PDA

View Full Version : Ballarat Uni. horse riders - important

Carla (Guest)
09-05-01, 12:43 AM
I am still looking for students who attend Ballarat University and would be interested in competing with a visiting university team from Ireland in September. As far as I can tell the Ballarat Uni doesn't have a horse riding club, so I am looking for students who might be interested in helping to form a team on behalf of the visiting team. They are interested in competing in the eventing disciplines and maybe even polocrosse.

Thanks Carla (Melbourne University Horse Riding Club Inc)

Andrea_R (Guest)
09-05-01, 03:17 AM
I am not aware of any club - wish there was!
Probably better lining up the Ballarat Adult Riders Club or someone who has a good set-up....

Carla (Guest)
09-05-01, 03:48 AM
hmmm...I really need university students as this is virtually an intervarsity competition...although not all that formal. Do you have contact details for the Ballarat Adult Riding Club? I might be able to find B.U students in amongst them. The only uni's I know that have horse riding clubs are ours (unimelb) and La trobe has just set one up this year.

Thanks Carla

delia white (Guest)
09-05-01, 04:06 AM
Hi Carla,
I'm not a student at UB but a teacher here instead. I'd be interested in finding out more information.

As to your question of the University having a riding club, no they don't. There is the Ballarat Adult Riding Club who meet at Sebatapol Equestrian Centre, if that's any use to you.

Good luck and I'll be interested to hear what happens.

Delia.

Marnie (Guest)
09-05-01, 04:08 AM
Do the university students have to be from Ballarat Uni? I am also from Melbourne Uni, and I would be interested in competing (I am an eventer). I don't belong to the Melb Uni Riding Club though, as it is mostly trail riding isn't it?? Would that matter?

Nadine (Guest)
09-05-01, 04:31 AM
Hi Carla,

One of our members attends the Uni and might be able to help you out. Can you provide further details of what you're planning so I can pass them on. Thanks.

Nadine
President - Ballarat ARC Inc.

Carla (Guest)
09-05-01, 05:17 AM
It might be easier if people could send me a quick email..

cbemploy@vicnet.net.au

And I can fwd on all the information. Everything is still in planning stages...but the Irish team need to organise competitions with Melb. Uni, Deakin Uni, and Ballarat Uni. I will actually be in Italy when they are here, but figure I am more likely to be able to find contacts for them. I have a couple of contacts for Deakin (Warrnambool). I have pointed them towards UniMelb Glenormiston campus for the more traditional competitions, but our club is looking to put together a novelty navigation ride, as we are only a trail riding club, not a competitive one. So I am on the hunt for Ball. Uni people. If you can help, please send me an email and I will forward through the information I have.

Thanks
Carla (MUHRCi)