PDA

View Full Version : SSangyong tows?

yaears
14-01-09, 10:15 AM
Would a SSANGYONG MUSSO Sports work for towing ?
(2 horse float&two 380k)

Sparrow
14-01-09, 11:25 AM
These vehicles have a 2.5 tonne towing capacity if fitted with the correct towbar.

They ain't all that powerful 88kW & 256Nm ... so hopefully you no have too many hills or NOT be in a hurry to go anywhere ??? They are mechanically injected turbo diesel so you can't plug in aftermarket puter to make em go better !!! Because of the lack of power ... they are reasonably economical ... but when you push them with a heavy load obviously they will suck more fuel.

A customer of mine had one a few years ago liked the car & ute configuration but got sick of the lack of power & bought a turbo diesel 100 series Landcruiser to replace the it.

zeke_532
14-01-09, 11:42 AM
id try and get a heavier duty vehicle if you can even if 2nd hand so you know it wont be letting you down

yaears
14-01-09, 01:15 PM
Oh thanks
Sparrow- need to float only a few times a year and not very far.So was hoping for a compromise .Have't even got a float at the moment it will a few months yet..

Le Le
14-01-09, 01:31 PM
depending on the weight of the float you buy. You could possibly use a Nissan X - trail (seeing as hoses combined will be 760kgs). They can tow up to 2 tonne and are a 4 cylinder so reasonably economical on fuel. power wise, not too bad. obviously nothing like a cruiser/navara/patrol, but also, only use half the fuel. I tow mine around brisbane and we get up hills and get around quite easily :)

Anarabis
14-01-09, 01:33 PM
my last boss had a musso
it was good to tow with and was used to tow costantly (he was a racehorse trainer) it was manual and eventually did the gear box in...i drove it towing numerous times and found it ok in the power dept..
my freind has a ssangyong korando she says it can tow up to 3 tonne

hilarytims
16-01-09, 10:06 PM
I thought, legally, towing vehicle needs to weigh at least equal to loaded trailer

hilarytims
16-01-09, 10:06 PM
I thought, legally, towing vehicle needs to weigh at least equal to loaded trailer

yaears
17-01-09, 10:59 AM
Thinks its gross weight is 2500.

cobboboonee
17-01-09, 11:43 AM
Hi years,

A mid-range 4 wheel drive thats good for towing and has guts but drives more like a car than the big nissans, etc are the Hyundai Terrecans, Pajeros,etc. We have a Terrecan and it tows our 3 horse float no worries and cruises comfortably on the open road at 100km.