PDA

View Full Version : Nina Haraka

Maxie
22-08-00, 11:35 PM
The mighty Nina Haraka makes her much awaited (by me anyway) return to the track on Saturday. She is entered in the Liston and the Cockram stakes but should carve up either field. Inaflury can't win.

Larry
23-08-00, 03:37 AM
She may run a good race or even win, but she always seems to find trouble in her races. I take it she would be going for the mile race on the last day of the carnival.

Maxie
23-08-00, 04:25 AM
You take it wrong Larry

She is entered in the cox plate - will run and win.

She will storm home after some Godolphin pacemaker breaks Sunline's heart.

Always finds trouble? She found some trouble in last years Toorak and should have won easily - but that was a very rough race all round. Her run in the vichealth was beautiful - no excuses.

She did win 4 straight races as a 3yo (3 of them black type).

The big sandown straight will suit her.

Goodnight.

Larry
23-08-00, 05:01 AM
If the pace is really on in the Cox Plate, Tie the Knot will be the most likely run on horse to win, not Nina Haraka, who is not up to the class.

This Saturday's field is not overly strong, so she will rate a very good chance.

Is it true that Jim Conlan trains Inaflury now, or am I just seeing things?

Looksthgoods
23-08-00, 09:04 AM
Has been with Jim Conlon for quite some time Larry!

Larry
23-08-00, 03:27 PM
Oops!

ProPunter
23-08-00, 10:36 PM
Yeah Larry ..for christ sake you've been riding trackwork for long enough now , you should have know that !!!!

Larry
24-08-00, 01:43 AM
From the form I have shown on the riding game 'Final Furlong', I would be one of the best jockeys around. It's a pity that I am 6ft tall.

Stiffy in the last
24-08-00, 09:42 AM
that is because you have plenty of practice of "riding it like a stallion" ahhh.

Maxie
25-08-00, 06:15 AM
Deadset Tragedy - Nina Haraka has not accepted for either race.

Apparantly the stable want to wait for the easier pickings of sunline & co next week.

Childs will have to give some serious thought to jumping of sunline to resume acquintances with nina.

Nina Haraka
25-08-00, 09:42 AM
I think I am going to cry - yes I am.

Nina Haraka was badly injured in a float accident and will miss the spring. Peter Hayes had said she was the best he had ever had her she would have gone well in anything she ran in up to 2000m. I will maintain to my death she would of run a mighty race in the cox plate if at the top of her form and with no track bias.

Larry
25-08-00, 11:09 AM
...and genuine pace.

Greg Irvine
26-08-00, 08:50 AM
Yes
Nina Haraka indeed was very seriously injured in a floating accident overnight Tuesday when travelling to Melbourne. It is believed the injury occurred near Bordertown in South Australia's south east. She will definitely be out for quite a while now, which is very sad, as it is believed she was absolutely flying in track work at Angaston. Indeed the stable was very confident of her running a huge race first up, and picking up some good cash during the Melbourne carnival action.
On the Hayes stable watch for a big first up effort from Sarson Trail tomorrow, and keep a watch on Rebbor with the future staying races in mind when he resumes for the stable (his first run for Hayes) also tomorrow.
Hopefully Nina will make a full recovery.
Cheers
Greg

Maxie
27-08-00, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the info Greg,

Hopefully she will be back to her best in the Autumn. I have always thought she would be the perfect Doncaster Horse if she handled the sydney way.

She will have been out of action for 18 months by then though - I hope she can come back.

You may have guessed I am part of the massive syndicate that owns her and many others. Here's an early tip for the spring - an unraced 3yo called Giacomo - apparantly the stable has a massive opinion of the horse. The only other 2 syndicate horses the stable has talked up as much in the past were Jumalique (won over $250000) and Nina Haraka.