PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Stock Floats

bindipatch
13-02-08, 04:14 AM
Does anyone have a Ranger Stock Float? Being in Sydney with most of the manufacturers being in Vic or Qld, its v.hard to make a decision between the various different companies unless you already have experience with them.

Bindi.

DressageDreamer
13-02-08, 07:22 AM
I had one for 10+ years, finally sold it when it was 18 years old ... fantastic float! Because they are made of colourbond outer it doesn't rust or chip like other floats, mine had a tiny bit of rust in the door frames, but otherwise was a strong sturdy float (I miss it!!).

Friends have bought a newer one and it is made of slightly lighter materials than my old one - they leave it outside in a very damp area and with a wash it looks like new.

I bought another brand of float (because I wanted custom tackbox etc and some other adjustments) and I'm dreadfully disappointed ... once I've had enough of this one, I'll be back to Ranger to see if they can do what I want in a float.

bindipatch
14-02-08, 02:56 AM
Thanks for that. I'd never heard of them before I started quizzing every ad in Horse Deals and visiting sites, getting quotes etc.

If they can do my intended modifications, I will definitely consider them. Thanks again for the feedback.

Bindi.

celebrity
14-02-08, 05:03 AM
I don't have a Ranger, but when I was getting quotes I found them very easy to talk to and they were more than happy to discuss customising and various options. They were also the cheapest by close to 3k. There are a lot in my area, so they are popular.