PDA

View Full Version : How much should I look at paying

poss
19-04-01, 10:55 AM
I am in the market for a new partner(horse that is) after a long break due to illness. I need to get a horse that will allow me to regain my confidence and at the same time get back into a little competition work. But what should I realistically look at paying??? Its been nearly 10 years since I last bought a horse so I am not quite sure what I should be setting my budget at.. Anyone with any advice I would love to hear from you..
Cheers Poss

me and me (Guest)
19-04-01, 01:06 PM
It all depends on their age really. The older they are, the less money they're worth. I've got what sounds like the perfect horse for you, pity he cut his leg yesterday!
It's too hard to say, let us know about the age and a bit more specification on what your after and i'll give you my price! :-)

Jane (Guest)
20-04-01, 03:39 AM
A friend of mine who sounds just like you recently bought a horse for $5k. He was no world beater but was competing regularly successfully, is quiet and well-educated.
It depends what you have to spend - unless you have unlimited moeny there's always compromises involved in buying a horse but I would think you should be able to find something similar to my friends horse.