PDA

View Full Version : Bombproof Trail horse needs new hom

Kartika66
29-01-08, 12:54 AM
B&B - please don't delete this one as it is not my horse.

There is a local horse for sale here. The lady has a severe degenerative muscle wasting disease and is becoming paralysed from the feet up and is desperate to find a new home for her mare.

I have been to see it and have ridden it so can vouch for its quietness. It is a dead quiet flaxen chestnut arab/QH mare, 14.3hh, just turned 17 years old.

Plenty of bone - can carry weight. Walk, trot,canter on a loose rein all day.

Ideal middle aged person's trail horse only as not educated except go and whoa. Not expensive - home more important than money.

If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me.

I wanted to let you all know as I feel desperately sorry for this lovely lady who lives alone.

k8
29-01-08, 07:46 AM
Horrendous situation for the poor lady.
Where abouts is she Kartika? What state are they in?

Kartika66
29-01-08, 11:04 AM
Hi - she is on the Sunshine Coast in Qld in a place called Belli Park near Kenilworth.

Hope someone out there can help.

honkey
29-01-08, 11:31 AM
My friend is on the look out for a quiet QH trail horse - it sounds perfect for her. I will let her know and see if she is interested! Do you have any photos of her at all? My friend is fairly tall, but my solid 14.3 QH carries her height well.

Kartika66
29-01-08, 01:59 PM
Sorry no photos - it isn't my horse and I have only seen it on the one occasion but felt compelled to help.

Mare is a v solid 14.3hh-15hh flaxen chestnut with QH head. Quite attractive or could be if rugged/fed.

Kartika66
31-01-08, 04:17 AM
bump

tisme
31-01-08, 05:25 AM
Hi kartika,
There is an add in horses wanted on petlink for a companion horse at Noosa, might be worth a looksie.

Good Luck, lovely that people like you try to help somebody out in this sort of sittuation.