PDA

View Full Version : =( Agistment needed around brisbane

emdiddy
29-01-08, 06:40 AM
Hi there, I'm looking for agistment in brisbane, will look at most areas but need seperate paddocks for three horses, one broodmare in foal with foal at foot and a yearling.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Shorty
29-01-08, 09:14 AM
Hi emdiddy,

If you go to Yellow Pages and type in horse agistment - Brisbane about 2 pages comes up all over Brisbane. Otherwise, drive around and find somewhere you like and then walk in and ask if they do agistment. This is how I have found most of my places.

Best of luck
Shorty

emdiddy
29-01-08, 09:17 AM
Thanks Shorty! I will have a drive around and see what i can find, same with yellow pages.

Thanks for your reply. =)

honkey
29-01-08, 10:47 AM
If you find any with room to spare I'd love it if you would let me know about it, I'm looking for a paddock close to north side of brisbane for one horse, not having any luck :-(

emdiddy
29-01-08, 11:03 AM
sure thing! will let you know, it's hard to find places isn't it!

honkey
29-01-08, 11:26 AM
Too right! What areas are you looking in?

emdiddy
29-01-08, 11:43 AM
Um well at the moment anywhere! But anywhere that is 30mins from the cbd. I'm looking around belmont,gumdale,brookfield,burbank,bridgeman downs..

Where are you looking? If i find anywhere ill let you know. =)

honkey
29-01-08, 11:56 AM
Nudgee, Taigum, Albany Creek, Pine Rivers etc Anywhere within 30km of the city as well!
I live just near the gateway so probably could go just as close over the other side of town but don't know which areas to look.

emdiddy
29-01-08, 12:00 PM
Okay, well i'll keep my eyes and ears open for us both! =)

equestrian77
30-01-08, 06:51 AM
Hi Emdiddy,

I know of a few different areas that offer agistment. There is Rochedale Park at Rochedale and a few others around the same area. There are a couple at Thornlands and Mt Cotton/Burbank area. There is Nudgee spelling farm I think it's called on Weyers Road at Nudgee which is just of the Gateway Motorway and has good facilites. There are a few at Brookfield, one is called Gold creek enterprises on Jones Road at Brookfield, they have nice individual yards. Then there is the Kenmore rider training centre not sure what they offer. There are a few at Samford like Maddison Park Stables and Dollar farms then there is Pegasus Place at Ipswich which has great facilities. Hope these help.

Kind Regards
Equestrian77

Nic
30-01-08, 10:47 AM
Perhaps try putting a notice up at saddleries, produce stores and local shops in the areas you are looking. I am at Samford and there are two noticeboards at the supermarket, one at each of the two produce stores and one near the organic food store that us locals read. There is a notice board at the Brookfield general store and also at the produce there.

Also I have had success in the past putting a letter in letterboxes in an area that I particularly like. It is a lot of effort but lets you focus on the properties that look good. At the moment properties out our way have so much grass that people who dont normally run horses are likely to be keen to have a 'mower' move in.

Good luck with the hunt.

cedarvale
31-01-08, 10:07 AM
Maybe you should try phoning 07 32894020. I think I can help you.