PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Tamworth?

Nuts
25-01-08, 12:12 AM
Off to Tamworth tomorrow, for a weekend of beer! Anyone else going?

(For those who have never been - it's not all country music)!!

Janie
25-01-08, 02:15 AM
I live here. I have had more late nights recently than is good for a woman.

If you are interested in the music, I recommend The Basics (has the guy from GOTYE in it) - they are at the Longyard. Also Andrew Clermont's Supper Club - great selection of diverse music, including performers from south west Virginia. And The Flood are playing at the Family. Saw them last night and they were good.
:)

Piny_Pot
25-01-08, 02:28 AM
I've never been :( I really want to though.

My brother and me were talking about going this year but he was transfered to NT so he couldnt go.

I will one day though maybe next year.

kelli
25-01-08, 04:49 AM
i live at gunnedah so i am nice and close, i went last weekend in the rain , glad the rain has gone for now thou, will probably go back over this coming weeekend,its not the same without the horses

OakyPoke
25-01-08, 05:47 AM
Yep we are going!! Leaveing very early Sat AM.

You guys have to check out my brother up there!!! He's a professional muso and at the moment is playing loads of gigs - I cant keep up with all of them but I can guarantee he will be playing for Jayne Denham (the 'Chick Ute' girl) every night at the midnight gig. The choice is Jayne or some guys called 'the Pigs' from 12am onwards and besides - who wants to go to bed before midnight in Tamworth?

Cant wait to get out of S W Sydney!! Even if only for a weekend!!

See you there!

OakyPoke

mindari
25-01-08, 05:51 AM
Ive friends who couldnt imagine a year without their Tamworth fix.

JEC
25-01-08, 07:01 AM
Can't get there but my husbands cousin.....Travis Collins has been nominated for the golden guitar so will be keeping up with whats going on

Nuts
25-01-08, 07:27 AM
Hey - a few going!

The Pigs are a fab band! They are a complete p take, but play really good fast music - everyone is up dancing (well jumping around). You know most of the songs, but they do somewhat different versions of them. They are really good fun!!!

Thanks for the review on some bands to see - will have to check them out!

Anarabis
25-01-08, 09:24 AM
i went in 96 for the week
had a ball despite knee deep mud at the camping site
i was out and about at 8 every morning
and home about 3am i think i slept for a week when i got home

Lex
25-01-08, 03:38 PM
Travis is a good friend of mine, can't make it this year, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him at the awards!!
It is an awesome weekend away and you always catch up with old friends and have a ball....i'm going to be sulking all weekend I'm not there, especially when I get the "wish you were here it's awesome" phone calls!!

eventa
26-01-08, 08:53 AM
Im pretty sure im headin up early tomorrow to work for Jack Daniels as a promo girl..pretty excited. never been before, but imagine its going to be very good. Hope the rain stays away

ALHannah
26-01-08, 02:19 PM
Hey Nuts!!! Are you really nuts...LOL...????
Of course Tamworth is only about country music for two weeks in January!!!!! I didn't think there was anything else???!!!!LOL!!!!! You did make me laugh!!!!!
My husband's family are there so we are regular visitors...yet sadly we have never ventured up to the music festival. I think we spend so much time there during the rest of the year that we seem to stay away during the festival.
But we now have a small group of friends who want to go...so we may bite the bullet and go in 2009....we keep promising ourselves!
We were there for our family Christmas get together, and met a couple from WA who'd been in a caravan park for FIVE WEEKS waiting for the festival...and that was at the end of December!!!!!!
Anyway Nuts...and to anyone else who went...I hope it was great....no.....I know it was great!!!!!
Can't wait to go in 2009! I can't wait to absorb the atmosphere!!!!
A.