PDA

View Full Version : A distraction from whatever.....

woznme
22-01-08, 03:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJFJWx-5mwM

Centaur
22-01-08, 04:01 AM
I've gotta say, you're brilliant at these things woz! Well done. I must say it made me feel a whole lot better about my decision to give up eventing though!

"Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say"

skymare
22-01-08, 04:31 AM
damn, those are some colossal falls. ouch!

Prancing Pony
22-01-08, 05:11 AM
Woznme I'm sure it's illegal for you to film me without my permission....well OK it should be LOL!!

Prancing Pony
22-01-08, 05:12 AM
Oh and is it just me or did that make anyone else's butt hurt too?

Satine
22-01-08, 08:34 AM
Prancing Pony, didn't make my butt hurt but it made me cringe at how sore some of those horses legs would have been.

i_love_royal
22-01-08, 02:32 PM
Yeah poor steeds :(.

Some of those riders did excellent jobs staying on though.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/i_love_royal/NillaSmallerSharpened.jpg

Dare - dare to keep all your love alive
Dare to be all you can be
Dare - 'cause there is a place where dreams survive
And it's calling you on to victory

woznme
23-01-08, 09:13 AM
>Woznme I'm sure it's illegal for you to film me without my
>permission....well OK it should be LOL!!

:) Well no it is not actually if you are at a public competition. If anyone who features has grievance I would gladly remove the footage they are on, though I feature in it both falling and refusing several times! It is meant all in good fun nothing personal and was used to excite people and have them spend up big in the name of a worthy cause.
The disclaimer at the beginning reads that no rider or horse was seriously hurt and I go to great pains in my video editing to make sure no fall where either horse or rider are seriously injured is used so any people concerned can relax and enjoy the clip. If it affronts anyone again it is not my intention as I said it was made for a very worthy cause and helped a great person out who needs that help.

Shorty
23-01-08, 09:27 AM
That was brilliant! Especially loved the rider on the grey at the end who was determined to hang on, but eventually gave up and let go.

Prancing Pony
24-01-08, 05:01 AM
Sorry Woznme I thought the thing was great, was just making a joke as that rearing horse looked much like what one of mine used to do!! That's why I put LOL at the end!! Hope that clears it up 4 u, thanx for posting the link btw.

violetsmum
24-01-08, 06:02 AM
I remember this video. Makes you laugh and cringe at the same time.

Nice editing Peter!

One thing though, having that many videos of stumbles cross country makes you rethink xc training. Lots of stumbles looked courtesy of tired horses and riders.

Still, it does capture the essence of riding - we're all bloody addicated arent we? ROFL

mindari
24-01-08, 08:03 AM
absoulutely brilliant video.

my gasps and screams brought daughter to find out what was wrong with parent.

now my little secret is out. yep i gasped and screamed as daughter went round too be it hacking, dressage, jumping or cross country.

lets face it. once youve ridden this stuff hands up anyone who doesnt find themselves riding every stride?

that dressage rodeo was amazing looks like some dressage riders could transition to rodeo very well!

woznme
24-01-08, 08:53 AM
>Sorry Woznme I thought the thing was great, was just making
>a joke as that rearing horse looked much like what one of
>mine used to do!! That's why I put LOL at the end!! Hope
>that clears it up 4 u, thanx for posting the link btw.

No problems :)
Not being defensive I just do not want to offend anyone as the video is meant to be fun.
Here try another I did as a promotional dvd for Sydney International Eventing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIYhTyut8eE