PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay Prob.. What do you thi

mish1234
29-01-08, 05:02 AM
I placed a horse float roof on ebay, it was second hand but hasnt seen a horse for about 5 months- dad is renovating the float. And this morning i got this email. err pls explain?

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following auction-style listing(s):

180210603937 - Horse Float Roof- Karakar. No starting bid!

However, your (s) violates eBay's Animals, Plants and Wildlife policy and has been removed. In accordance with our User Agreement, items prohibited by law or by eBay policy are not allowed on eBay. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Since the sale of live animals and wildlife products is in some cases prohibited, highly regulated, or may cause harm to eBay or its members, sellers are restricted in their listing of them on eBay.

Sellers are not permitted to list any live animals on eBay. In addition, some items related to live animals that may be subject to local selling restrictions due to health concerns may also be removed.

For example, due to the equine influenza outbreak, there are restrictions on the movement of horses and associated products both within states and from state to state. Before buying or selling it is important that you contact your local department of primary industries for advice.

For more information on the eBay policy, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/wildlife.html

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you relist this, or any other item that violates eBay policy, your eBay privileges could be suspended. We value you as a member of our community and wish to continue this relationship, so we must ask you to refrain from further violations of the User Agreement and eBay policy.

For information about eBay's Prohibited and Restricted Items guidelines and User Agreement go to:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/items-ov.html
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/user-agreement.html

For more information on why eBay removes s, or to write to us with questions, please review the following Web page:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/confidence/listing-ended.html

Thank you for your time. We sincerely appreciate your attention to this matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

It is genuine as this message was in my alerts on "My ebay".Ive responded by asking how is a trailer roof an animal, a plant or part of wildlife and am just waiting for an answer. What do you guys think?

DB
29-01-08, 05:11 AM
I think Ebay is being a commendable and responsible entity, taking due care at the end of a long and multi billion dollar scare for the horse industry.

The old adage is you can't be too careful, and if that had happened in the first place, we wouldn't all be standing on the back foot with empty pockets and startled looks on our faces.

Perhaps find out from them when they will be letting off the stringency for a while, maybe. (I can see where you're coming from - it does seem overkill, but eerything does when there's no apparent risk)

Good luck.

jamie
29-01-08, 05:42 AM
I find that a lot of the problems with ebay (and we've had a few, believe me) are basically 'automated' problems because ebay is run in such an automated fashion, so I think you might find that rather than your horse float roof really being against the rules, it's possibly something about your wording combination that's caused an automated response, because I really can't imagine ebay having an issue with someone selling a horse float roof when they've got no problem with so much other horse gear which would obviously be at least as 'high risk'. Watch the response you get too, though, because keep in mind that a lot of time when you email ebay about a problem the first few responses you get will be automated too, before you'll actually be referred to a real person who'll hopefully solve your problem. Technology, don't you just love it ;-).

PS, I hope you'll post about how you go sorting it out because I'm really pretty curious to see if what I suspect is the case actually is or if they've really got a problem with float rooves :-)?

Kelly.

kelli
29-01-08, 06:23 AM
i had 2 saddles and a float on there last week, they removed the saddles but not the float, which did sell on there, and they get a $50 selling fee for that now, so i personally think price has a lot to do with if they remove it or not, as all listings stated EI free etc etc

BarebackGirl
29-01-08, 06:49 AM
I had a pair of Ariat top boots listed which was getting bids almost immediately and they cancelled the listing as the same 'illegal wildlife and animal listing'. I told them right where to go and listed everything I wanted explained. Don't bother. All they do is send out form letters that aren't even from real people.
As per their email if you try to re list it you'll get banned so you have to wait until they send you an email saying it's ok to list them now.
Very frustrating but they class it all as horse gear, no matter my ad said 100% EI free.
Interesting that they let the float thru, however maybe they know it has to go thru decontamination now anyway and horse flu is nearing it's end. My goods were posted about a month ago, then I emailed them about 8 days ago to ask if I could repost yet and they said No not yet.
PS: my main gripe is that they 1) let the ad be submitted 2) go live on the site 3) get bids - and only THEN did they cancel it. I saw that as unfair and think they need to be 100% more on the ball and have an automated system that will simply refuse to let anything under the horse category in NSW be posted on the site rather than make sellers and buyers irate and dissapointed.

jamie
29-01-08, 07:21 AM
This is really odd, because we advertised and sold two used saddles on ebay a few weeks ago (one was listed for 1 week and the other for 2) and they never sent us any notices or anything else. We also advertised and sold quite a few new bridles and headstalls on ebay at the same time, as well as several used riding jackets, etc, and had no problem with them either. This was all around Christmas/New Years, so not so long ago at all. As I said, strange, you'd think they'd make their minds up?

Kelly.

BarebackGirl
29-01-08, 07:42 AM
Jamie you're in Vic - there was never any restriction for that state.

jamie
29-01-08, 08:31 AM
Oh heck, I'm so sorry. I never even thought to question whether it would be a state by state thing, because when I first went to advertise our stuff in December I checked and saw that there WAS some horse stuff advertised in NSW (probably new, I guess now I actually think about it) at the time, so I didn't give it another thought. Again, so sorry :+, now I'll go back and sit very embarassed in my corner and shush......:-)
Kelly.

BarebackGirl
29-01-08, 09:04 AM
Ha, no worries, that's what I did too, just went on the horse gear list, saw heaps of listings for all kinds of gear and then posted my own, then after they took the listing down I actually clicked on a few and found they were all for Vic, none for NSW (this was in early October I think) As for ads in December, maybe they might have made green zone ok to post but all others not or something similar? hopefully we can all start selling again soon :)

sparkly_jessie
30-01-08, 08:58 AM
Ive got the same thing, i just posted some gaiters that were used over a year ago and have since never been near a horse yet I got that email too. There are a pair of used gaiters in NSW on now stating:

"AD IS AGAIN RELISTED DUE TO BEING REMOVED BY EBAY. MY APOLOGIES TO THE PREVIOUS WATCHERS.

GAITERS HAVE BEEN SANITIZED AND DISINFECTED TO COMPLY WITH EBAY REGULATIONS"

Am wondering if there is a way...