PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Mobile - How To Text?

gdh
23-01-08, 12:21 PM
We've just got a new 'phone & the instructions are about as clear as all techie ones these days!
We're trying to put names to nos. but when you press for a letter, a no. comes up!!I know it'll be soooo simple when explained but presently going mad with frustration! There a section where it shows which 'type' of text you can use but we can't even get to that screen :-( Would really love some assistance!!!!

Glenda_
23-01-08, 12:25 PM
Find a teenager! the 'cooler' the better. They have a knack for all things that go beep and will sort you out in 5 mins flat without opening the manual... or il eat my grubby old hat!

gdh
23-01-08, 12:37 PM
Dammit, knew there was a reason I should've had at least one, 2 legged kid & there are none handy to us!!!

emmebeats
23-01-08, 12:45 PM
Don't know if this will work but try clicking or double clicking the * of # button

If this does not work (and if you havn't already tried)
go to address book and type in the name to number

Again if necessary if the numbers are on your phone but with0out names to them click on the number and an 'edit' option may be state
'add to contact' by which you SHOULD be able to type in name

or paste the number onto homepage and hit 'save to contacts'

Hope these help, they may not so soz if they don't, bit hard without seeing phone, otherwise would be piece of cake :)

Goodluck

*emme_beats*

gdh
23-01-08, 01:39 PM
Thanks for trying emme but for some reason (us!!) when we try to text using the number=letters method, only numbers come up. The manual suggests 3 diff ways to text but doesn't show how to set up the one you want or, know how, to use.

ceejay
23-01-08, 02:30 PM
I have a V3x Motorola,
To change from letters to numbers or back again, I have to push the hash key at bottom righthand corner.Then on top lefthand corner it will either show 123 or abc.
Just keeping playing as thats the only way to learn with these things. Or has emmebeats said get a kid to help. I have none myself,but plenty of neices and nephews who can help.
Good Luck!!!!

gdh
24-01-08, 06:39 AM
He took the 'phone to work today & apparently what you've just suggested, has worked so thanks to all of you & as usual, it was worth a post!!

Anarabis
26-01-08, 02:44 PM
i have a motorola and of all the mobile phones ive had i hate it the most.. its the hardest to operate and is not a rational thing at all... it afords me much frustration and makes me use bad words.. the prob i have is that i have a pic i took on mine and i want to put it onto my pc but have no way of doing that.. any sugestions would be great...
and while im at it i cant seem to work cyberhorse at the mo.. all the posts are not in order of posting but are all over the place.. is it me or is it like that for everyone..
its ok if i go into the racing forum, but not ok here ...

bugger

raffles101
26-01-08, 03:05 PM
My first phone was a motorola...... will never go back there again.... i like the Nokia's.... Must better. I would have suggested that... Plus im a teenager... i can work these things when no one else can!!!.... So cool. Love it.
x/X/xCaitiex/X/x
Rhino Rhino. Where you go, I go.(inside Joke!!)

gdh
27-01-08, 02:51 PM
Thanks raffles but at least we can SEE the numbers on the Motorola whereas the Nokia was very much a guessing game :D Actually, we find it far more user friendly.

raffles101
27-01-08, 02:56 PM
haha gdh.... I like my nokia.... Kartika66 gave it to me... Blind old people.... hehe
x/X/xCaitiex/X/x
Rhino Rhino. Where you go, I go.(inside Joke!!)

pauper
27-01-08, 03:07 PM
PFFFT You young uns think you know everything ;-)
well ok when it comes to mobiles you do :7

but can someone please answer me this! what does this new network thingy mean?
does it mean my mobile wont work anymore? i have a very basic mobile
dont need anything more and i dont really want to spend money getting a new one! but will i have to :(
thanks Pauper

gdh
28-01-08, 05:07 AM
CDMA is what most/many (?) country ppl run their 'phones on but for whatever reasons, Telstra decided to disband it mid Jan. However, my vet told me they've backdated for a couple of mths - check the T website for details. The alternatives are either 3G or GSM & as we use a phone for calls only, the latter is the cheaper alternative. I think if you live in the middle of the outback you need satellite & that's big $$$, to me anyway. Ours is working fine so far.