PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Combos

Anna_TAS (Guest)
18-04-01, 06:09 AM
Hi I saw a post about the Rambo rug.
But I would like to hear any feed back on the Aspen combo.
I have just put one on lay-by, the main reason I got it was because of the high cut neck line as my mare has a high wither.

What is everyone else's experiences???????

Katrina (Guest)
18-04-01, 08:26 AM
Well, I might just have been unlucky, so don't take this for gospel, but I bought an Aspen rug last August for my new horse, by the end of the season it was ripped in half a dozen places, mostly along the stitching. He's very respectful of fences, and only paddocked with one other horse, so I'm not sure what's going on. I repaired it for this season, but although he's only had it on for a fortnight, it's already torn along the stitching in the front, the tail flap has ripped again, and one of the leg straps sort of shredded in the middle and snapped. And the handsome black quickly faded to brown. I don't think it's going to last a second six months, so I'll buy him a cheap canvas rug and see how that goes. I'm disappointed because it was a nice fit for a big horse with wide shoulders, and light to handle.

rappie (Guest)
18-04-01, 09:23 AM
i think maybe you were unlucky but who knows....the other horse in my paddock has an Aspen and she's had it for a couple of years and its fine. It has faded a bit but its all still fairly well intact :)