PDA

View Full Version : We've had the "horsey" mags, how about videos?

Kat
19-04-01, 07:13 AM
How about we all mention our favourite "horsey" videos? Name your favourite movies, instructional videos, whatever - its just gotta involve our equine friends!

Mills (Guest)
19-04-01, 07:15 AM
OK - this is really pathetic, but I still bawl my eyes out everytime I see Black Beauty (the newish one with that georgeous QH in it). Oh and of course The Black Stallion! Love the beach scenes.

Autumn
19-04-01, 07:24 AM
The best one I like is 'A Fair Go For Your Foal' by Neil Davies - its gotta be one of the most sensible things Ive seen.

Ive also got 'Improve Your Dressage Test' by Dane Rawlings, the olympic 3 day event and dressage tapes, a Maria Gunter dressage tape and some copied Parelli tapes - which I dont watch LOLOLOL

Dont start a thread on books - Ive got hundreds. LOLOL
A.

Spider
19-04-01, 07:31 AM
Some of my favourite horsey videos/movies are: International Velvet (hands up who cried when Sarah is given Arizona Pie and she runs to the paddock, crying "the foal, the foal")...The Black Stallion...The Sydney 2000 Olympics series....plus the other day at the video shop I picked up a video simply titled "Dressage" - the vid features interviews and footage with Anne Grethe-Jensen & Marzog, Reiner Klimke & Ahlerich and Christopher Bartle & Wily Trout to name some!

As a child, I remember seeing a horsey video called "Blue Fire Lady", and there is another movie which I don't know the name of, but features the girl who starred in "Little House on the Prairie" as a western-turned-dressage rider!

Oh, and I guess I have to mention The Horse Whisperer.

Autumn
19-04-01, 07:34 AM
Yes I remember that one to, the video was called 'Sylvester' and she always tried to jump and fell off. I also remember 'Blue Fire Lady' it was an Aussie production with Mark Holden !!!
A.

Spider
19-04-01, 07:41 AM
Thanks Autumn, I was trying to remember the name of the "Sylvester" video!

Thinking about all the horsey videos takes me back to having horsey slumber parties as a child, complete with pony rides in the back yard! Ah memories :-)

rubiton (Guest)
19-04-01, 11:18 AM
That newish Black Beauty (with QH) is so sad. It was on easter a year ago and it has just stuck in the mind since then and how they made the horse look so thin at the saleyard (if anyone know how they did that whether it was thru trick camerawork soemthing).

I also recently saw a tv movie about a family who got hold of a 'no good colt' and turned him into a champ (though sometimes you wonder where the racing stewards are in these movies!) but I missed the final couple of minutes. The horse was a chestnut I think and got hurt in his final and biggest win.

For non fiction if anyone ever wants to learn about racing champions get 'The King and The Man' about two of the best racehorses in the last 25 years Kingston Town and Manikato.

fibee (Guest)
19-04-01, 12:40 PM
Oooh, Blue Fire Lady, I have very vague memories of it. Actually I can't even remember what it was about but i remember crying!!
Fi

lauren
19-04-01, 01:27 PM
my favorite would have to be "THRILLS AND SPILLS". it is so fuunny watching jockey trying to stay on. also the courage that Mark Todd had to ride with 1 sttipup. its a great video every horsy or non horsy preson should see. its a good 45mins og laugh

micarter
19-04-01, 01:34 PM
I forget what it is called but it's Reiner Klimke starting with young horses and working up to Advanced I think it was. This used to be my video version of the bible a few years ago. Love it! Don't own my own copy unfortunately but I used to take it out of the TAFE library every week for six months.

Amber (Guest)
19-04-01, 04:06 PM
Without a doubt Danny.. it's about a girl who rides a little grey showjumping pony called Danny. Fantastic movie :)

Laura (Guest)
19-04-01, 04:42 PM
I think it's called "Champions" with John Hurt - where the jockey has cancer and the horse breaks down...and they come bcak and win the Grand National...and I cried and cried and cried. :)

(I think it was a true story.)