PDA

View Full Version : Racing horse

lee
26-05-02, 12:51 PM
Does anyone have a positive story re horses in racing. Is there anyone out there that has come out in front? Everyone keeps telling me not to race a horse.Need encouragement.

sport of kings (Guest)
27-05-02, 01:47 AM
Racing a horse is a luxury when people are engaged in luxury sports they dont participate to make a 'killing' however, racing is a luxury sport where the ability to make a 'killing' is available. The adrenalin thrust is hard to explain the highs so high and the lows so low. It is a sport that can involve the whole family make new friends and provide old friends with a great day. You should only be involved in racing to the extent that you can enjoy it if this means a 1/20th share in a country racer or 100th ownership in a sydney metro horse then go for it spend what you can afford for your entertainment factor and be bright enough to pull the plug and start again when a particular horse is no longer fun. A slow horse is much more expensive than a fast one! I luv racing go for it.

elvis (Guest)
27-05-02, 05:04 AM
we make a quid out of 1 in 3, which has been over a period of 25 years. some of them are an unraced 3yo , paid $750 won 3 in town and $80,000, $750 for a jumper, won 40,000 ,$7000 for a yearling won $180,000.... but bought a horse recently , broke leg a week later (gurgle ,gurgle... sound of money going down the drain). basically, go in it for fun, but if he's no good... sack him quick( and get another!!!!!)

Looksthgoods
27-05-02, 10:01 AM
Best Legal Drug money can buy!

Terry (Guest)
04-06-02, 11:13 AM
Racing is the best thing. I have just recently had a winner, and seriously it was the best feeling that i could have ever imagined. You know how you see owners on the tv, and they are jumping up and down, i can understand why now. As said though, there are plenty of downs, but when a winner comes along, its fantastic.
Trust me, i would get involved, but beware if you get into a syndication! There are some Very selfish people around, who only care about money. I have also been there and done that. They can hurt alot! I am in it for the fun, the money is just a bonus!

Tim (Guest)
18-06-02, 03:34 PM
Im in a syndicate with 20 others and to start off we had 2 horses. The first didnt make it to the race track however our other horse has raced 4 times. He hasn't won as yet but did finish a flying second beaten 3 1/2 lengths. The adrenalin rush was incredible and would recommend that you only go with what you can afford.

If its to make a killing then all I can say is its easy to go broke.

Looksthgoods
22-06-02, 10:39 AM
Syndicators, as in all professions, there are good and bad, so to make a blanket statment "beware of syndications" is foolish to say the least. It's buyer beware, get all the facts and do your homework.
Racing Victoria have a specific ownership department which can be a huge help to the first time owner. They do a top job!

One shouldn't go into a horse with the sole purpose of making money, it should be for the fun and you should be able to afford it. If not, then you will be heartborken and/or broke.
It's great fun, you meet a new bunch of people, some who will remain lifelong fiends, and if you happen to luck a "good" one then the sky is the limit.

As I posted before, best legal drug you can buy!!!

gayleen (Guest)
28-06-02, 08:29 AM
we train and race our own horse, you have to take alot of heartbreaks, but the thrill of winning more than makes up for this. go for it.

Looksthgoods
02-07-02, 02:03 AM
Consistent wet tracker Aldarch scored an easy win in the William Pearson Handicap (1440m) at Caulfield yesterday (06/06).
Aldarch, a daughter Archway, sat handy to the leaders throughout the race before hitting the front at the top of the straight.

Despite challenges being thrown out by a few rivals Aldarch was able to respond in fine style and draw clear to win by over a length.

The four-year-old mare was having just her second run back since having bone chips removed.

"She's a very genuine mare," Cindy Alderson who was deputising for her brother and trainer Steven said today. "Her form is really first class on tracks like this."

"Her form since her operation to remove bone chips is first class," she added.

The win also gave Melbourne based syndicators Slade Bloodstock their first metropolitan winner with a member of their first team.

"It's great to finally crack one in town," Rob Slade said after the race. "She's been a very good mare and her first up run was excellent the other day."

"We've got a lot of nice young stock, so hopefully this is the start of things," Slade added.

Alderson said the mare's ideal distance range was "not totally sorted out."

"She might handle a bit more distance than the 1500 metres we put her up to last time, but we're not totally sure," Alderson added. "She should be able to handle a mile without many problems."

Aldarch, who's from the True Version mare Estuary Lass, now has improved her record to four wins and three placings from just ten starts. The mare has now finished in the first three placings at her past four runs at Mornington, Ballarat, Sandown and now Caulfield.

story by G Irvine.

Now this is what racing is all about!

claire (Guest)
06-07-02, 12:24 PM
What are the entry fees to the metro races????? and country??? Got me thinking now.!

pete the punter (Guest)
10-02-03, 12:23 AM
Bought a filly for $1500 went on to win and be stakes placed.
Tried to buy a passed in colt by same sire with no luck for $20000 which of course had to go on and win over $600000. Life goes on.
Best legal drug! Funny that winning in the country is as exciting as in the city when its your horse.