PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I FIND OUT MY HORSES SIR AND PAPERS

BROOKE
09-06-00, 04:41 AM
HI TO ANYONE,

I NEED TO FIND OUT MY HORSES BLOODLINES, IT'S SIR ETC AS IT COULD POSSIBLY LINKED TO A WELL KNOWN HORSE. HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS, I WOULD NOT HAE A CLUE. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS BROOKE

rubiton
09-06-00, 05:05 AM
You can contact the AJC or studbook (not sure which one) with the horses brands. There is apparently a fee but once you have the details you can see who the horse is related to.

The studbook can be contacted thru the feedback form on their website www.studbook.aust.com

An Owner
09-06-00, 06:23 AM
Brooke, take your caps lock off on your keyboard - capitals means your yelling.

But good luck with your search.

ray
09-06-00, 08:38 AM
Brooke what can you tell us about your horse.
e.g. name, brands & any other information.
If you can provide some of that I might be able to track it down without you spending any money.

Ray
10-06-00, 12:05 AM
Hi Ray,

My horses brands are hard to describe but I'll do my best. She is a mare and on her nss she has a backards capital E with a a one joined to it and then a dot. it sort of looks like this 3-1 . but the the dot is in the middle. On her oss she has a 31 over 8. Apparently she has the same brands as an Advanced event horse so that is why I am curious to find out who her Sir is.

Thanks for your help
Brooke

Brooke
10-06-00, 12:11 AM
Hi Ray,

My horses brands are hard to describe but I'll do my best. She is a mare and on her nss she has a backards capital E with a a one joined to it and then a dot. it sort of looks like this 3-1 . but the the dot is in the middle. On her oss she has a 31 over 8. Apparently she has the same brands as an Advanced event horse so that is why I am curious to find out who her Sire is.

Thanks for your help
Brooke

Burgessp
10-06-00, 11:47 AM
You can try looking in the Australian Studbook if you know her racing namme. The address is
www.studbook.aust.com
Hope this helps you
*Sue*