PDA

View Full Version : NH- Boxer needs a new home(tears!)

eventa
24-01-08, 04:34 AM
My beautiful boxer girl needs a new home, ive been putting it off for months, but the 80 year old grandparents arent the "ideal" owners for boxer, so she has to go. Seline is 1 and a half years old, great with kids, never heard her bark before! :)

If anyone has an ideal home in mind, could you please PM me. I am in NSW, she is a purebred, her dad has papers but her mother did not, she is undesexed, but i dont want her going to a backyard breeder, so these people need not apply!

Hope this isnt considered as an ad, its obviously not for a horse and is quite urgent she find a home asap.

Thank you

BarebackGirl
24-01-08, 04:44 AM
You could try Boxer Rescue, any proper rescue never says no to a dog.

BOXER RESCUE
Allison Dane
The Oaks
Ph: 0438 002040 or 02 4657 2997
Email: allelec@tpg.com.au

BOXER RESCUE
Jessica
Sydney
Ph: 0409 223 332 Email:jessosboxers@optusnet.com.au
View dog list. www.freewebs.com/jessosboxers

Or try the all breed rescues in your area. Goodluck!

eventa
24-01-08, 04:49 AM
Yeah not too keen on an oragnisation like that, id rather know where she is going and meet the people etc..

Thanks anyhow

LindaH
24-01-08, 05:01 AM
Hi Eventa, where in NSW are you? I love boxers, my friend has one and she said if anything happens to her I am to be Minti's adopted family!

PM me if you like. I am in NW NSW but will be travelling to the Hunter valley this weekend. We live on 30 acres with a dam and a creek, have horses and 2 other dogs (a very old border collie cross and a 1yo staffie). Both desexed :D.
I have 2 children, aged 6 and 4. They love playing vith my friend's boxer. Is yours OK with children? What colour is she?

LindaH
24-01-08, 05:03 AM
Oops, just re-read your post and saw that Celine likes children.

eventa
24-01-08, 05:52 AM
Pm'd you LindaH

Forgot to mention she is brindle, with 3 white legs and a white chest:)

BarebackGirl
24-01-08, 06:12 AM
No worries, but when you say an "Yeah not too keen on an oragnisation like that" I just want to let you and anyone else reading know that these rescue type people are literally crazy over dogs and take better care placing them then 99% of people who want to get rid of their dogs - not saying you eventa - this is just a general education for everyone.

A good rescue - and not all of them are - you have to check them out very carefully yourself before placing your dog with them - vaccinate, worm, flea treat and very very importantly - DESEX all dogs, then they keep the dogs in foster carers homes, never in kennels. They introduce them to other pets, dogs, cats, kids etc - then - put them up for adoption only when they can confidently speak about the dog.

They screen people exceoptionally carefully - I know people who have been knocked back from adopting for mentioning things like they "might" move house in a couple of years, have kids, or get promoted in thier jobs. They offer a 100% money back guarantee within a fortnight, and will take the dog back for the rest of it's natural life after that (no refund given).
I know a lot of people like to "see who the dogs goes to" and they provide that service too - updates and swapping phone numbers etc, if so requested. Basically they have years of experience in placing animals and are extremely good at what they do. Particularly at weeding out the crazies and fly by nighters.

No worries it might not be what eventa wants, but to you all - the above is the way a good rescue is run, they are a very good and safe place to give a dog to or adopt from if you don't have the time, experience or inclination to thoroughly screen people yourself or if it's urgent to rehome. Cheers.

Jules P
24-01-08, 08:33 AM
I imagine the rescue people are not terribly fond of people like you either but they will shallow their distaste for the sake of the doggie.

eventa
24-01-08, 08:36 AM
I really dislike forums for this exact reason, Jules P, i am entitled to my own opinion and will do what makes me feel best about the very hard decision i have had to make. I meant nothing against rescue centers, she doesnt need rescuing, i would like to find a home for her myself and have done so!

so thankyou for your useless and sarcastic post.

Elli
24-01-08, 09:48 AM
There are a million different reasons for needing to rehome an animal & it can be a heartbreaking decision when made for the right reasons ie, the physical & psychological welfare of the animal.

So who are you to judge?

I hope Miss Boxer finds a lovely home, I ADORE boxers & would have put my hand up myself except I already have 2 dogs & 2 cats in a rented house!

Encore
24-01-08, 11:40 AM
Jules P, I don't usually comment at nasties, but the fact that Eventa is scouting for a home for her dog, and hasn't obviously "dumped" her or turned her over to the RSPCA or a place that does not have a "no kill" policy makes her a pretty responsible person in my books. I found your comment extremely rude.

To eventa, good luck finding your dog a new home, I am sure that you will be able to, and asking here is a great start. Don't listen to rude people, and try not to take it to heart.

ALHannah
24-01-08, 12:17 PM
Eventa,
I have sent you a PM.....
A.

BooBoo
25-01-08, 04:08 AM
HI Eventa, I sent you a PM yesterday. Well I think I did anyway...lol.

Boo