PDA

View Full Version : BILL, good-bye

RonOldenbeuving
23-01-08, 02:45 AM
Plese delete my user profile from these forums. I am not going to stay here and allow you to use me to bloat your already over-inflated user numbers. Tell the members how many of this supposed 7,000 members have actually been active in the last 12 months?

To my friends who have chosen to stay, good-bye and thank-you.

Jo_Mig
23-01-08, 03:31 AM
Ron you have a lot of knowledge that your happy to share with everyone and your such a nice person, your going to missed greatly.

Delete my profile as well. I am sick of all the crap. I will go somewhere else I can post pictures and "glitzy" banners without being insulted.

Cheers
Jo

Satine
23-01-08, 05:52 AM
You can delete mine as well, I have had enough of pauperhorse and some of the half baked lunatics that frequent this site.

I know there are still some great people here but the wallies out weigh them.

LisaL
23-01-08, 07:34 AM
oh for f*cks sake posers. if you don't want to be part of this forum, all you have to do is go into your saved favourites file and delete the link.

This posing and grandstanding and everything in the other six threads - y'know, I couldn't care whether Bill deletes you or not. i assume he's got better things to do than pander to your grandstanding.

But adults. In the real world? They may try a forum out for a while, and if they get bored or whatever, they just delete the link and don't go back for a while - if ever. They don't run around like silly little teenagers (sorry to insult the intelligent teenagers out there) and grandstand that they want to be deleted.

So, yep. You lot. leave. you won't be missed.

now - back to the horsey posts.

Kartika66
23-01-08, 08:49 AM
Am I a Wally??

LC
23-01-08, 08:50 AM
I agree, if you dont want to come back, then dont.. end of story

gg_vice
23-01-08, 08:58 AM
I think it is everyones right that should they wish to NOT belong to a forum, they can have their membership removed. Remember, people put details and personal information on this site. They should have the right to have this removed.

puddles
23-01-08, 09:01 AM
gg_vice, this is fair enough, but I think what people are getting at, is why do they have to publically announce it? Why can't they just PM Bill and ask to be removed? Do people honestly think most people care? I think that most of the 7000+ users would not! Yes they have a right to be removed, I'm not debating this, what I am getting at, is why make a big deal about it and let everyone know??

gg_vice
23-01-08, 09:04 AM
Because, I know of several people who have continually asked to have their profiles remove , no, actually insisted that they be removed.
Bill will not do this. I think this is very wrong.

abacotb
23-01-08, 09:15 AM
If people chose to want to be deleted publicly- thats there choice.
7000+? How many actually post?
B1 & B2 - Bill & Bernie please delete me completely from this forum as well, that is remove all my details, I don't want to be included in your over inflated 7000+.

jamie
23-01-08, 09:40 AM
Just wondering, if you all want to have your info deleted so much, why wait for B and B to do it? Why not just quietly delete all that you can on your user profiles and details, change your email address to an irrelevant one and your username to something that makes your feelings clear, or, say, a 'banned' word that won't show up at all (someone could use g e s s, I know that'll do the trick ;-)), because then you won't need to have your current usernames showing here, you won't need to receive Cyberhorse emails, nobody will know who the 'username' is because the profile info will be gone, and you won't need to wait on B and B doing it all for you?

And, about the fact the membership numbers will still remain the same? Well does anyone actually pay any attention to those numbers anyway? I know I don't. When I go to a forum I look at the number of posts, the number of recent posts and the subject matter of the posts, and then I decide based on that if the forum is worth following/joining or not. Who cares what the actual number of members is, it doesn't make the forum any more/less interesting? All these posts just to say goodbye to B and B seem like a whole lot of unnecessary energy to me, doesn't it to any of you???

Kelly.

BarebackGirl
23-01-08, 10:11 AM
What a stupid thing to say "why are you doing this?" "why do you have to ask publicly?" blah blah blah -

They are doing it publicly and not just crawling away in the night because they are proving a POINT. That being, that Bill and co. have and will continue to lose forumites over their disgusing references to us, and the way certain people have been treated. That's why; and I'm sure it was already obvious.
If you don't like what people post just use the back button, no need to bash the choices they've made. Anyone who couldn't see in this case that asking publicly to be removed was making a STAND, well, there are many OPSM locations all over Australia.

skymare
23-01-08, 11:05 AM
*waves* bye y'all. don't look back now. :)

jamie
23-01-08, 11:15 AM
Aah, so this is kind of like when people took a stand to have slavery abbollished, when they took a stand to stop the slaughter of fur seals, to stop victims of aids being discriminated against, to give women the right to vote, etc, etc? You're all here rising up to dispute Bernie and Bill's right to ask someone they felt was behaving inappropriately (for whatever reason) to leave THEIR business, AND NOW the right to publicly demand your names be removed from a forum, rather than to privately request it or remove your names yourselves?

I've read each of Bernie and Bill's response posts since all of this has been going on and while Bernie has been polite 'above and beyond' in pretty well each and every one of her posts Bill has at times been quite rude in some of his. Now I normally hate it when people are that way, but in this case I have a hard time blaming him. I mean, over the past week some utter dufus has posted a video of a woman shi***** on one thread, the (privately owned) forum has been constantly inundated with WE LOVE SIMI propaganda, there've been references to things like 'blackmail' on Pauper's part leading up to Simi being banned, and that's just the tip of the iceberg!!!

This is not a 'public place' where protest is tolerated to a certain point (and good thing, too, because if it was your a**es would have most likely all been hauled off to jail for disturbing the peace by now), this is a business belonging to two private citizens. Is it your belief that the two private citizens who OWN this forum (Bernie and Bill) have no rights to choose who can and cannot be a part of their own business, which is, let's face it, kind of like saying someone doesn't have the right to choose who can and cannot enter their own home? I mean, just for a moment let's forget the fact that Simi WAS using this forum to advertise and arguably canvas for her own (Which is frowned on in any business. I mean, we make furniture for a living and I sure as hell don't go around dropping in to Harvey Norman to hand out pamphlets!!!) , but as I said, let's forget that aspect for just a minute. Simple qiestion, what if it were your forum and Simi were someone you wanted to remove from it for reasons you felt were valid, would YOU feel you had the right to do it then???

I have to tell you, to those people standing on the sidelines reluctantly watching all of this, it probably bears little resemblance to a group of people fighting side by side for a valid cause and making a STAND, it probably looks like little more than a mass tantrum!!!

Kelly.

Sunspot_5
23-01-08, 11:21 AM
Kelly

Bill intended the forum to be self-regulating, so thats what we are used to.

jamie
23-01-08, 11:27 AM
Yeah sure, and I intend my kids to have freedom of choice too, but I stop short of letting them burn the house down, just the same!!!

puddles
23-01-08, 02:42 PM
Haha Kelly,
I love the way you put things! It seems to be the only truth around here at the moment!!

elektra
24-01-08, 12:15 AM
Privately owned forums are self-regulating. This forum is not.

If it was a private forum Only bill, bernie and their select people could use it. That is not the case. Anyone with an email can open and account. Therefore there should be some decorum by the owners to regulate fairly. If B1 and B2 are too busy, atleast assign someone the moderating controls to make this forum a better place.

jamie
24-01-08, 01:00 AM
Elektre, for heaven's sake enough already, you can't possibly be this naive? PRIVATELY OWNED forums are WHATEVER each particular FORUM OWNER chooses for them to be, as long as it's within the confines of the law. This forum is owned by TWO people, Bill and Bernie, it's not a publicly owned company with all of us as voting shareholders, it's just a 'vehicle of communication' which we're offered the PRIVELEGE of FREE use of in accordance with the rules dictated by it's owners, regardless of whatever rules they may be (as long as those rules are, as I said before, within the confines of the law).

I DO NOT agree with every thing B and B say, I do not agree personally with every rule they make, and I'm sure that applies to everybody else here too. But it's not my backyard I'm playing in here, and it's not your backyard or Simi's, it's B and B's backyard, so while I'm sure it's perfectly appropriate for us as guests in B and B's 'backyard' to ask them questions and to (respectfully and politely) let them know if we happen to disagree with a decision they've made in THEIR 'backyard', that's pretty much where perfectly appropriate ends. Beyond that point, if we're not happy with the way things are in B and B's 'backyard', the appropriate action for us to take is to go and play elsewhere.

So when the events of the past week crossed the line from being 'appropriate behaviour' to being a mass of abuse, accusations and general disrespect toward the owners of this board, those who crossed that line became the 'bad guys' in all of this, regardless of how 'honourable' their original intentions were. Surely it's about time people figure this stuff out?

Kelly.

bindi123
24-01-08, 03:00 AM
Here here Kelly!

All this crap sounds like immature girls who put on a tantrum when asked to go to bed!

If they're happy at the other place, why not stay there.

If they were my kids my hand would be meeting their backsides quick smart!

Go to bed kids.

Bindi

LisaL
24-01-08, 03:01 AM
a couple of posers bashing the forum owners by grandstanding has NOTHING to do with slavery movements.

gawd, the idjit that made that analogy, can you go read something other than fashion magazines? grow a bit of social awareness?

honestly, you CAN send a private message or email to the forum administrators. If you really cared that much about having an deregister option you COULD have privately sent a pm or email to the administrators.

But no, you lot want to carry on like spoiled children and have your five minutes in the sun. Unfortunately by replying to this post I am aiding your grandstanding, but I do feel that you are ruining a perfectly good forum.

So, please, go away. Go away quietly. Go away quickly. Stop grandstanding. Allow the rest of us to enjoy a forum that talks about our favourite subject - horsies.

And why I'm on my anti adults carrying on like children and grandstanding, remind me to send a private email to the moderators asking for the ability to do those stupid large childish banners to be turned off. Every time I see a huge banner with some sort of decoration that I'd expect in a year 6 girl's school book, I just want to cringe:-) plus they take up far too much screen room.

DO
24-01-08, 03:02 AM
And the ones throwing the tanties all have the URL for beloved forum on all their messages.

puddles
24-01-08, 03:11 AM
Hey,
I think the comparison to standing up for things (eg slavery) had a hint of sarcasm in there!
Do these people posting all of the derogatory remarks think that they can some back to this forum in a few weeks when this has hopefully all passed and be all rosy again? I think that everyone will remember their comments and not bother with them if and when they do return, I know I wont be....

jamie
24-01-08, 04:06 AM
psst, LisaL, I was being sarcastic about the "slavery" comparison, truly, my whole point was really just how trivial the whole 'issue' being 'fought' for actually is in the big scheme of things! That's the downside when I can't seem to find the right emoticon for a particular comment, I guess, the risk of what I've said being taken seriously, but I was only kidding, honestly!!! :-)
Kelly.

lea_owens
24-01-08, 04:34 AM
I saw your tongue firmly in your cheek, Kelly, when you did the slavery comparison - knew you were kidding and was amused by it. Sometimes it IS difficult to know what emotions or thoughts or intentions are behind written words, but I have enough respect for your intellect to realise you were being sarcastic... hmm, an emoticon for sarcasm...that's difficult because the wry raised brow and half wink with a slightly amused twitch at the lips doesn't translate all that well into a circle with dots for eyes and a line for a mouth.

Leanne O.