PDA

View Full Version : NH Chrissy Pressy Post

sally
11-12-08, 10:08 AM
It seems this year I have drawn quite a difficult kk! Dont get me wrong she is a lovely person its just she already seems to have everything. Every time I think of that perfect gift she already has one and I am now lost for ideas. Anyone got any ideas? She is horsey so havn't ruled out popping down to the saddlery at the last minute }( Any ideas appreciated, horse related or completely unrelated with a budget of $50.00 :)
Cheers
Sally

HedgeWitch
11-12-08, 12:18 PM
Why not a gift voucher for the saddlery.

Hedgy

LindaH
11-12-08, 12:40 PM
We're doing the secret santa thing at home with the extended family and drew one difficult one. I got her a chicken doanted in her name to a family in a third world country. She gets a card showing the donation and thankyou note detailing how the gift will help the family. We got it on-line at Worldvision.com.au. Oxfam also has similar things (but their chickens were $4 more than World Visions!).

raffles101
11-12-08, 04:00 PM
I got something donated in my name every year since I was born. That is 17 families I have helped. It makes me feel good that I am helping someone else at christmas time. My Aunt donates $50.00 in my name to world vision.
x/X/xCaitiex/X/x
******Cowgirl- A better looking cowboy with brains******
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/Self_x_Made/Icons/75178d69.gif

ranger_
11-12-08, 04:32 PM
what about a magazine subscription? A horsey one or even Better Homes and Gardens is a nice allrounder.
Im getting my sister the chicken. She is notorious for buying everyone $2 last minute presents (if she buys at all) and my husband says he will divorce me if I spend decent money on her again. I think the chicken is the ultimate because she gets nothing, I get the satisfaction that someone somewhere who really needs it is benefitting and ok I admit it, I dont look like a total b#tch for playing her game. :P

shadowmystique
11-12-08, 04:49 PM
Ranger that is excellent :)

How much are these chickens??? I think thats an excellent idea!!!

As for what to get the difficult KK? $50 is a pretty good budget, go to the grooming section of the saddlery... look for something cool and useful... I recently found the ultimate sweat scraper! and I love it... so maybe you can find something along those lines for her.

Or just a really nice set of those ergonomic brushes, they're so nice, I drool over them, and a new set of brushes is ALWAYS very welcome.

Gift voucher is good too, just not as personal.

Or maybe one of those vet books for the horse, gives you remedies and treatments for all sorts of problems.

As for a non-horsie gift... Pffft why bother when you can get something horsie? :D

LindaH
11-12-08, 05:27 PM
$6 from World Vision, $10 from Oxfam. $4-$6 for medicines and mozzie nets are cheap too. For $14 you can start someone in a business from Oxfam. For some reason bee hives are expensive though, over $700!

DB
12-12-08, 06:18 PM
Damn! And I SO wanted to sponsor some Third World person with a Beehive so they could have Honey to nourish the starving hordes.....

Our town currently is collecting bras to send to Third World countries so the "poor women over here can have bras"..... How condescending and kitch can a Western Country get????

Money's good, sponsorship is good, but silly is just bad taste.

$50 is a bit rich for a KK, isn't it? Isn't it normally like about $15.00? Oh - or is it for family?

doorh_000
12-12-08, 07:56 PM
I second the donation...

I have a few cards on display for charity that I have received as gifts. I even own part of a forest now!

spana22
14-12-08, 02:11 PM
I embroider personalised towel sets with a name and a horse design or a horse saying. I have other designs as well. If you are interested you can pm me for prices and details.

JCA
14-12-08, 08:23 PM
Bras? That is.... a little tasteless. x(