PDA

View Full Version : Guardians

Berni
05-01-08, 08:11 PM
I am in Seattle USA at the moment. My daughter Vikki is marrying Greg and I am here to represent her Aussie family. They will come to Australia later in the year to celebrate the occasions with her family and friends back home.

Vikki works at Microsoft and all I can say is wow to the size of the organisation (40,000 people here at head office)

We went to the gym used by the Microsoft people it was positively amazing. 3 pools, indoor basketball courts, 3 rooms of walking machines (probably about 100 of these, rowing machines, bicycles etc and all of the exercise junkies slavishly performing their workouts to keep the body beautiful. We did our 50 minutes and felt great for the effort.

I hope you enjoy this reflective piece, it meant a lot to me and has kicked off the start of the new year with a new perspective.

http://www.cyberhorse.net.au/cgi-bin/tve/displaynewsitem.pl?20080105guardians.txt

pauper
06-01-08, 12:16 AM
Hi Berni congratulations for your Daughter and future SIL on their wedding, hope they have a lifetime of happiness :)

That poem is so spot on!
i have a few lifetime friends that i like to call unpolished gems, they appear a bit rough around the edges,
but inside they are worth a million dollars :)

and thanks to CH i have had the opportunity to meet people,
that have gone from being internet buddies to friends i know i can count on in the good times and the bad :)
hope you have a wonderful visit and that 2008 gives you everything you hope for!
Hugs Pauper

P.S im not a exercise person (collecting the mail is my exercise LOL)so instead of a CH gym with walking machines, could we please have one that has lots of ponies in it hehehehe

**Pauper runs away before Berni can smack them for being cheeky**

See you got me exercising already LOL

JJ01
06-01-08, 12:25 AM
Hi Bernie

Thank you for that, it was beautiful and I have already "Paid it Forward".

I'm sure that 2008 will be a much better year for you & your family. Some years we just have to hang in there. Rest assured there are plenty of people "out here" who care and will help out if needed. That is one of the incredibly awesome things about CH.

JJ

Anubis
06-01-08, 12:59 AM
Congratulations Berni :)

Thanks for the piece and the poem...a good start to the new year

All the best

Anubis

pauper
06-01-08, 07:18 AM
Bumping cause im jealous, i want a holiday :)
dont want the exercise bit though :P