PDA

View Full Version : Fun Trail rides.

skymare
22-01-08, 12:04 PM
I was wondering what fun trail rides are held each year. are they charity events or social events or what's the go? and where are they located; specifically are there any in sth east victoria. thanks.

Suzie Q
22-01-08, 12:07 PM
I know Beaudesert has one in line with the horse festival week. Rosco would know more about it, I think she rode in the last one.

opensky
22-01-08, 12:11 PM
skymare, here's the Melbourne Trail Horse Riders site. Had a friend many years ago who was heavily involved with them, and went on lots of their rides. She said they were great. Might be worth an enquiry?
Have a browse anyway!
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~mthrc/

spana22
22-01-08, 01:12 PM
Hi Skymare,
Bahmah Muster(near Echuca)is on each year usually in April. Its a great weekend. Its a chance for us city folk to muster some cattle. Camping is free, you take your own horse and they have a trail ride on the Saturday and they muster the cattle on the Sunday. Not sure if the mustering side will be on this year as the cattle were forced out of the forest last year. Its all free except the entertainment on the Saturday night if you want to go. We are usually to tired from riding and just hang out around the campfire.

It may be a bit far for you (probably about 4hrs) but if you are interested I can get you some more details.