PDA

View Full Version : Movement from Queensland Red to NSW

3ksmom
30-01-08, 11:46 AM
Bad idea, I know! I have read and re-read the movement requirements for recovered horses on the NSW DPI website. Option 3 seems like the most straight forward, so why would one choose the others? I read it as no quarantine requirements at either end? Is that right?

We happened on a little horse my daughter really likes. He is fully recovered and the stud is in the process of getting quarantine status.

We are just regular people and I wouldn't have a clue how to find a quarantine place near us, but I could figure it out if needed.

Are there any transport people who will do the required stuff?

We aren't in a hurry and could wait, if there is a good chance that things will get easier, but probably not for a year! LOL

Any suggestions on a person to talk to when I call the DPI? I suppose I will need to talk with both Queensland and NSW.

I can't believe we seriously thinking of doing this, but we like this guy a lot.

emdiddy
30-01-08, 11:56 AM
Hi, your best bet is to ring the DPI and talk to them but we were thinking of moving 3 from qld red zone to green nsw and they had to be in quarantine in qld for a week i think and then a week in nsw and it isn't very cheap either! But good luck everything should work out =)

rodh
30-01-08, 12:06 PM
Suggest waiting until after 14 March when all requirements will be removed.
If needing further advice ring me at DPI Orange 02 63913743.
We should be able to sort something out.

Kath
30-01-08, 12:12 PM
Rod does that mean there won't be any restrictions between the new green zone and the white zone? So on 14th of March when Sydney turns green, horses will be able to travel all over the country again? Or will the green zone only be able to move in the green zone?

And is there any talk of reducing the current quarantine requirements for vaccinated horses going from purple to green in the near future?

3ksmom
30-01-08, 02:42 PM
Thanks! I will call. This would be very happy news indeed!

rodh
31-01-08, 12:31 AM
The plan is to have no restrictions after 14 March.
Green to white is supposed to be free movement. We have been concerned that someone will chuck some requirement in when it is not needed. So far so good.

>And is there any talk of reducing the current quarantine requirements for vaccinated horses going from purple to green in the near future?

All restrictions off after mid March.