PDA

View Full Version : Winning Edge Ratings by FAX 1902 248 100

Tom Jackson (Guest)
27-09-02, 10:15 AM
I would like to hear if anyone is having the excellent results that I have had.Any feedback.

joe taylor (Guest)
29-09-02, 12:02 AM
tom,i have had the winning edge fax service for 8 weeks. i have had excellent results. i think last week there were about 28 winners in the numbers.i didnt have a lot of bets but backed 3 $20 winners so had a good day.there has only been about 1 day they were a bit off the mark, but there were still plenty of winners.overall A1.

Tommy Tealeaf (Guest)
30-09-02, 12:04 AM
I used the Winning Edge Ratings for the first time yesterday. The first race the winner PHENOM was rated 10/1 and paid $20. A few of the overlays were MISS MARTINDALE 8/1 $25, ZABARRA 10/1 $20, PRIMEVAL 8/1 $14, HEADACHE 8/1 $15, EL CATERO rated 6/1 PAYING $35.Anyone who purchased these ratings and didn't win is absolutely no hope of ever winning.Can't wait for next Saturday.

Joe Taylor (Guest)
30-09-02, 12:28 AM
Tommy, I purchased 6 sets of ratings yesterday to compare results. The Winning Edge Ratings were by far the best. Most of the big price winners you have mentioned were not rated in the top 8 in some ratings.They seem very good for trifecta takers.
Time will tell.
There were 27 winners in their numbers out of 30 races rated which was pretty good, especially when 6/1 raters paid $35.I was a first timer and didn't bet. I'll sit on the fence for 4 weeks and see if they keep performing as good as others say.They were No. 1 Saturday.

Wayne Ballyntyne (Guest)
30-09-02, 01:01 AM
Joe, I have used these ratings for 16 weeks. There are plenty of winners but if you don't back multiple runners , winning becomes a lot harder.
A couple of weeks I have lost and after seeing the results I wonder how could anyone lose.There can on odd occasions be 4 overlays in a race out of 6 raters.
The first race yesterday there were only 2 overlays and PHENOM won at $20 , while the other one lost the rider,so no more betting was required for the day.I went golfing.
What they can do is save you backing a lot of losers that are under the odds. Some horses that started odds on yesterday were rated at 3/1 or better and ran like 100/1 shots.Missing a loser is as good as backing a winner.Winners to all.

john (Guest)
30-09-02, 05:16 AM
Backing multiple horses in every race has not and never will work longterm - It reduces any overlay to nil, so you aren't ever getting the benefit of true overlays.

I used the winning edge ratings and all I can say is it's a ripoff!
I get better ratings doing it myself and back one runner per race!

The Late Mail (Guest)
30-09-02, 10:44 AM
John, I can't see why you think these ratings are a rip off.
I have not had a losing Saturday since using them.I can't see how backing multiple runners reduces any overlay to nil.
BRIS Race1 overlays PHENOM and THE APACHE KID. PHENOM paid $20.
BRIS Race8 overlays MISS MARTINDALE and DEFEND.Miss Martindale wins at $25.
SYDNEY Race8 overlays KINGSGATE and ZABARRA. ZABARRA paid $20.
MELB Race9 overlays PRIMEVALL and ROWS OF ARCHES. PRIMEVALL pays $14
ADEL Race5 ONE overlay EL CARTERO 6/1 Rated and Pays $34

These are just a couple of examples with good priced winners where there were ONLY 2 OVERLAYS PER RACE.There were many others besides these at shorter prices.
After the first race in Brisbane winning at $20 you would have had no more bets for the day.
Even if you kept betting and backed a lot of losers for the day I think it would be near impossible to end up behind.These 5 winners alone should have had any punter winning plenty, and while you wouldn't be betting in every race, if you missed 1 or 2 of these there were plenty of other winners.
If anyone buying these ratings lost, I think they should urgently question their betting strategies,as a $20 winner in the first race and a $34 winner should make you a decent profit even if you missed the others.
HOW THESE RATINGS ARE A RIP OFF HAS ME GOT ME BEAT.
I have seen a couple of ratings sheets from Saturday and they were not within a bulls roar of the Winning Edge Ratings.If you know of any better ones I would like to see them as I have bought nearly every one around over the years.
As I have said before some people are not suited using ratings.
I have not seen after 45 years punting, and doubt if I ever will see ,anyone able to win over a period of time backing one horse per race.
I like seeing everyone winning so the best of luck.

Mahogany (Guest)
30-09-02, 10:50 AM
I agree with you John, there are much better services around which actually give you the selections to back. Not pie in the sky ratings. Then they say you should have backed this horse or that one...didn't like it at all.

John (Guest)
30-09-02, 10:59 AM
I can't
>see how backing multiple runners
>reduces any overlay to nil.
>
>BRIS Race1 overlays PHENOM and THE
>APACHE KID. PHENOM paid $20.
>
>BRIS Race8 overlays MISS MARTINDALE and
>DEFEND.Miss Martindale wins at $25.
>
>SYDNEY Race8 overlays KINGSGATE and ZABARRA.
>ZABARRA paid $20.
>MELB Race9 overlays PRIMEVALL and ROWS
>OF ARCHES. PRIMEVALL pays $14
>
>ADEL Race5 ONE overlay EL CARTERO
>6/1 Rated and Pays $34

Two horses per race so your return.....

Brisbane race 1 was 10-1 not 20-1
Brisbane race 8 was 12.5-1 not 25/1

etc etc...

Not bad profits but what happened
Bris races 2/3/4/5/6/7 ?
Syd races 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 ?
Melb races 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8?
Adelaide races 1/2/3/4/6/7/8?

That's my point.

The Late Mail (Guest)
30-09-02, 11:44 AM
John,
Thanks for your reply.
RE bris race 1 .If you placed 1 unit on each horse the outlay is 2 units, the payout $20 or 20 units, so the profit is 18 units which is equal to an 18/1 winner, not 10/1 as you stated.The other race mentioned the price was not 12.5 to 1 but 23/1.There were several winners in the other races.

Why would you need to keep betting after a $20 winner in Race 1.

Betting in every race is a bookies dream and is why most punters can't win.How many winners do you need to back for the day to win.You have to admit, it would be hard to lose with those winners.
RATINGS ARE DEFINATELY NOT FOR YOU AT THIS STAGE JOHN , but one day I can guarantee you will change your mind, return to ratings and back many long priced winners.

The Late Mail (Guest)
30-09-02, 11:50 AM
Mahogany,Could you please name which ratings are much better as I am very interested in ratings services.You might be using one that I haven't seen before.Thanks.

Tom Murphy (Guest)
30-09-02, 02:10 PM
I backed the $20 winner at Brisbane R1 Saturday. How people could say these ratings are a ripoff is beyond me.
FAXED for $11 for 4 states. YOU MUST BE JOKING.

John (Guest)
01-10-02, 12:38 AM
The odds are just basic math, if you have two selections the true odds are half the return.

Anyhow, best of luck with it.

The Late Mail (Guest)
01-10-02, 02:50 AM
John, I was not going to comment about these ratings again but the statement you made is too silly for words.
If you back 2 horses in a race and one wins at $20 the odds are not 10/1 as you say.The profit for $1 outlay on each is $18 so is equal to an 18/1 winner.
I can now see by your post why you are a ratings knocker.
GOOD LUCK. BOY YOU WILL NEED IT or are you just trying to stir me up.
JUST BASIC MATHS as you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Joe (Guest)
01-10-02, 03:32 AM
The problem with ratings in my opinion is how people use them. With the Winning Edge Ratings giving 6 selections per race, EVEN WITH THE RATINGS IN ORDER AFTER EACH RACE,people are not sure how to approach their betting on the race.I persevered with them for 3 weeks until I started to win.Most people seem to want to back their own selection and are just reassured if it is top rated or whatever.If every tipster thinks it will win, it will NOT make the horse a better bet, probably the opposite, UNDER THE TRUE ODDS and loses. How many times have you seen it happen. Every day.

Mahogany (Guest)
01-10-02, 04:36 AM
TLM, I was referring to selection services which actually give you the selections - not based on price fluctuations. Not ratings services which tend to select half the field.

rOBBO (Guest)
01-10-02, 10:00 AM
I can't see why most postings are looking for $20 winners. What's wrong with backing 3 horses paying $4 in each race, $10 on each, which will give you an excellent chance of winning and a 33% profit on the race.
No banks are paying 33% tax free.

John (Guest)
01-10-02, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna let this whole topic rest. Obviously you can't see what I am driving at here.

Maybe we should all just go to the track look at what the bookies offer compared with the tote and back the overlays.

LOL!

John (Guest)
01-10-02, 03:24 PM
Because you are getting UNDERLAYS which many people here can't come to grips with!

May as well sink your $30 on Lonhro or Sunline and watch it get beat.

Unless you're a genius, you can't win backing this way because your strike rate will let you down in the end.

Basic percentages escape most, and they see the juicy odds.

20/1 equals twenty to ONE.

20/2 equals twenty to TWO which equals 10/1.

Basic maths. My 12 year old daughter looked at the argument here and laughed - yes I am wasting my time!

Christ I wish I were a bookie taking bets on this forum!

Jo Thomas (Guest)
02-10-02, 01:22 AM
John, After reading your letters. Thank God you are not a bookie. Your wife and kids would be starving.Your betting knowledge and maths knowledge is pathetic.

John (Guest)
02-10-02, 04:42 AM
Interesting how most of the postings in this thread have similar ip addresses and styles of writing - not fooling anyone here.

Tom Jackson (Guest)
02-10-02, 11:23 AM
Thanks to all who answered my query. I was surprised by the bad response by some people,but I suppose everyone has different ideas,hopes,and aspirations with regard to betting.I have won so consistently I thought I was giving some losing punters a lifeline and maybe changing their luck but this may not be the case,by the way some have responded.

davidbe (Guest)
02-10-02, 03:39 PM
This is for John

I sometimes look at a race (gallops/trots/dogs), see what is a heavily backed favourite then have $10 to win on the next 3 in the tote betting (you could Dutch these, but it's too much work) and frequently one of these gets up and pays, say $9.

So for my $30 outlay I have received $90, which is a $60 profit.

This equates to backing a 2/1 winner in the old money.

In the example you have been struggling with (Brisbane race 1), you have outlaid $20 ($10 on both runners) for a return of $200, which is a $180 profit.

This equates to backing a 17/1 winner in the old money.

The defence rests.

SAM (Guest)
03-10-02, 12:28 AM
If we look at the bet as a single bet on a race with a return of 200 units with an outlay of 20units then the rue odds of the bet are 180/20 = 9/1 ,what way do we want to look at the mathamatics of betting.
By the way why pay $11.00 for 1 day when you can pay $9.00 for all the days and night races

rOBBO (Guest)
04-10-02, 12:42 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC

Dire Straits (Guest)
04-10-02, 01:47 AM
Tom,
your ideas are correct. 10 people could have Winning Edge and you could have 10 different results because of using them 10 different ways. What counts are your results. Nothing else.
Can you be a bit more specific on how you use them? You know, top pick overlay or back all overlays.
Thanks
DS

Tom Jackson (Guest)
03-11-02, 02:28 AM
Sorry Robbo But a few weeks have gone by since my last email and would just like to report that no losing days yet using the Winning Edge Ratings.Looks like I'm in for a big day today if a couple of the top raters win.Hoping my good results continue.

robert howard (Guest)
03-11-02, 03:15 PM
Tom I tried these ratings today and had a good day. The amount of top rated horses that ran placings at big prices would have made a big difference if a couple would have won.Tarcoola midnight 4/1 paid $7.60 place Rautai warrior rated4/1 $8 place, archidema 2nd as well as plenty more.. Bouffant rated 6/1 piid $31. cosmic rays rated 3/1 $8.20 and delago brom rated 3/1 paid $11.50 last 5 melb winners top rated .Cant wait for cup day see ya

Bruce Joyce (Guest)
04-11-02, 03:52 AM
Robert, I have just faxed the Winning Edge number to check the validity of your claims.I purchased 4 lots of ratings yesterday and have only purchased the winning edge ratings once before when I was half and half about them.I must admit they were definately on top yesterday. The ratings I consider the best had only 7 winners in the top 2 while winning edge had 15 winners, some at big prices, plus a lot of 1st picks which were placed with big place divies.I'll see how they go cup day as the winners are near impossible to find Cup day.

Hitman (Guest)
04-11-02, 11:56 AM
Look it's fine if you're all winning with this system, and I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is occasionally posting great results or bolters that got up with no apparent form and even the trainers were surprised etc.

Continually others have purchased the ratings and had shocking results - see previous postings! (fizzer & Co.).

Please you have been requested time and time again to post proper stats I.E. Number of selections, strike rate, average dividend, profit on turnover.

To date nobody has been willing to do this yet scream winners from the rooftops. You really aren't helping anyone get a true indication of the ratings. I could pick 50/1 winners if I had six picks in a race too.

Get some perspective and post some LONGTERM stats. Then maybe people might consider it on it's merits, not hype!

Bruce Joyce (Guest)
04-11-02, 04:44 PM
Hitman,The six picks per race are in ratings order. Most of the time when a bolter wins they are in the 6 picks.I don't think it's as easy as you suggest to find these winners in 6 picks. I have been betting for 12 years and don't seem to be able to find these winners myself.
To make things simple could you put your 6 numbers per race for the melbourne cup meeting at flemington ,which is one of the toughest days to find the winners, on this site before the first race.As there will be a few long price winners it will be a rough guide comparing your 6 with the ratings 6.
I will again buy the Winning edge ratings Cup day and put the 6 picks per race on this site after the meeting. I would like to have them on here before the meeting but the ratings owner would probably not be happy if I did this,and I am not sure if they have copyright protection.ALL THE BEST AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE BETTING ON CUP DAY.

Tony T (Guest)
05-11-02, 04:07 PM
Bruce, I can't wait to see the ratings. If they can pick winners tomorrow I'll even start buying them myself.They are the toughest races all year. I think even with 6 picks, in a lot of races none of them will run a place.There are a dozen chances in each race without the possibility of suprise results.Waiting anxiously.

Hitman (Guest)
05-11-02, 07:03 PM
I don't give out tips EVER.

I just want people to give out proper results not just "hey we got a 26/1 shot and a 50/1 shot today.

In essence it means absolutely nothing.

6 picks per race X 8 races
melb
syd
adel
bris
=192 picks in total
so a 50/1 and 26/1 still means a loss (that is just an example).

So lets see some stats please - longterm not just one race or one day. We don't want tomorrow's selection, if we did we'd pay for them.
Makes me very wary and others too, when people won't post TOTAL past results.

Bruce Joyce (Guest)
06-11-02, 02:36 AM
Hitman, That example you gave is absolule rot,you're smarter than that.Winning Edge ratings MELBOURNE CUP DAY.Ratings only without the prices.
MELBOURNE
Race 1 17 7 18 19
Race 2 2 1 9 15 11 14
Race 3 4 10 1 15 3 9
Race 4 2 4 3 8 15 7
Race 5 5 7 2 3 16 8
Race 6 1 9 3 2 4 5
R7 cup 20 24 22 18 14 9
Race 8 14 5 16 8 9 6
Race 9 13 9 4 5 8 14
Race 10 3 11 10 4 1 8

Hitman (Guest)
06-11-02, 11:54 AM
How is this rot, I ask???

You gave Melbourne Cup only selections - there were no selections on other meetings anywhere?
Then how come "people" keep posting winner after winner in every State ?

Hitman (Guest)
06-11-02, 12:14 PM
>Hitman, That example you gave is
>absolule rot,you're smarter than that.Winning
>Edge ratings MELBOURNE CUP DAY.Ratings
>only without the prices.
>MELBOURNE
>Race 1 17
>7 18 19
>
>Race 2 2
>1 9 15
> 11 14
>Race 3 4
>10 1
>15 3 9
>
>Race 4 2
>4 3 8
> 15 7
>Race 5 5
>7 2 3
> 16 8
>Race 6 1
>9 3 2
> 4 5
>R7 cup 20
>24 22 18
> 14 9
>Race 8 14
>5 16 8
> 9 6
>Race 9 13
>9 4 5
> 8 14
>Race 10 3 11
> 10 4
>1 8
55 Selections (less scratchings)
5 Winners
Strike Rate 9.09%
Win Dividends $38.70
Winners
Hey Pronto $4.20
Empress Waltz $14.20
Dantana $8.20
Tarcoola Diamond $6.10
Media Puzzle $6.00
Outlay 55 units
Return $38.70
Loss 16.30 Units
29.64% LOSS ON TURNOVER!!!!

Absolute rot? - you got that right!

Bruce Joyce (Guest)
06-11-02, 01:53 PM
Hitman, These ratings are $11 for 4 states.I was a bit wary putting any on this site without permission. I only picked Melbourne as they are nearly impossible cup day to see how your tips would go against the ratings.After the 1st pick winning in race 3 at $14 no more bets were needed.I made a big profit on the day not a 16 unit loss.Anyone backing the 6 selections in every race will naturally lose as you know.Anybody who does that needs to learn and understand a few betting principles before they have another bet.

Hitman (Guest)
06-11-02, 07:40 PM
If it the ratings don't win level stakes betting then it's a longterm losing system.
I'm glad you won today, but sooner or later you're going to hit a bad patch and then what?

It's like betting the favourite to win and doubling up - sooner or later the srtike rate and average dividend will let you down -even if you won today.

Grey Fox (Guest)
07-11-02, 06:20 AM
>55 Selections (less scratchings)
>5 Winners
>Strike Rate 9.09%
>Outlay 55 units
>Return $38.70
>Loss 16.30 Units
>29.64% LOSS ON TURNOVER!!!!
>
>Absolute rot? - you got that
>right!

And that is ignoring the fact that in five out of the ten races they couldn't even pick the winner with SIX selections! You could do better using a 2c pin rather than paying $11 for the selections. But of course now we will get all the excuses in the world about how that was just a bad day for the ratings -- but still no longterm statistics for the selections.

Bye for now,
Grey Fox

dinodog (Guest)
07-11-02, 02:43 PM
hi bruce

it seems to me, all hitman, or anyone else is asking, is, show "ALL THE RULES AND THE SELECTIONS" prior to the event. that is not too hard, even for just one day or track. then rave on about the great selections if they exist. if this can't be done, then stop posting on this subject.

it seems quite clear to me that no one ( including me) ( not that that would worry you) is listening to your ravings, of after the event success.

regards

dinodog

ps the only convincing argument, can be prior knowledge of rules and selections

Hitman (Guest)
07-11-02, 06:48 PM
dinodog,

I'm not even asking for prior selections - just longterm stats!

Nobody will provide accurate ones, so I guess we got our answer.

Bruce Joyce (Guest)
08-11-02, 02:43 AM
dinodog, I am unable to tell you rules on how to use ratings. Everyone uses them in different ways for all types of betting. While most people bet win or each way others have quinellas , trifectas, and other forms of exotic betting.Some people would back the ratings from number 1 down while others would prefer to back the overlays which is how ratings are meant to be used.10 people could use them 10 different ways which is the reason why some win some don't.A friend of mine has UNI TAB trebles only and couples 6*6*6 and has won a fortune on them. HITMAN has never used ratings in my opinion.No one would ever back the six rated horses in one race unless the prices were well in excess of the rated prices.In most races there are only 2 or 3 that are over the rated price.His talk about doubling up on favorites is correct, same story no value you will go broke.Value betting is the only way to win over time.Betting is a business and has to be run like one unless you will lose your money.Ratings are not spot on all the time and can have off days just like everything else.There are odd days that any business will not make a profit, you have to look at the big picture. WINNING EDGE RATINGS 7/11/02
HAWKESBURY R1 1:10 900M
2 JASHER 20/1
4 ROYAL TENOR 8/1
5 SUR NOSLE 50/1
6 MISHERE 6/4
7 RUSTIC BUB 2/1
8 ROBINA 15/1
RATINGS: 6 7 4 8 2 5
HAWKESBURY R2 1:55 1200M
1 TWELVE OAKS OSCAR 4/1
3 COSIMO 30/1
4 CONCITARE 40/1
5 SAMOVAR 1/1
6 FILM 20/1
7 HOOTMAN 25/1
RATINGS: 5 1 6 7 3 4
HAWKESBURY R3 2:40 1200M
3 LA FLEUR 7/2
4 REGAL STATE 3/1
5 BRAVE PLAYER 30/1
6 CROWN PRINCE 6/4
7 INVINCIBLE 8/1
8 TIME TO HUNT 30/1
RATINGS: 6 4 3 7 8 5
HAWKESBURY R4 3:25 1400M
1 FETTLE 2/1
3 JADE DREAM 20/1
4 FIL THE BILL 7/1
5 BARABELLA 10/1
7 HOVER 12/1
10 ECHO LAD 4/1
RATINGS: 1 10 4 5 3 7
HAWKESBURY R5 4:10 1800M
1 MITIGATE 6/1
2 PIAMBONG ROAD 3/1
3 CAN YOU DANCE 8/1
5 DISTORT 7/1
6 DUKE OF ALBA 10/1
7 PRINCESS ADELAIDE 4/1
RATINGS: 2 7 1 5 3 6
HAWKESBURY R6 4:55 1600M
1 JIMMY THE BEAR 6/1
3 IRELAND 6/1
4 MOOKTANUS 5/2
5 ERIN BEE 6/1
6 SALAD 10/1
7 JINALI 8/1
RATINGS: 4 1 3 5 7 6
HAWKESBURY R7 5:37 1300M
1 ARLINGTON ROAD 7/2
2 SHAGS 8/1
4 SHOCKEROO 6/1
6 ROYAL CIRCLE 5/1
9 FREIBY 10/1
10 RINEHART 6/1
RATINGS: 1 6 10 4 2 9
HAWKESBURY R8 6:15 1200M
1 MAC'S SUCCESS 5/2
3 THROUGH 6/1
5 PURE AND HONEST 3/1
7 KID COMBO 10/1
10 EHORSE 8/1
11 LA FERAL 8/1
RATINGS: 1 5 3 10 11 7

LOOK FOR VALUE PRICES EXCEEDING THE RATED PRICE. NEVER BET UNDER 2/1 AND BET CONSISTENTLY. The object is to win, the amount is of less importance.
Donít let greed ruin a profitable day.

Be careful in races with several first starters with undisclosed form which have no ratings.
WINNING EDGE RATINGS 1902 248 100
( Telads FAX call cost $11 fixed )

RACE TIMES LOCAL TIMES.
FLEMINGTON R1 11:20 1000M
1 CARLTON SPIRIT 2/1
2 RINKY DINK 3/1
3 ARENA STAR 5/2
5 CHICKS IN CHARGE 8/1
RATINGS: 1 3 2 5
FLEMINGTON R2 12:00 1800M
1 BEAVER 10/1
2 LIVE THEATRE 6/1
3 ANACARDE 5/1
9 PERLIN 6/1
10 RIBE 2/1
11 UNVANQUISHED 8/1
RATINGS: 10 3 2 9 11 1
FLEMINGTON R3 12:45 1400M
1 SUZY GREY 6/1
6 BRIDAL HILL 7/1
9 CELESTIA 5/1
11 BELLE PRINCESS 10/1
13 LADY CAY 10/1
16 PROVOKES 4/1
RATINGS: 16 9 1 6 11 13
FLEMINGTON R4 1:30 1200M
2 RED LABELLE 10/1
3 BRITISH 4/1
4 DUAL SPARK 6/1
7 MISS MARION 8/1
11 DANCING HILL 8/1
12 SENSATIONAL SPOT 5/1
RATINGS: 3 12 4 7 11 2
FLEMINGTON R5 2:15 1400M
1 LEMONADE PARADE 6/1
2 SILVER BIRCH 6/1
3 LORD ERIN 3/1
5 WYNDAM ALL 12/1
7 KELSTEIN 10/1
9 ACHIEVED 14/1
RATINGS: 3 1 2 7 5 9
FLEMINGTON R6 3:00 2500M
1 MACEDON LADY 4/1
2 HIEROGRAM 4/1
3 LASHED 5/1
5 SOPRANA 8/1
6 IT'S WHO DEANIE 12/1
9 BULLA BORGHESE 3/1
RATINGS: 9 2 1 3 5 6
FLEMINGTON R7 3:45 1200M
1 FALVELON 4/1
2 MISTEGIC 8/1
3 INTELLIGENT STAR 6/1
5 SPINNING HILL 3/1
6 CHOISIR 10/1
7 PLANCHET 8/1
RATINGS: 5 1 3 7 2 6
FLEMINGTON R8 4:30 1600M
1 EKALAKA 10/1
2 ENERGY ABOUNDS 2/1
11 BAGATRIX 10/1
12 ZINIDAN 5/1
13 DEALS 5/1
16 WORTH THE WAIT 12/1
RATINGS: 2 12 13 1 11 16
FLEMINGTON R9 5:15 1800M
3 VARSILAYOS 3/1
4 AS YOU WOULD 5/1
13 IíM NOTTI 8/1
14 LOIRE VALLEY 10/1
15 MOOBALL 6/1
16 TRANSFERRAL 10/1
RATINGS: 3 4 15 13 14 16

CHECK TAB NUMBERS BEFORE BETTING.

Grey Fox (Guest)
08-11-02, 03:44 AM
> WINNING EDGE RATINGS 7/11/02
> HAWKESBURY R1 1:10 900M
>
>
>FLEMINGTON R1 11:20 1000M
>

I can save you all a lot of money then -- buy Price Predictor Pro and take out a subscription to the TVF form files right here on CyberHorse -- that is what this guy is using to calculate his ratings -- mine are almost identical! You can get a free demo version of Price Predictor from http://www.capitalinfo.com.au and the TVF form costs me $81 per quarter for EVERY race held in Australia every week. As a bonus you also get the Tote Pro and System Selector modules included with most versions of the program now, so you will save yourself hundreds of dollars and you can customise the ratings to suit yourself. And if anyone wants long term stats then I would be HAPPY to give you whatever you need!

Bye for now,
Grey Fox

Hitman (Guest)
08-11-02, 09:49 AM
Thanks Grey Fox - that's what I thought.

To Bruce -

Yes I have used ratings, but I do my own and back the overlays out of only 2 selections per race. If it doesn't qualify as an overlay I stay away from the race.

I don't give out tips - nor do I charge for information, I just couldn't justify giving other punters 6 selections in a race.

Grey Fox (Guest)
08-11-02, 10:52 AM
>Thanks Grey Fox - that's what
>I thought.

Before the touts even get here, yes the ratings picked Bulla Borghese on top -- my rated price was 3/1. Interesting thing was that the Flemington ratings on Tuesday were NOTHING like mine, which makes me wonder whether the author changed tack after Tuesday's abortion. Guess we will never know because the touts aren't in much of a hurry to supply any REAL figures, just boast about the big priced winners.

Bye for now,
Grey Fox

dinodog (Guest)
09-11-02, 08:15 AM
hi

thankyou for posting those ratings

it would appear the ratings are similar to ppp, and to probably many other similar sets (davo, cr2000 etc) although on the results from hawkesbury, i'd say ppp is as good, if not better and a damned sight less expensive. that ofcourse is my opinion only and we would need to put together a heap of results to prove anything conclusivley. i do feel though, that in the end we won't find too much difference. the winning is in the way you choose to use the info. whether you start with a full field and whittle to one starter, or many, we are all faced with the same contenders and in general the same info to do battle with

regards

mal

Grey Fox (Guest)
09-11-02, 10:57 AM
>it would appear the ratings are
>similar to ppp, and to
>probably many other similar sets
>(davo, cr2000 etc) although on
>the results from hawkesbury, i'd
>say ppp is as good,
>if not better and a
>damned sight less expensive.

I would agree with you on that. But I just wanted to make one point about Greg's CR2000 ratings -- unlike most other ratings methods which are mostly based on class or times, the CR2000 ratings are based on a horse's consistency at distance, track, in today's class, etc -- the CR actually stands for Consistency Ratings. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are any better or worse than others, but the very fact that they are DIFFERENT does help to make them a bit more profitable.

Bye for now,
Grey Fox

Grey Fox (Guest)
09-11-02, 11:13 AM
>
>To Bruce -
>
>Yes I have used ratings, but
>I do my own and
>back the overlays out of
>only 2 selections per race.
>If it doesn't qualify as
>an overlay I stay away
>from the race.
>
>I don't give out tips -
>nor do I charge for
>information, I just couldn't justify
>giving other punters 6 selections
>in a race.

While in principle I agree with you about only backing the value runners in the first two or three of your ratings, given the amount of mug money around at this time of year it is often worthwhile going a bit deeper.

Anyway, just so that the touts can't accuse me of copying their ratings, here are my early top six ratings for the main races at Flemington tomorrow, subject to scratchings and sudden weather changes of course. We will see how similar the $11 tips are.
:-)

FLEMINGTON R6 09/11/2002 3:15
Emirates Stks *63* 1600m
1 Excellerator 15/1 (2.3 lengths)
2 Royal Code 10/1 (1.3 lengths)
5 Pernod 5/1 (0.0 lengths)
7 Gordo 10/1 (1.3 lengths)
8 Scenic Peak 14/1 (2.2 lengths)
14 Purple Groove 9/1 (1.1 lengths)

FLEMINGTON R7 09/11/2002 3:55
Village Roadshow Wltr *55* 2000m
2 Burleigh 10/1 (3.3 lengths)
3 Forest Jim 4/1 (1.5 lengths)
5 British Buska 12/1 (3.7 lengths)
7 Yo Yo Ma 13/8 (0.0 lengths)
9 Teerex 11/1 (3.4 lengths)
14 Medipal 40/1 (5.5 lengths)

FLEMINGTON R8 09/11/2002 4:35
Queen Elizabeth Stks *58* 2500m
1 Hey Pronto 5/1 (0.0 lengths)
3 Spirit Of Westbury 10/1 (1.4 lengths)
7 Piachay 9/1 (1.2 lengths)
9 Makybe Diva 15/1 (2.3 lengths)
13 Lester Thunderwing 11/1 (1.4 lengths)
14 Old Tawny 20/1 (2.6 lengths)

FLEMINGTON R9 09/11/2002 5:15
Carnival Wltr *56* 1400m
2 Debrief 16/1 (3.4 lengths)
3 Super Impressive 13/2 (1.1 lengths)
4 To Be Fair 15/4 (0.0 lengths)
6 Flavour 14/1 (3.0 lengths)
18 Rimmer 12/1 (2.5 lengths)
19 House Guest 11/1 (2.4 lengths)

And here are a couple of specials for those that just want to be spoonfed. :-)

SYSTEM SELECTOR REPORT FOR: 09/11/2002
Created by Price Predictor at 16:28:39 on 08/11/2002

09/11/2002 RANDWICK
SR 3 # 2 23x1 BUMPTIOUS 6/4

09/11/2002 FLEMINGTON
MR 3 # 3 3951 PALIDAMAH 9/4
09/11/2002 FLEMINGTON
MR 9 # 4 2091 TO BE FAIR 15/4

09/11/2002 ASCOT
WR 1 # 1 1111 VAIN ZOE 6/4

Vain Zoe is something special -- it has now won five straight, so the bubble has to burst sooner or later but it just keeps winning so I just keep backing it. :-)

09/11/2002 MORPHETTVILLE
AR 3 # 1 4113 NADEN 9/4

And a couple of roughies for the each-way punters.

09/11/2002 DOOMBEN
BR 4 # 6 6212 TETHYS' TROJAN

09/11/2002 FLEMINGTON
MR 4 # 2 x215 COBAMUSE

There you go people -- save your $11 and buy a couple of beers with it. Good luck to all.

Grey Fox

the dog man (Guest)
09-11-02, 01:00 PM
grey fox, i have just downloaded the 2 lots of ratings i will be using tomorrow.the selections are almost identical in most races which shows they are probably working on a similar base.the w/e ratings from races 6/9 melb are listed.i didnt know this site existed and always use racing and sports.i think i will change venues as the talkback is more lively and positive here.
FLEMINGTON R6 3:15 1600M
1 EXCELLERATOR 4/1
2 ROYAL CODE 5/1
5 PERNOD 5/1
7 GORDO 10/1
14 PURPLE GROOVE 10/1
16 ZVEZDA 8/1
RATINGS: 1 5 2 16 14 7
FLEMINGTON R7 3:55 2000M
2 BURLEIGH 10/1
3 FOREST JIM 4/1
5 BRITISH BUSKA 8/1
7 YO YO MA 3/1
9 TEEREX 8/1
10 VITELLI 10/1
RATINGS: 7 3 5 9 10 2
FLEMINGTON R8 4:35 2500M
1 HEY PRONTO 4/1
2 EAGLE RHYTHM 10/1
3 SPIRIT OF WESTBURY 10/1
7 PIACHAY 8/1
9 MAKYBE DIVA 5/1
13 LESTER THUNDERWING 8/1
RATINGS: 1 9 13 7 2 3
FLEMINGTON R9 5:15 1400M
2 DEBRIEF 6/1
3 SUPER IMPRESSIVE 8/1
4 TO BE FAIR 6/1
7 GREEN PICK 8/1
8 SQUILLANI 4/1
14 GERONIMO RUN 12/1
RATINGS: 8 2 4 7 3 14
good luck saturday to all.the races have been that hard lately i dont know any punter who is winning.

the dog man (Guest)
10-11-02, 06:53 PM
when i use the ratings i can not come at 6 selections and never go past the first 3 at the most. todays wash up of the TOP 3 rated horses are
price predictor 11 winners
winning edge 16 winners
this is giving pp credit for equal 3rd selection in race 1 sydney rated at 600/1 and won paying $6 when winning edge had only 2 selections. the best winner from winning edge was top rated at 3/1 yogis edition paid $14 and not rated in pp top 6.
the suparatings had 10 winners in the top3 but did not rate 4 races.
i have been using superform for 2 years and am suprised by the poor results recently.these ratings are known throught australia for their accuracy and are produced by a ratings genius. for some reason the results lately are shockers with 0 winners fron 15 SR super rated last week and saturday 26 super rated for only 2 winners at $2.50 and $1.60.has anyone been using superform long term, and what are your thoughts.

Hitman (Guest)
11-11-02, 06:53 PM
Surprisingly quiet around here these days since the ratings were exposed by Grey Fox.

Good on you.

I'll post my top three for free here on Saturday for each race (Melbourne only)just so you can see how you can do it all yourself. I won't give rated prices as it all depends on scratchings etc - I'll just give the top three chances I rate in each race for free - and no I won't be asking for fees later on! LOL.

Last weekend Scenic Peak was my third pick over Excellerator and Royal Code. Makybe Diva and Mr. Magoo were second picks. Just for an example.

Festival Hall (Guest)
11-11-02, 11:59 PM
Your tips are welcome.
Your selections were different to Greyfox's?
Do you also use pp pro?
Thank You

Hitman (Guest)
12-11-02, 05:09 AM
Hi Festival Hall,

Yes my tips are different to Grey Fox's - his are pretty good though, but there's always more than one way to skin a cat.
My tips concentrate more on RECENT performance and latest class runs.
In other words - Excellerator was number 1
Royal Code was number 2
Scenic Peak was number 3
I have my own formula for working it out - I don't use PPP although it's very good, I like to do it manually as their are often marginal decisions to be made.

Just for interest sake, here is the order for the whole field..
Excellerator***
Royal Code***
Scenic Peak*
Umrum
Gordo
Weasel Will
Strategic Image
Purple Groove
Hosannah
El Nino
Crawl
Kabila
Paris Heartbeat
Mr. Lofty
Zvezda
The Big Ask

As you can see horses like Mr. Lofty and Zvezda were well under the odds and ran pretty much according to my calculations, but Crawl was a surprise placing. Royal Code and Excellerator were standouts compared to the rest of the field and Scenic Peak and Umrum were the next best group for value.

Hope this helps.

Hitman (Guest)
12-11-02, 06:32 AM
Also in the Queen Elizabeth the top three were...

Eagle Rhythm
Hey Pronto
Makybe Diva

No good singing after the fact, so we'll see how it goes this Saturday.

Grey Fox (Guest)
12-11-02, 07:39 AM
>Surprisingly quiet around here these days
>since the ratings were exposed
>by Grey Fox.

Yes, I noticed that things were a lot quieter all of a sudden. :-)

>I'll post my top three for
>free here on Saturday for
>each race (Melbourne only)just so
>you can see how you
>can do it all yourself.

That was the point that I was trying to make. I wasn't trying to bignote myself or slag off at the people who sell the ratings, just that you could save a lot of money in the long run by doing it yourself, in all probability do just as good a job AND get the satisfaction and reassurance of knowing exactly how the ratings are calculated because you did it yourself.

When I first started punting seriously in the late 60s I used the latest cutting edge technology -- index cards in a shoebox for a horse database, and a printed form to calculate my ratings. The real cutting edge stuff was using different coloured pens for winning runs, placed runs and unplaced but good runs -- unheard of at the time. Gradually I transferred the ratings calculations and database maintainence onto computers, but stuck with my original rating method until fairly recently -- if it aint broke, why fix it? :-)

Because of time restraints I now use Price Predictor Pro Gold v2 to process the TVF 5-start form plus barrier trials, then I apply a number of filters which I have set up in PPP's System Selector to give me a number of bets each day. The reason that I went for PPP after testing all the alternatives was the amount of customisation available, the variety of form file inputs it accepts and various reports builtin, and of course the more realistic price of the PPP/TVF combination. And I would heartily recommend the combination to anyone looking for a semi-automatic method of calculating their own ratings.

>I won't give rated prices
>as it all depends on
>scratchings etc - I'll just
>give the top three chances
>I rate in each race
>for free - and no
>I won't be asking for
>fees later on! LOL.

That's fair enough -- if anyone else wants to join in then the more the merrier. Hopefully we can show people that you DON'T need to pay $10 or $11 per day for someone else's ratings. And if people want to discuss how they calculate their ratings then that would be a great help to most of the newer people out there as well.

Bye for now,
Grey Fox

Bruce Joyce (Guest)
12-11-02, 02:21 PM
Grey Fox and Hitman,
After the weekends racing I have seen 7 lots of ratings and none were anywhere near as good as the Winning Edge. They had 16 winners in the top 3 selections and YOGIS EDITION top rated at 3/1 was not mentioned in any other ratings.
You pair as the greatest rubbishers God put breath into but results speak louder than words.
Every dog has his day.Good Luck.

Hitman (Guest)
12-11-02, 04:03 PM
I thought we'd get a response like that.
Very interesting, that if Bruce was using the ratings with success and not trying to pedal them for free on this forum, he'd certainly post longterm selection strike rates, average dividends etc.

I mean he is only supposed to be helping others???

So what is with all the secrecy!

And te "results speak louder than words" that's my point so where are these miraculous results? Why not post how many selections, how many winners and dividends - but I guess he doesn't practice what he preaches.

zeditave (Guest)
12-11-02, 05:13 PM
I think it's more to do with the fact that average punters are too lazy to keep detailed stats on their bets.

zeditave (Guest)
12-11-02, 05:16 PM
>I'll post my top three for free here on Saturday for each race >(Melbourne only)just so you can see how you can do it all >yourself. I won't give rated prices as it all depends on >scratchings etc - I'll just give the top three chances I rate >in each race for free

Ever considered the fact that the rated prices are actually the most important part of the whole system??

Hitman (Guest)
12-11-02, 06:19 PM
If you are betting to prices, then yes it is - I am just giving a demonstration for interest sake. It's no use having a horse rated as a 6/1 chance, the odds available are 100/1 so you back it - at the end of the day the horses have to win to provide profits.
After all if one horse wins out of 200, rated at 6/1 and the odds available are 100/1 then you lose!

Festival Hall (Guest)
13-11-02, 07:25 AM
"PPP's System Selector to give me a number of bets each day"

Greyfox,
does this mean you don't use it (PPP) to rate 5-6 horses in a race but just go for a single selection in certain races?
Your idea of discussing or helping would be very helpful as you mentioned
Bye

Bruce Joyce (Guest)
13-11-02, 03:14 PM
Hitman, Unfortunately I have lost most of the selection sheets due to a computer malfunction, causing me to have my hard drive formatted to remedy this problem.I did not get them from day 1 and am not sure how long they have been operating.I only have them for the last few weeks but I do know that I have been winning with them.
Most people don't keep proper statistics on their betting whether winning or losing. You must finally agree with me on this point.

Hitman (Guest)
13-11-02, 03:51 PM
I sympathise with the computer problem Bruce, as I lost an extensive database which cost me a whole month of winners I reckon - it was only after they crossed the line I realised that they would have been selections. I invested in a CD burner around $150.00 and now do a daily backup which costs me about $1.00 a day for the CD. Cheap when you consider what's at stake.

As far as records go - I keep an excel spreadsheet of EVERY bet which calculates strike rate, average dividend, profit, profit on turnover etc.
I think its essential to any punter's toolkit. (Tool of trade).
If you think you're ahead - quite often in black and white it's a huge shock. It has the potential to set off early alarm bells when things take a turn for the worse.
I know many punters only remember the good wins or perhaps even the very bad runs, it's only human nature.

Just some advice for what it's worth.

zeditave (Guest)
13-11-02, 09:36 PM
Great, so you're going to pick every odds-on or unders shot on the card...

As Steve Moran says "Value - you can't eat it, but you must have it in order to survive"

Hitman (Guest)
14-11-02, 03:47 AM
Zeditave who mentioned anything remotely related to odds on shots????
Surely you jest.
I merely can't provide prices because scratchings etc can dramatically change the whole complexion af a race.
Something that was previously rated a 6/1 chance with three scratchings can firm to 7/2 depending.

There is also the point that there are value runners at even money, and value runners at 50/1 or better. The skill is to recognize when a horse is true value and when it is not.
There are runners that are no value at 50/1 and no value at even money.
My point was simply there is no point backing horses simply because of price 10/1 or 50/1, it's simply no value if the horse has a rated chance of 20/1 or 100/1+.
I suspect you think EVERY odds on or even money chance is not value - think again. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.
Many odds on horses are no value at $1.40 on the tote but are value at $1.80 with the bookies.

zeditave (Guest)
15-11-02, 04:54 PM
Not at all, Hitman - every runner has their price, and the difference between the true price and what's available determines the value. I rarely venture into odds-on, well shorter than 1.75 anyway, but you're right, if a horse should be 1.40 according to your ratings and it's paying 1.80, then it is value - and fairly substantial too since it's a 16% difference in price.

Grey Fox (Guest)
16-11-02, 10:35 AM
>"PPP's System Selector to give me
>a number of bets each
>day"
>
>Greyfox,
>does this mean you don't use
>it (PPP) to rate 5-6
>horses in a race but
>just go for a single
>selection in certain races?
>Your idea of discussing or helping
>would be very helpful as
>you mentioned

Time is a problem for me nowadays, so what I do is to download the form files from TVF (I have just finished downloading Sat, Sun and Mon) and import them all into PPP which calculates ratings for all horses in each race as it imports the form.

Then for most ordinary meetings I print out the Top Six Report and the In-Running Reports (one of my suggestions to Neale, I might add!). I go through the top six horses to see if there are any standouts, or whether the rated prices are telling me that the race is a no-go.

When I have done that, I go through the InRunning Report to see [a] whether a horse will be fit enough to win today, and [b] where its favoured position in running is, and whether or not it is likely to get there. From here I can also do some rudimentary racemapping.

Then I also run the data through about ten or so filters, or systems if you like, which also give me a number of specials for the day. The beauty of PPP is that all of this has taken me next to no time, and all I have done is click a few buttons!

Most of the time I can't get to the races anymore, so I bet with IASBet -- I can put my bets on early online, and choose between a fixed price or a better than TAB dividend. If I do get time to go to the track then I take the Top Six Report (or the full Field Report if it is a big meeting) and look for value amongst my top two or three horses, or further down if it is a big race like the Doncaster, Epsom, etc because there is often good value right down to about sixth or so in the bigger races. Even at the track, I will look for my rated prices with my specials too.

That's basically the way I am doing it at the moment, but I have to admit I still get withdrawal symptoms from time to time from not doing my own ratings. But I don't have the time to do my own properly now, and I know that PPP does just as good a job of calculating their ratings, even if they are a bit different to mine. And I am also looking into an exacta strategy with taking my specials as standouts with the top six rated horses in the race which is looking really good so far on paper. I should be confident enough about it to start betting in cold cash by January.

I hope that that is some help to you, but bear in mind that it is just one man's method, there are literally dozens of ways that you can use PPP to make a quid, it all depends on what you want, and what sort of punter you are.

Bye for now,
Grey Fox

Grey Fox (Guest)
21-11-02, 03:44 AM
>> WINNING EDGE RATINGS 7/11/02
>> HAWKESBURY R1 1:10 900M
>>
>>
>>FLEMINGTON R1 11:20 1000M
>>
>
>I can save you all a
>lot of money then --
>buy Price Predictor Pro and
>take out a subscription to
>the TVF form files right
>here on CyberHorse -- that
>is what this guy is
>using to calculate his ratings
>-- mine are almost identical!

At the risk of re-opening this entire thread, I just wanted to correct a couple of points I made here. The Winning Edge ratings ARE compiled using Price Predictor Pro, but the 'guy' who compiles them is in fact a woman -- Janice Crawford!

For those who want to know exactly how she creates them, she has written a book explaining the method in full detail, but basically what she does is import the formfiles, filter the runners into contenders and non-contenders using the method she outlines in her book, then marks each non-contender as a 'scratching' -- PPP then automatically recalculates the prices for only the three, four or so contenders.

On Melbourne Cup day the ratings were nearly identical because most horses in most races were genuine contenders, but normal racedays the selections and their prices would be different to the normal PPP ratings.

By way of contrition for forgetting that Janice is a woman, I will give her a free plug -- she has started writing a monthly column in Practical Punting Monthly again as of this month, so you all can read about her ideas in there.

But my original point still stands -- why pay anything from $10-50 per day for selections, no matter how good or bad they may be, when you can do it yourself, know exactly how they are compiled, have the satisfaction of knowing that they are all your own work, AND save yourself heaps of money in the process!

Bye for now,
Grey Fox

the dog man (Guest)
24-11-02, 03:54 AM
winning edge ratings top 3 only
CAULFIELD R1 12:30 1400M
1 PRIME CENTURY 5/2
2 APPLICANT 5/2
3 POWER SURGE 5/1
CAULFIELD R2 1:10 1000M
1 CROSS CURRENT 2/1
9 CANNYOPRA 3/1
2 WARDROOM 4/1
CAULFIELD R3 1:50 1100M
5 SACRED HILL 3/1
3 GAZANIA 7/2
2 BRITISH LION 4/1
CAULFIELD R4 2:30 1800M
4 AIRLIE BIRD 3/1
3 SELF INTEREST 7/1
10 SOPHIE PRINCESS 8/1
CAULFIELD R5 3:10 2020M
2 RESTLESS 4/1
6 DAMASCHINO 6/1
1 THONG CLASSIC 6/1
CAULFIELD R6 3:50 1200M
7 SIR CHUCKLE 2/1
1 SUPER IMPRESSIVE 4/1
3 PANORAMA HEIGHTS 6/1
CAULFIELD R7 4:30 1400M
1 GREEN PICK 3/1
2 BURGLAR 4/1
13 WALK ON AIR 6/1
CAULFIELD R8 5:10 1400M
1 PROVOKES 5/2
5 GRANNIAH 4/1
3 WOODWINA 5/1

the dog man (Guest)
26-11-02, 01:54 AM
results saturday 23/11/02

suparatings 18 winners----10 in the top 3
winning edge 21 winners---12 in the top 3
superform SR super rated selections 12 selections----0 winners

very tough day

the dog man (Guest)
07-12-02, 05:15 PM
Winning Edge Ratings 7/12/02 TOP 3 ONLY
SANDOWN R1 12:30 1200M
4 STRIKING CHARGE 2/1
2 STEP AHEAD 5/2
6 ENTHUSIAST 4/1
SANDOWN R2 1:10 1200M
1 KIDMAN 4/1
7 ETOILE WEST 4/1
3 OTTAVIA 5/1
SANDOWN R3 1:50 1400M
6 UNCLE SPEED 3/1
8 SPIN DANCER 4/1
3 MYCENAE 5/1
SANDOWN R4 2:30 1400M
1 SUPER IMPRESSIVE 3/1
4 PROVOKES 5/1
3 DESTRUCTION POINT 6/1
SANDOWN R5 3:10 1200M
12 PHINROW 7/2
5 PARADISE BLUE 4/1
3 RED DRAGON 5/1
SANDOWN R6 3:50 1400M
5 TSUNAMI SMYTZER 3/1
1 MRS. TENDULKAR 5/1
4 RICH RUBY RED 6/1
SANDOWN R7 4:30 2175M
4 MERLIN'S LAW 3/1
1 VARSILAYOS 4/1
3 DOT COM 5/1
SANDOWN R8 5:10 1600M
5 DINAAR 3/1
2 CLASSIC BENBARA 4/1
1 GERONIMO RUN 5/1

the dog man (Guest)
08-12-02, 03:01 AM
winning edge update race 4 melb all early selections scratched

melb race 4
9 future perfect 4/1
5 palace chief 5/1
6 paternal 6/1
happy punting bet consistently. don't be greedy

the dog man (Guest)
09-12-02, 02:13 PM
saturday results

suparatings 22 winners in the numbers,16 winners in the top 3,best price on top selection DISTRACTION $6
winning edge 26 winners in the numbers, 18 winners in the top 3,best price on top selection VICTORY RANGER $9
SUPERFORM 19 SR selections 2 winners best price winner $3

Dire Straits (Guest)
10-12-02, 12:12 AM
Thanks for posting the results Dogman.
Superform is going bad isnt it? Maybe the reason is what has been mentioned on this forum.
Just shows its very hard to replace experience.
Take care
DS

THE DOG MAN (Guest)
15-12-02, 02:20 AM
WINNING EDGE RATINGS TOP 3 ONLY 14/12/2002
FIELD SIZES DISGRACEFUL.

SANDOWN R1 12:30 1400M
1 RIVER WOMAN 5/4
2 FOR THE GOOD TIMES 4/1
3 OTTAVIA 6/1
SANDOWN R2 1:10 1200M
7 JOLIE FILLE 2/1
2 CYBERIAD 5/1
4 TRICOLOURS 5/1
SANDOWN R3 1:50 1600M
7 KINGDOM OF STARS 3/1
1 IRISH JESTER 4/1
3 ANTI MIYAKI 5/1
SANDOWN R4 2:30 1600M
5 DINAAR 7/2
4 LEGEND OF ACE 4/1
2 GERONIMO RUN 4/1
SANDOWN R5 3:10 1200M
8 SIR CHUCKLE 4/1
9 DOLPHIN DANCE 5/1
1 SUPER IMPRESSIVE 6/1
SANDOWN R6 3:50 1400M
4 PROVOKES 3/1
1 DESTRUCTION POINT 4/1
5 PALARIS 5/1
SANDOWN R7 4:30 2400M
1 VARSILAYOS 2/1
2 AS YOU WOULD 4/1
9 GO COMMANDO 6/1
SANDOWN R8 5:10 1600M
1 SUNDIATA 3/1
5 WHITE MIST 5/1
7 MY FRAARLEIN 6/1

the dog man (Guest)
17-12-02, 07:50 AM
SUPARATINGS RESULTS NOT POSTED ON WEBPAGE
WINNING EDGE RATINGS 23 WINNERS IN THE NUMBERS
15 WINNERS IN THE TOP 3 RATED. BEST PRICE TOP RATED RAGNAR RATED AT 3/1 PAID $9, RAHERA TOP RATED 3/1 PAID $8.
BEST PRICED OVERLAY FOX HELIOS 8/1 PAID $30
Superform SR super rated 16 selections for 2 winners .Best price Destruction Point $6.
Winning MARGIN Ratings 7 races rated 7 winners in the numbers but 10 selections in some races. Best winner top rated AWESOME KNIGHT $5.30

Dire Straits (Guest)
18-12-02, 08:04 AM
Dogman,
Don't get me wrong here mate as Im not being critical at all. Do you purchase all these rating methods? How to you sift through all that chaft to find the hay?
Really hope your winning as your ex's must be extrodinary. Seems Superform is still hitting the brickwall.
Thanks for the leg up on all your service purchases.
regards
DS

THE DOG MAN (Guest)
18-12-02, 02:41 PM
Suparatings results for Saturday 23 winners in the numbers
14 winners in the top 3 ratings. Best price top rated winners
Rahera $8 and Airlie bird $8.
Dire Straits,
I have purchased Superform for over 20 years and can't beleive how bad the SR selections are going.I usually buy about 3 or 4 ratings services each saturday and only got the winning edge ratings as they were very good the first few times i used them and my mate who buys Suparatings said they were far superior.
Saturday is the first day in the last 3 months when the Suparatings could be classed as being better.Suparatings have no rated prices which i think is a disadvantage.
Most ratings services seem to be going through a time period when things are pretty tough.Most services seem to find their share of winners and are a great guide if you are short on time for form study.Punting is a tough pastime but I enjoy it and win nearly every saturday.I find the secret of winning with ratings is to have small bets as there is nothing worse than being broke and missing the $50 winner that comes along.I just wish the winning edge ratings were produced every day and not just saturdays as the value bets are unreal on the bush meetings which the pros don't bet on.

the dog man (Guest)
21-12-02, 01:53 PM
winning edge ratings saturday 21/12/02 adelaide top 3 only
VICTORIA PARK R1 12:30 2200M
4 YOUNG BEAUTY 2/1
7 FREELANCE 4/1
2 CROWNED SERDAR 5/1
VICTORIA PARK R2 1:10 1000M
2 OUR SHORT STOP 2/1
8 PURRUSAL 8/1
1 MR JAY VEE 15/1
VICTORIA PARK R3 1:50 1250M
1 LETA 2/1
3 SPUNKIE 2/1
2 LUANDA STAR 6/1
VICTORIA PARK R4 2:30 1800M
4 SIMPLY MAGICAL 3/1
1 ELEPHANT ROCK 4/1
5 WILLIAM OF OZ 5/1
VICTORIA PARK R5 3:10 1450M
7 REDADAN 3/1
2 LEADER'S PRIDE 4/1
9 DANCING LASS 8/1
VICTORIA PARK R6 3:50 1000M
5 AROUND THE BLOCK 5/2
3 MAVOURTRICE 3/1
2 HERACLES 4/1
VICTORIA PARK R7 4:30 1300M
1 SPANISH ARMS 3/1
2 WYNDAM ALL 4/1
3 DISCO KID 5/1
VICTORIA PARK R8 5:10 1250M
7 ANATOLIA 4/1
3 RUSTIC OPAL 5/1
4 KYMATT 6/1

imported_bill
22-12-02, 01:40 PM
You might like to look at The Virtual FormGuide Plus Ratings. They are available every day and cost only $30 a month. You can evaluate them any time by looking at yesterday's ratings for free. There is also a monthly archive in zip format if you want to go through every race for a month. They were the top rated rating service in the last edition of Punter's Choice.

the dog man (Guest)
24-12-02, 06:54 AM
RESULTS from Saturday
SUPARATINGS 15 winners in the numbers 10 winners in the top 3 raters.
Best price top rated REMI $3.50. Best priced winner in all numbers MIDNIGHT WARRIOR $7.30

SUPERFORM 11 SR super rated 2 winners best price $3

WINNING EDGE RATINGS 27 winners in the numbers 21 winners in top 3 raters.Best price top rated MIDNIGHT WARRIOR $7.30. Best priced overlay WEDDING BELLE rated 8/1 SP 50/1 TAB $39 and HULA STORM rated 5/1 paid $20.