View Full Version : Rocking Horses

njuro
30-01-08, 04:13 AM
Check this out:

www.flyinghighrockinghorses.com

Unbelievable!!!

yaears
30-01-08, 04:53 AM
Looking at the close ups-they truely are a work of art and obvious passion. Wouldn't it be a beautiful decorator piece!
I would have liked to see more expanation (video?)of rocking platform in use .Some RH tend to rockover over too far forward or back .Our boys got 'thrown' many times even a bloody nose from making contact with wooden ears!
(I remember going to a friends aunt's place where she had a huge old fashioned rocking horse complete with real hair mane& tail.I asked to be allowed to have a go on it and was told "No" ,only her childern were allowed.Imagine that -mean old biddy)

skymare
30-01-08, 05:14 AM
those are stunning! but for twenty two thousand dollars i think only a hand full of people will be able to afford.
we have a stunning rocking horse covered in black and white cowhide, real horse hair and red leather bridle and saddle. we DO NOT allow any children over 10 to sit on it. it is old and worn and i don't want it to break. it is also of the safer rocking type. i don't know what it's called but it swings on these bars so that it never over rocks or causes damage to children's noses. i won't sell it for anything. well, i might at 22,000, lol.

yaears
30-01-08, 05:26 AM
" don't know what it's called but it swings on these bars so that it never over rocks or causes damage to children's noses"
Yes thats what I remember as the best old type rocking horse-although it wasn't 'old' then.
And some were large enough too, not disproportionate to the size of child like many now.
I didn't see the price $22 000 wow!