PDA

View Full Version : Who has The Riding Tan??????? Silly

Kartika66
20-12-07, 10:50 PM
Own up, own up. Who has the dreaded Summer Riding Tan??? You know, really brown arms and neck and revolting lilly white-cause-they-don't-ever-see-sunlight-stuck-in-joddies-or-get-any-vitamin-D-legs???

Put all the horsey people together in a line, strip em down to their undies and I reckon we'd all look like a long line of piano keys. Lol...

Are you a Riding Tan member??? Let us all know....

mrsbean
21-12-07, 12:35 AM
Me Me Me! I went to a party the other night and realized my legs looked like they belonged to someone else...had to use half a can of bronzer to cover up the aenemic sunstarved legs.....

Piny_Pot
21-12-07, 12:45 AM
Oh yes thats me!

White white legs so pale they almost glow in the dark but tanned arms and neck. Lol

nushiek8
21-12-07, 12:47 AM
I used to hate that when i was riding. I ended up taking shorts with me when i rode so that once the riding was over and i had to spend time feeding, grooming and cleaning stables/paddocks i could wear shorts. Legs were still a different shade compared to my upper body but at least they didnt look like i had been dunked in a tub of cream.

LindaH
21-12-07, 01:10 AM
At least fully lilly white legs can be disguised with fake tan. My farmers tan (white T shirt and socks)can't be successfully covered with fake tan. The white sock marks are always there!

Mona
21-12-07, 01:29 AM
oh! oh! me! me! It's terrible!!! And with new years looming....

Reg
21-12-07, 01:39 AM
I have several tan lines....

There's the farmer one - singlet and shorts with boots, and yep, that sock line is very very hard to hide...

Then there the riding one - back of neck and arms to t-shirt line really brown...

And my poor legs have the wetsuit tan line this year...

So you can just imagine me.... white to just above the ankles... brown to a bit above the knee, then with several shades of brown across my arms and shoulders....

I think I will stick to wearing pants and sleeved shirts for going out this year....

Oh well....

Reg

Alpeony
21-12-07, 03:33 AM
I do as well.

The classic brown arms, face, neck and t-shirt neckline. The rest of me is lilly white except my feet which have weird white lines on them from wearing my sandals all day, every day (except when riding).
I reckon we all need to start riding in the nude, that would stop the ridiculous looking patchwork quilt effect :) :) :).

pauper
21-12-07, 03:54 AM
Ummmmmm Alpeony no!
tis hard to keep the bits from jiggling around, enough as it is LOL

my saving grace is broad shorts!
i'll wear them till the tan reaches my knees then slowly move onto smaller shorts till it all blends in.
but it needs to be done slowly as the "white light" effect can scare non horsey people hehehe

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k293/farmerlou2/Santa-06-june.gif

michellenorris
21-12-07, 04:01 AM
He he on a recent excursion and a cruise ship with my school you could pick out the horse riders! LOL! was so embarrassing i have like the most tanned arms ever! and worst of all GLOVE TAN.....

I'm just glad the guys in my year are still stuck on boobs and don't check out your whole body :9 don't you love 16 year olds.x(

http://i19.tinypic.com/7y65wth.jpg

Dragoness
21-12-07, 05:13 AM
After watching my uncle die a slow painful death from melanoma, I have no interest what so ever in being brown, I slather myself in sunblock, so Im white all over.

Cheers

pauper
21-12-07, 05:55 AM
Hi Dragoness sorry to hear about your Uncle :(!
my Dad had a melanoma cut out a while ago and its not pleasant.

i have found the best sunscreen is the cancer council one, it also contains fly and mosquito repellent!
but no matter how much i put on the sun still likes my skin,
after what happened to my Dad i just try to stay out of the midday sun, but unfortunately with work its not always possible :(

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k293/farmerlou2/Santa-06-june.gif

Nic
21-12-07, 08:20 AM
Well I am envious of all of you with riding tan lines!

We are still in lockdown and so havent ridden since the end of August. As a result we have no tan lines but I'd swap that in a minute flat to be able to go out for a ride :-(

cocomist
21-12-07, 08:54 AM
Yeh I have the "riding tan" although I have to say that now that I have got older I tend to wear a long sleeved cotton shirt while riding now.

Find that I can't stand the sun on my arms for too long, even with sunscreen on I feel like I'm getting burnt!!

Also used to sport the farmer, "white sock legs" when I was younger.

Carol
21-12-07, 09:21 AM
The only noticeable tan line I have is my "rocky raccoon" look. I always wear a hat and sunnies so I have a tan line around my eyes.

cheers - Carol

young horse
21-12-07, 09:54 AM
Haha Me me!! But I have really fair skin so I don't have a huge tan but it is still very noticable!
I went on a horsey bareback beach ride with school a year ago and I was in board shorts and then had my socks and Joddy boots.
Silly me. The next day I had brown outer legs, white inner legs and even whiter ankles and feet!!
Not a good look LOL

KelJ
21-12-07, 12:33 PM
Tanning baffles me. I don't like getting burnt so I generally use sunscreen on my arms, shoulders and neck yet they still go really brown in summer whilst my legs remain ghostly white even though I often wear shorts outside and never put sunscreen on my legs..? I can't figure it out!

Tara
21-12-07, 12:44 PM
i do, but i wear sunscreen and i still brown, however, i do need to get myself a decent hat otherwise i'll get cancer on my head. my mum laughs at my white legs, but my arms are brown!

i_love_royal
21-12-07, 01:10 PM
I guess that's the benefit of being extremely white as I am. I'm pretty sure my legs cannot tan, not that I ever give them a chance, but even if I did I'm sure they wouldn't. As for my arms.. same colour as the rest of me - WHITE. I think if I went to a nude beach (not that I ever would), I'd blend in with the sand and get stepped on.

OH but one year while on a summer riding camp I got burnt on my face - helmet tan!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/i_love_royal/MerryXmas.jpg
Please excuse the large signature photo until after Christmas :).

maureendaly
21-12-07, 01:14 PM
Hi all

OMG i have discovered the answer to all of you 'farmer tan' and 'rider tan' people.
I am a rider myself and spend about 4-5 days of solid riding (usually jumping), but still have the perfect brown legs.
My secret is 'dove summer tan' moisturiser and tanner. i just whack on a bit at night after shaving my legs (usually twice a week) and my legs are noticably different in the morning!
You can find it at coles or woolworths and i highly advise that you try it, it REALLY WORKS!!
:)

ceejay
22-12-07, 01:16 AM
I agree maureendaly.
I too use the Dove Summer Tam Moisturiser.
Its great. after I have a bath, I rub some on a couple of times aweek.
I hate wearing shorts with a nice top and you are lovely and tanned up top and ghost white legs below. This fixes the problem.

Happy Christmas to everyone and there four legged friends.

raffles101
24-12-07, 01:25 PM
OH ME ME!!!!!
I have white upper thighs and slightly darker lower legs but they are still white!. I have really dark arms. I was at my riding school camp this week and i have to dreaded t-shirt tan!!! I hate it!. Not cool!. I need to ride in a bikini or something to get a good tan. But then i might scare the horses!!!. I rode in short shorts (not trying to get a tan. But just trying to get a pony to go on the right canter lead.) the other day and i have so many bruises and marks from the saddle. I think i will never do that again!. So maybe i will just have a sunny christmas and sit in the sun and try and tan my legs!! Oh well......
x/X/xCaitiex/X/x
Rhino Rhino. Where you go, I go.(inside Joke!!)

sillyfilly84
25-12-07, 05:35 AM
always have had the white legs i get picked on so bad by my non horsey family and friends. but i start feeling better when i get to giggle at o/hs truckie tan (one arm darker then the other) he drives trucks

Cheeky Chappers
25-12-07, 05:58 AM
Being a sensible parent I have always ensured my kids were plastered in the highest factor sunscreen and they have kept up the tradition now that they are teenagers.

My youngest has type 1 diabetes and had a clinic check last week. The doctor noticed she was very pale and asked if she got any sun. When we said that she is always fully protected the doc commented that whilst this is sensible we also need to take into account that we get vitamin D from the sun and that there has been a dramatic increase in rickets in Australia!

shelbyparkstud
25-12-07, 11:03 AM
I also suffer the riding tan. I wear sun block but I guess I don't re-apply it often enough.

My legs are so white they cause snow blindness!

Shelly

horsey mum
26-12-07, 02:33 PM
girls, you're lucky we are not bald men, now that is a serious tan line, totally white head and half brown face, definitely need the sunnies then

Tramp_96
28-12-07, 08:18 AM
I get a riders tan & a workers tan.:P
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n251/tramp_96/gallery_105_192_49554.jpg
Stupid thing is I wear a hat & so much sunscreen its not funny.

pipcorn
28-12-07, 08:29 AM
I'm getting a horrible riding tan even though I drench myself in sunscreen - Never used to get it much because of a lovely big roof over the arena I used to ride in, but now no such luck! Roofless outdoor arena now - so I've got a sexy watch tan :P not cool! lol

raffles101
28-12-07, 08:45 AM
Very sexy pipcorn... I had one. But then i rode without a watch and it when away!!! yay!!.
x/X/xCaitiex/X/x
Rhino Rhino. Where you go, I go.(inside Joke!!)