PDA

View Full Version : Had to tell someone!

Glenda_
20-01-08, 02:23 PM
I just bought a new house! Nope, I have not read nor fully understand the shennanigans that have happened here.. had nothing to do with it and cant wait till its over.
My offer was accepted thru the agent at her sisters party (21st i think) about an hour ago and my immediate reaction was to start scrubbing walls!
Spankin new, huge house with 10 acres of volcanic rock to be cleared, and trees and sheds and a dog run for nanny, a pretty but empty dam and miles of fence to repair!!!! Yaaaaaay!

Anyone looking for a 3 br on 1 acre?

athena
20-01-08, 02:25 PM
Congratulations Glenda!!

Suzie Q
20-01-08, 02:32 PM
Congratulations Glenda. On 10 acres you should be able to get away from hubby's mum if she ever turns up again!

pauper
20-01-08, 03:07 PM
Hi Glenda that is fantastic news :D
i hope you have many enjoyable years living there and dont get to many visits from the MIL.
Cheers Pauper

The truth always wins in the end!

macrannoch
20-01-08, 03:58 PM
Well Done.

I would love ten acres, the only thing I dont envy you of, is the packing and un-packing. Look forward to the picks when you have moved in.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/macrannoch/Glitter-Macrannoch1.gif
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ What we learn to do, we learn by doing ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

dragonlady
21-01-08, 01:24 AM
congratulations. i understand wanting to tell someone as we settled our new property last friday and i was feeling the same way.

lol, i've escaped the packing and unpacking this time due to my health problems. the removalist is doing it all.

i can hardly wait to have some facilities for the horses again and not be dependant on other peoples' land. oh, and a cow and calf, chookies, no close neighbours, clean country air........

ally2
21-01-08, 01:48 AM
that's great Glenda - bet you can hardly wait to move in even if there is a bit of work beforehand - & you could always get MIL out into the paddocks clearing the rocks if she should turn up!}> hope the dam fills up for you soon there a few on here that would gladly share their rainfall ATM

gypsy_dreamer
21-01-08, 01:58 AM
Woohoo, congratulations. Must have photo when you get there.

My suggestion: build a bunker that no-one knows about, stock it well and waalaa you own perfect hidey hole. LOL.

opensky
21-01-08, 02:14 AM
That is SO exciting Glenda! Congratulations! You must be so thrilled. Love Ally's suggestion about your MIL clearing rocks for you. I have another suggestion to add to that! You get MIL onto rock collecting and then you stand as the target (with riot shield, helmet etc of course in case!) and you'd probably get your rocks heaped up in no time! :) Regards!

frogfriday
21-01-08, 02:18 AM
Congratulations, Glenda! that is very exciting.

Volcanic rocks are great for stone walls... ;-)

Cheers

mayville lodge
21-01-08, 04:05 AM
A friend of mine moved on to a property with rocks everywhere and she shifted them all and made fantastic raised garden beds and rock walls.
The place is a real picture now and all it took was LOTS of hard work. Good luck with the moving.

yaears
21-01-08, 05:11 AM
Congrats-Its great fun starting a new plan and 10 acres is enough to do lots with & rocks eventually can become walls and gardens.We just used up heaps making a rock retaining wall and planted it up.