PDA

View Full Version : Another name suggestions post!

Sapphire
30-01-08, 07:43 AM
After looking at several other naming suggestion posts, I figured you guys might be able to help me out as I have no imagination!

I have two standardbred geldings (one I only got last week, the other I've had 3-4 years). Funnily enough, they both came with their names, from the same place, and one is Jack and the other is Zack! But I want show names for both of them. Jack probably wont be doing too much competing, but Zack (my new boy) hopefully will be, so I gotta have a decent name for him. Both Jack and Zack are fairly common horsey names so something distinguishable and interesting would be great.

If it helps, Jack is a redish bay, 15.2hh sporty/athletic little standardbred (often mistaken for TB), and Zack is a darker bay, 15.3hh warmblood looking standardbred (bit chunkier than Jack).

Any suggestions?

puddles
30-01-08, 07:46 AM
Do you know what their race names were? If I decided to show my boy, he will be keeping his registered race name

Sapphire
30-01-08, 07:58 AM
I know Jack's, its Panky's Pacer, which obviously is quite horrible and not much use (though if you google it he'll come up, he was famous hehe!).

Not sure about Zack's, havent gotten the details yet, but will.

My TB's show name is his racing name (Pro Gold) - paddock name Gizmo.

vaulter_1
30-01-08, 08:09 AM
Hanky Panky? Not very original I know!

Hmm,

Jack's Gold (kind of a play on that's gold)
Zachariah
Ballandarry
Lotsacash
Lotsamunny (hope you got it!)
Wanna Be

Sorry, not very creative today. Do you have the parents names too? Sometimes that can give you inspiration.

cbrown
30-01-08, 08:09 AM
I googled him and he even has a record for 2600m!

How cool he's a celebrity. You have to change his name to stop the paparazzi bothering him. He can't go anywhere without being recognised. Other horses are like "Oh my god aren't you, Panky? as in Panky's Pacer?"

tisme
30-01-08, 09:53 AM
cbrown, your posts alway's crack me up...don't blow it for him though looks like he came to Australia to get away from it all.Paparazzi would be a pretty cool name though.

Sapphire, have to agree it is not a very nice name..do you have any of his breeding ?

As for the other fellow don't keep us in suspense, look him up and let us know.

sassy_k
30-01-08, 10:02 AM
Sapphire, if you can give me some pedigree I can create something for you.

Or maybe some things you like that inspire you?

***** Angel....with horns }> *****

cbrown
30-01-08, 10:15 AM
Lucky he made it to Oz then Tisme.

Imagine if he'd remained in New Zealand he could have cracked under all that media scrutiny and hogged his own mane off like Britney Spears.

What about Isaac? Like, "You Jack, I Zack".

Sapphire
30-01-08, 03:22 PM
Hehehe.

Jack's sire was "In the Pocket" (very famous American standardbred) and dam was "Alameda".

Cant look up Zacks records yet, he only arrived Thursday, but as Im currently living in Brissy (horses are in Melbourne) I havent been able to see him to check out his brand. Waiting on his papers too.

tisme
01-02-08, 04:28 AM
Hi Sapphire,

How about

Panky's Pocket
Pankameda
Alapanky
Pocket Money

depends if you want to keep a link to his race name I guess.

Hey I live in brissy and come from melbourne, are you bringing your boy's up here ?

Sapphire
01-02-08, 07:54 AM
Thanks, that gives me some ideas!

Kewl, a horsey Brissy person! Wont be bringing the horses up here though. I considered it when I moved up here 6 months ago but decided it wasnt worth putting them through the stress of such a long trip when I didnt know how long I'd be staying. Im actually desperately trying to find work in Melbourne atm so I can move back home to family and horses. Work, and the wonderful money its paying, is the only thing keeping me up here.

twinkletoes
01-02-08, 08:01 AM
This is really bad.......

Pankake (pronounced pancake!)

HedgeWitch
01-02-08, 10:00 AM
Al Eme Pocket (Pronounce "All In My Pocket" just image saying it drunk)

Sapphire
02-02-08, 02:50 AM
I finally found out the details of my new horse Zack.

His racing name was "Vogue Falcon" (which is pretty ordinary).

Sire: "Falcon Seelster"
Dam: "Vogue Franco".

Any suggestions for that one?

tisme
02-02-08, 04:38 AM
Well, I actually don't reckon thats so bad ..as far as stb names go.

Falcon Seelster..wow his sire is beautiful, did you have a look at the youtube video of his race...gave me shivers..I would keep his name as a reference to an awesome sire like that if you are competing in stb circles.

vaulter_1
02-02-08, 09:54 AM
Just a slight change - Rogue Falcon sounds kinda nice!