PDA

View Full Version : Need information on staking plans

Numbat (Guest)
03-12-02, 03:47 PM
Hi All,

I am currently working on a system, and think that a staking plan is what I need to turn a slight loss into a profit... or is it?

I am working on the greyhounds, and my hit rates are
1 winner every 3.4 races with my first pick, and
1 winner every 5.2 races with my second pick.

The problem is, with my first picks, the average dividend is only about $3 on the TAB, so I'm running at a slight loss. While I could probably hunt around the various TAB's for a better return, or even use IAS bet, I'd like to know if I can turn this loss into a profit even betting on the TAB.

So, I'm looking for some advice, and perhaps some pointers as to how I can use a staking plan to leverage my wins.

For those of you who have been working on your own systems, can you give me some ideas on where to go next? Will a staking plan help me turn this loss into a profit?

What are people's experiences with so called "loss chasing" staking plans? Do they work, or are they really as bad as some people suggest?

Any pointers or references would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Chris.

Walter Russo (Guest)
03-12-02, 04:23 PM
Hello Numbat,

Perhaps with such a strike rate you could try dutch betting both your first and second selections.
The problem is that on the doggies the pools are so small, that fluctuating prices could burn you. My advice would be either get to the track or bet with IAS or similar, but definitely not the TAB!

As far as staking plans go, I don't think you can turn a loss into a profit, others swear by staking plans, but in the end you're always betting more than your winnings after a run of outs.

It has to fail in the end!

wombat (Guest)
03-12-02, 05:51 PM
"loss chasing systems". I did my bank using "berts best" target or loss chasing system....u can go from an incredible high one day and have ur ass drop out the next..

Walter Russo (Guest)
03-12-02, 06:10 PM
wombat,

I have experience with Berts Best or Berts Worst!

He says he has identified the secrets to training tactics etc and the target betting method makes no sense at all!

I think this is the prime example of what loss chasing can do.

chewy (Guest)
11-12-02, 11:37 PM
There are a number of wager strategies that you can use. The ones I have successfully used with my own selections (I provide tipping services to a small # of club members) are as follows:

For Win Bets:
Double Up technique: As its names suggests, you double up the units 1/2/4/8 and stop as soon as you hit a winner. The minimum $div you need to make at least 1unit profit is $2.0 Now this system has provided up to $1,500 profits in 15 saturdays at $10 per unit. However, you need to have a system that will get at least 1 winner in 4 races as the recommended maximum bets are 4 i.e. maximum bank 15 units or if betting $10, $150 bank/day

Dutch: As someone said before me, not suitable for small pools due to high fluctuations, besides, in order to be ahead you need to add your previous bets (losses) to your profit target, hence not allowing you to set a fixed bank for the day

Flat Rate: Again not suitable due to your small dividend price

I would suggest you try double up but with your number one selection only as it seems you get a win before the 4th race

My contact email is xceedit at hotmail.com if you wish to chat more. I dont visit this site that often