PDA

View Full Version : Lets Elope's little girl grows up

Bill S.
25-08-00, 10:30 AM
Arguably the best bred horse won a lowly maiden at Geelong today. Yes I Will is by Danzig out of Let's Elope and trained by Bart Cummings. She was bred in the USA and raced in France before today. She's owned by Dennis Marks who raced Lets Elope in Australia and the USA before sending her to stud. Wonder if Bart can work his magic and turn her into a Cup winner?

Greg Irvine
25-08-00, 10:42 AM
Hi Bill
Indeed it was as impressive win today by Yes I Will, a Danzig mare. It is also interesting to note that Let's Elope two year old (as of Aug 1) is amongst over 1700 youngsters nominated for the AAMI Golden Slipper for next year. This youngster a bay colt named USTINOV is by US based sire sensation SEEKING THE GOLD (USA). Watch out for the next in the line of Let's Elope's progeny when she is presented with a DANEHILL youngster!!
Indeed its a long way from a country Thursday maiden to feature Cups in the spring, but the way she won it, it was a nice start - to that climb of the ladder, and as she tries to emulate to feats of her mother!!!!

Fowler's Boy
26-08-00, 04:37 AM
All I can say is that Australian racing must be in as bad a state as the judge says it is if we are seriously looking at a Geelong maiden winner as a possible cups contender.

Looksthgoods
26-08-00, 12:59 PM
Never ever underestimate the "Cups" King, and bart did go to watch the race.

Looksthgoods
26-08-00, 01:05 PM
"If Yes I Will was with any other trainer she would still be a 100/1 chance," said DoubleBet's Brian Taylor. "The fact is we laid Yes I Will heavily at 100/1 when we first started betting on this year's Cup.

"One smart punter who won plenty on Let's Elope when she won the Cups double in 1991 already has her going for $1 million to do the same.

Greg Irvine
26-08-00, 01:45 PM
Hi Looksy
Indeed it is very interesting to read that. After all a horse (even a later champion) has to start somewhere. It would make interesting reading to see where some great horses actually had their first wins.... And then there is the Cummings factor. (A South Aussie too Looksy...enough said!) Bart has an uncanny ability to do wonderful things with horses. I'm also hoping he can work some more magic on an already smart stayer in the making Oxford Dollar. The former Barry Brook trained gelding is owned by Laurie Smart and is being aimed at the big one in November.
Just seen that the following horses also won races in some non-metro areas:
Gay Icarus - Werribee
Super Impose - Seymour, followed by Benalla
Manikato - Cranbourne
Beauford - Wallsend (Newcastle)
Rogilla - Menangle
Hareeba - Yarra Glen, followed by Ballarat
Schillaci - Kyneton
Better Loosen Up - Bendigo
Theatre - Mornington
Burst - Gosford
Grand Archway - Bendigo
French Clock - Sale
Show No Emotion - Seymour
La Volta - Bairnsdale
Inaflury - Cranbourne
Laurie's Lottery - Toowoomba
These are a few I know, no doubt many more.
As you can see great things can happen from humble beginnings!!!

Fowler's Boy
26-08-00, 03:36 PM
Greg, great things can happen from humble beginnings, indeed she may become a champion, but if a horse can go from a Geelong maiden to cups glory in 2 months I will simply have to give up following this sport. If I was a bookie I would be taking every bet I could lay on this filly.

Rex
31-08-00, 02:00 AM
Yes I Will, steps out next on the 9th September in the Let's Elope S. at Flemington over 1400 m.
It would be a fitting result to see win this race and then go on to scale greater heights.

Okay guys
01-09-00, 03:33 PM
Let's Elope came from humble beginning too
and
Look what she did

Fowler's Boy
02-09-00, 03:56 AM
I would love to take all your bets on this thing to win this years cups doubles. Are you people seriously suggesting she's a good bet to win this years cups. I would give you 10000-1 if it wasn't illegal.

Lurker
05-09-00, 11:02 AM
Good Grief, it looks doubtfull she will even get a run in the Lets Elope this Saturday, let alone qualify for the Cups!