!!!

skymare
09-12-07, 08:57 AM
thanks guys. i do remember seeing ads for sales in trading post a long time ago. i didn't think they still advertised there.