PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff on Horseless riders

catnipped
11-12-07, 02:20 AM
Hi all, I just don't have time to work my bloke at the moment and a teenager I know has offered to exercise him for me for pocket money. (she would do it for free but I want to give her something). The thing is, he can be a bit naughty when fresh and has been known to throw in the occasional buck. This girl is a very experienced and confident rider and I know she will handle him fine, but I started thinking that if she was thrown off and injured (God forbid) could I be held liable and, as I have a nasty feeling the answer is yes, is there any insurance that I could purchase that wouldn't cost more than the horse!

thth_28
11-12-07, 02:49 AM
I am unsure about the insurance side of things but when i was younger and used to work a ladies Polo horse's, i had to sign a waiver and so did my mum, stating that if i got injured at all, i/we wouldnt go back on the lady, in return she also signed stating that if her horse got injured i wasn't liable. I am unsure these days as to how that would hold up in the eye's of the law though..

Cheeky Chappers
11-12-07, 03:20 AM
I'd either make sure it was covered in your insurance or hers. If neither of you has insurance I'd get her to sign a waiver (witnessed by her parents).

CC

Jethros_my_boy
11-12-07, 04:30 AM
Get her to join E.F.A . She's fully covered then.

Bella
11-12-07, 05:03 AM
No waiver will stand up in court either, they are a complete waste of time, unless they person signing it thinks they do!
www.voltairepeformancehorses.page.tl