PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Betting

Marshall (Guest)
26-04-03, 08:37 AM
After many years on the outside looking in at punting strategies and doing nothing about it I have come to the conclusion that the only way to go is by backing multiple selections in a race. However what about a staking plan ? How does one manage the bank effectively> Thanks

umrum fan (Guest)
29-04-03, 04:28 AM
i agree. i bet like that often. the best way to win for me is to make a book. You need to know your win($) target and the approximate divy's for the runners. You do not need to back every
runner to win your target amount. You may like to lay certain runners and take a set against them.

In the recent George Ryder stakes I thought it was a race in two.
Defier and Lonhro. I thought defier was the best bet of the card and had 50 wins on him. I also backed Lonhro(20 wins) as he was a definite threat. Both were 6/4. Defier wins = 125 collect =50 dollar win. Lonhro win = $50 collect and a $20 loss. Probably could have worked it even better if had more time.

Tom Johnson (Guest)
29-04-03, 08:22 AM
Marshall, You are 100% correct. Backing multiple runners per race is definately the way to winning.Most punters will not do this which is the main reason why most lose.
I have never seen 1 punter who can win consistently backing 1 horse per race after 50 years of betting, and while there may be someone around who does win I don't think we will never see them.
This 1 factor turned my betting from winning 1 day , losing the next, to winning forever.

freddy (Guest)
29-05-03, 02:57 PM
there is more than one way to win punting and more than one way to lose.

i bet one per race a lot but sometimes two. profits with one over the long haul have been just as good. its all very well backing several runners per race, but if they all lose, you lose a lot more. backing more than 3 per race is very costly and if you cant narrow it down to 2 or 3 horses then dont bet the race.

the whole key to winning over the long haul is doing yur own ratings which are better than guessing like the general public does. after doing that, just a matter of refining them and betting the value selections. if there are 2 or 3 value selections then you may want to back all of them. if only one back one.

dont back horses that are under the odds, sure way to lose over the long haul.