PDA

View Full Version : Saddle for TB

deborah
17-04-01, 02:14 AM
I need some advice on a suitable saddle for my thoroughbred. I have not had him very long and I am desperately trying to fatten him up. He was extremely neglected and is very underweight. He has a very high wither. I know I will probably have to wait a while to he puts on some weight, and builds some top line. But I thought I would just do some research. Also I would love to trace his history - the only thing I know are the brands a 1 over 2 and AD and apparently he was out of Kingston Rule. I have tried the Racing Forum but with know luck. Thanks.

PB (Guest)
17-04-01, 03:06 AM
Good luck with your new horse. We had the same problem with ours, he was a rescue job. Copra was excellent at fattening him up. Also gave him a while to recover before riding him. I have a Trainers Jessica dressage saddle which fits our horse well. He has high withers too and Wintecs even with the narrowest gullet just did not do the trick. You will probably have to invest in a half way decent saddle.
as for finding out who he is phone the Registrar of Racehorses. I got their number through the Australian Stud Book web site. I cannot remember their address but it is in the "other sites" at www.horsemagazine.com
Your horse was born in 92 (the 2 being on his right shoulder?) The Ad would be the stud he was bred at.

Ben (Guest)
17-04-01, 06:19 AM
The address for the Australian Stud Book is:
www.studbook.aust.com/ajcisb/default.htm

Deborah (Guest)
17-04-01, 08:00 AM
Yes, I checked the Stud Book and found that the only black/brown stallion born in 92 was called Harlequin. I'm not convinced this is the same horse as it was born in NSW and the breeders name- which I can't remember smith or something does not seem to correspond to the brand AD. thanks anyway.