PDA

View Full Version : Christmas greetings from my horse and me to yours ...

kevarose
19-12-08, 09:19 PM
I am (relatively) new to the horsey world at an age that is older than many of you. But they bring me such joy. This is Elle, the horse I bought almost 2 years ago in order to learn to ride and I simply adore her and she appears to like me. She is respectful, for example she stands at a distance while I prepare the food for her and two ponies and waits until I tell her she can eat. She does argue a little with my instructor and me when working in my little arena but she is coming back into work after an injury and 6 months off. She tries to do what she is asked and it brings me such joy when we get it together. She loves her family of two ponies and me. She even lets the Welshie yearling share her food and pretends to be bossy but even he knows it is all a sham.

Tonight I just leant over the gate and she walked up and "hugged" me with a rub of her neck on mine and it was just so beautiful. Horses ARE special. I feel I am very lucky to have such a lovely lady in my life.

Best wishes to you and your horses from me and my beautiful Elle

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/violettegirl/DSC_4412NoTick.jpg

gimetime
19-12-08, 09:27 PM
Merry Christmas to you too Kevarose.
I'm glad you have such a lovely relationship with Elle and that she brings you much happiness, she is lovely. Actually that is a beautiful photo of the two of you.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and all the best for the New Year.

pauper
19-12-08, 09:35 PM
Hi Kevarose that is truly a beautiful photo, tis wonderful to see the love you have for Elle shining in your eyes :)
and i reckon if she could talk she would be saying thank you for taking her into your life!

hope you, Elle and the rest of your 4 legged family have a fantastic Christmas
hugs Pauper

pauper
19-12-08, 10:45 PM
Coming in for another look, yep that horse is still gorgeous.

Don't take life to seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

sassy
19-12-08, 10:49 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your lovly mare.

HOME OF
BURKES AWESOME TO A TEE
PHAA
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/sa_ssy/003-1.jpg

doorh_000
19-12-08, 11:18 PM
Kevarose,

What a sensational photo. The pair of you, just beautiful. I hope you are printing copies of the photo and sending it with a christmas message to your friends and family. Definitely a pic for the fridge (that's pride of place at my house :7 ).

Merry christmas.

Doorh and Auto

horseridingneiq
20-12-08, 12:07 AM
Gorgeous photo and views!!!
You can never be too old or young too start loving horses, they are the most giving creatures.

kevarose
20-12-08, 08:49 AM
Thanks all. I have the photo framed and am going to hang it in my hall. On the day about 200 photos were taken with me and my 3 horses but the yearling kept biting one of the other's bums and generally acting his age and it wasn't till the end and I was not worrying about holding the three of them on lead ropes at the one time, that I lent over Elle and relaxed :-))

opensky
20-12-08, 11:14 AM
That is a stunning photo kevarose - I love more informal photos of owners and horses, and that is a beauty. Your mare has a lovely big eye, meant to be an indicator of a nice disposition.

When you get time, we'd love an update of young Lochie.

Have a lovely Christmas!
Regards

CateH
20-12-08, 01:25 PM
That's such a beautiful photo Kevarose, and a very pretty horse too!

She has a very kind eye and such a pretty head on her :)

Merry Christmas to you both!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/Cateh/horsebar1.gif

Horse sense - something that horses have that stops them betting on humans

kevarose
20-12-08, 03:46 PM
Thanks from me and Ellie. She is really loving which is a joy for me although she can get emotional if you move her paddock mates - although she is getting better and I am working on that slowly. She is also very loving with her paddock mates although does a good "show" of the boss act and it is enough for them. A nice little herd. LOL about my original intention to sell the foal.

Lachie the Welshie yearling is going very well. He is turning out to be confident and calm - you can do most reasonable things for a little yearling with him. He is fascinated whenever I work in the arena with Elle or his mum and sticks his head through and watches intently. When I do pick him, we walk around and he knows "whoo" and "walk". I started lungeing him yesterday and he only did a little circle or two on the rope in trot and got lots of praise and apple. I swear he is saying "I want to be like the grown up horse/ pony". He is also a sweetie and loves to amble up for a scratch.

Life is good and being part of such a nice herd is one reason for that!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/violettegirl/ChristmasGD.jpg

pauper
20-12-08, 05:57 PM
Hehehe love how Lochie is "helping" to keep his Mum still :7

Thanks Kevarose your photos have brightened up my day.
cheers Pauper

Don't take life to seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

carbon
20-12-08, 06:22 PM
That is a sensational photo. What a pretty little lady Ellie is. Hope her injury is recovered and she goes well in the New Year.
Love the cheeky little yearling in the last pic... biting everything just like you said!

kevarose
20-12-08, 11:17 PM
Yours is the truly amazing photo Carbon. What an incredible horse and cat pair!! Tell us about them.

notmine
21-12-08, 12:10 AM
Merry Christmas to you too!
The photo is lovely, you both look very happy and relaxed.
I couldn't live without my horse, as funny as it sounds to some, he is my heart and soul.
Have a great Christmas :)