PDA

View Full Version : BAN finds longshots

Bill S.
06-11-00, 12:50 PM
Did anyone notice that in race 1 at Flemington on Saturday, By-A-Nose picked first and third in its first 3 placings? The winner paid $93 and the third horse $5 odd for the place. The trifecta paid $23000 or so. To get this result, all you had to do was look at the predicted placings with no track condition set and no odds source.

Brian
02-02-01, 04:01 AM
Dear Bill,
I noted with interest the long shot. However how would we have known to have the settings as you sugested? Surely we would input the odds and track conditions as they are? Does this mean that we use Ban without refering to other data? How in fact does this program make the selection of the longshot in this case? I am confused,
Brian

Brian
02-02-01, 04:01 AM
Dear Bill,
I noted with interest the long shot. However how would we have known to have the settings as you sugested? Surely we would input the odds and track conditions as they are? Does this mean that we use Ban without refering to other data? How in fact does this program make the selection of the longshot in this case? I am confused,
Brian

Brian
02-02-01, 04:04 AM
Dear Bill,
Brian